78 replies to this topic

#1 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 10, 2014 - 11:13 AM

With Phil in NY, and now fisher manning the hea coach spot...
Lakers in turmoil..

What if the lakers start bad.. Kobe clashes with mw head coach and the management...

An he says...
Trade me to the Knicks...
Knicks have the absurd contracts in order to do a trade package around Kobe's 24 million

Obviously this isn't going to happen soon... But come febuary of 2015 and the lakers are in another season of bad loses, head coach and management drama... Or if the lakers end up in the lottery next season , and send that pick to phx, and strike out on free agents... Would be a lot harder for Kobe to be traded in 2015-2016 than it would e 2014/2015

Lakers are still rudderless
And all of Kobe's buddies and mentors are lining up in New York, and as crazy as it sounds after 18 years in lakers land...

Could Kobe's become really frustrated next season?
And force a move to the Knicks? Go into the triangle?

I don't want to see this happen.
But.. I can see a scenerio or two where it does...

Amare or barnagi and shunpert for Kobe would be close to work finically... Throw some draft picks or minor pieces. And there ya go

This is a really down the line topic

#2 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,302 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted June 10, 2014 - 11:15 AM

It could be a serious issue moving down the line. I also think Phil Jackson is doing this on purpose. He knows he can't get any serious free agents, and could be trying to lure Kobe to the Knicks.

#3 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,393 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 10, 2014 - 11:19 AM

Lol. Like management would acquiesce unless they got expirings and draft picks. Like Kobe would want to go to a depleted Knicks

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,127 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 10, 2014 - 11:20 AM

Wow... people really disrespect Kobe who has said time and time again if he isn't winning a championship as a Laker then it isn't going to happen.  He has vowed he will not lower himself to ring chasing.  

Looking at the Knicks situation, their dysfunction and how badly that organization is ran and how Phil is cut short at every corner why the heck would Kobe want to leave the Lakers for the Knicks?  It makes no [expletive] sense.   

The Knicks are about to be a lottery team in 2015 why the heck would Kobe go there?  How would they be any closer to a championship?

Please don't tell me this entire thread is based of Rick Fox saying he could "see" Kobe going to the Knicks just because Phil is there  :smh:   This is going a bit too far. 

Edited by Majesty, June 10, 2014 - 11:21 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#5 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,221 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 11:23 AM

Wow... people really disrespect Kobe who has said time and time again if he isn't winning a championship as a Laker then it isn't going to happen. He has vowed he will not lower himself to ring chasing.

Looking at the Knicks situation, their dysfunction and how badly that organization is ran and how Phil is cut short at every corner why the heck would Kobe want to leave the Lakers for the Knicks? It makes no [expletive] sense.

Here is why
Everytime Kobe has won a NBA championship, he has had a few things...
Phil, fisher, and the triangle

Now all 3 of those are in New York...

I didn't see rock foxs comment
I just thought of this on my own...

Edited by TKainZero, June 10, 2014 - 11:24 AM.

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,127 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 11:27 AM

Here is why
Everytime Kobe has won a NBA championship, he has had a few things...
Phil, fisher, and the triangle

Now all 3 of those are in New York...

That is NOT why they had success... sigh....

It took Kobe, Shaq and Phil or Kobe, Gasol and Phil to win a championship and Fisher was a player not a coach in that situation.  

Kobe already went through what it was like to not have a second option it was called the "dark years" when all he had by his size was Kwame and Smush.   What in New York is any different than that?    He couldn't carry that team past the first round because it was so devoid of talent and that was when he was the best player in the world dropping 35 points a game.  Why the heck would he at 36 go to the Knicks for the same situation or worse!?!  

Think about it...please... 

Do you really think Kobe is that stupid and sentimental that he would leave from a lottery situation for another just because a former teammate is a coach there?  How stupid do you think Kobe is.

Edited by Majesty, June 10, 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#7 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,221 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 11:32 AM

Melo/Kobe?
Melo would be a good 2nd option to Kobe. Or kobe to melo...
Surround those 2 with the right role players and they get to eastern finals.

You can't really trade a head coach/ team president. But a player trade happens..

Fish and Phil in NY makes then hugely relevant and makes them on the upswing.

Lakers at BEST could be said to be treading water. And they are on the down slide in truth

#8 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,127 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 11:39 AM

Melo/Kobe?
Melo would be a good 2nd option to Kobe. Or kobe to melo...
Surround those 2 with the right role players and they get to eastern finals.

Problem is they have NO cap space.  Even if Melo left they'd be waaaaaay over the cap.  There is no way they are going to add any kind of role players to that team for another two seasons.    

That team is going nowhere for a long time.   The best thing for the Knicks would be Melo leaving and allowing them to go fully into the lottery.  

Edited by Majesty, June 10, 2014 - 11:42 AM.

#9 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,813 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 10, 2014 - 11:43 AM

With new ownership in Clipper-land and rumors of the new owner Steve Ballmer actually buying Staples Centre and with Phil Jackson, Derek Fisher and now possibly Kurt Rambis in NY, i do think this current Laker-situation can spiral out of control in a pretty bad way. 

I dont expect Kobe to make any drastic moves, though as it is his current contract that is the biggest obstacle for a quick rebuild. Kobe has his legacy to think about and being on the end of his career i doubt that he would ever leave Los Angeles. 

That said, if Mitch and Jim continue down their current path of questionable decisions that turn out bad, anything could happen. 

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,127 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 11:50 AM

It's funny how it's assumed because Fisher is coaching, and Phil Jackson is watching and Rambis is an assistant on the staff that it equals contention for the Knicks. 

It all means diddily even when you have the best player in the world if you don't have a second transcendent talent next to him.  

Remember when all Kobe had was Kwame and Smush?  That's what happens when you don't have talent.  

The Knicks have neither.  They don't have the talent, nor the best player in the world and they are one of the most over the cap teams in the NBA.  

If you think getting Fisher as a coach and Rambis as his assistant change that all because of the magic of the triangle, then you have embellished just how much the triangle has to do with the teams success.  The triangle didn't get us past the first round without talent.. even with the bestp layer in the world.  Don't fool yourself into thinking it's single handedly going to save the Knicks.  

Edited by Majesty, June 10, 2014 - 11:51 AM.

#11 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,813 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 10, 2014 - 12:08 PM

It's funny how it's assumed because Fisher is coaching, and Phil Jackson is watching and Rambis is an assistant on the staff that it equals contention for the Knicks. 

It all means diddily even when you have the best player in the world if you don't have a second transcendent talent next to him.  

Remember when all Kobe had was Kwame and Smush?  That's what happens when you don't have talent.  

The Knicks have neither.  They don't have the talent, nor the best player in the world and they are one of the most over the cap teams in the NBA.  

If you think getting Fisher as a coach and Rambis as his assistant change that all because of the magic of the triangle, then you have embellished just how much the triangle has to do with the teams success.  The triangle didn't get us past the first round without talent.. even with the bestp layer in the world.  Don't fool yourself into thinking it's single handedly going to save the Knicks.  

True. But i still think there are clear signs of improvement in the front offices with both the Knicks and the Clippers  - i dont even think that's something that can be debated. That alone means that the big advantage the Lakers had (i.e. being well managed team with good nba history in a major market) when persuing big time free agents suddently isn't as big of an advantage as it has been. 

I dont see the doomsday scenarios where suddently Kobe is leaving or anything, but i do see the Lakers running into trouble if this current situation isn't turned around pretty soon. 

#12 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 10, 2014 - 12:16 PM

Lock it Up!

I dont want to hear about anymore hate coming to Lakers nor Kobe

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#13 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,127 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 12:19 PM

True. But i still think there are clear signs of improvement in the front offices with both the Knicks and the Clippers  - i dont even think that's something that can be debated. That alone means that the big advantage the Lakers had (i.e. being well managed team with good nba history in a major market) when persuing big time free agents suddently isn't as big of an advantage as it has been. 

I dont see the doomsday scenarios where suddently Kobe is leaving or anything, but i do see the Lakers running into trouble if this current situation isn't turned around pretty soon. 

How are you seeing any improvements in the Knicks front offices or the Clippers?

First off the Clippers haven't even done anything yet aside from hire a new owner.

Second of all we've come off the last two months of bad things happening within the Knicks front office, Phil being sabotaged by Dolan at every turn and Steve Kerr shunning him because of how bad things are run in that organization.   All that doesn't change because Phil got desperate and hired Derek Fisher.  

#14 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,005 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 12:22 PM

I think it's a pretty big improvement for the Clippers getting a new owner with deep enough pockets to buy the staple center. Clippers were notorious cheap stakes with Sterling as owner.

Again, whenever you add Phil Jackson to your organization, that's an improvement anyway you put it.

#15 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,127 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 12:26 PM

I think it's a pretty big improvement for the Clippers getting a new owner with deep enough pockets to buy the staple center. Clippers were notorious cheap stakes with Sterling as owner.

Again, whenever you add Phil Jackson to your organization, that's an improvement anyway you put it.

You're overrating things before they've even happened.  

Phil's been sabotaged at every corner by Dolan and isn't even allowed to make half the decisions he's promised and his BIGGEST move he was going to make which was assumed a sure thing failed when Kerr shunned coaching the Knicks to go to the Warriors.  

We aren't gonna sweep this all under the rug because Phil had to get desperate and hire Fisher because of that and try to keep living in the fantasy that just because he's Phil Jackson it will turn the Knicks into contenders.

No, that fabrication should have vanished when Kerr shunned him to go coach the Warriors.   

Phil works for Dolan.  Long as that exists, nothing saves the Knicks.  

Edited by Majesty, June 10, 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#16 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,323 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 10, 2014 - 12:28 PM

Did you get this from the Rick Fox interview?  The chances of Kobe going to the Knicks within the next year or two is slim to none.  However, if he chooses to go to the knicks after his lakers contract then so be it. Thats a more likely chances of him being a knick. As a 38 year old dude. 

Edited by epicwolf, June 10, 2014 - 12:28 PM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#17 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 10, 2014 - 12:48 PM

First, Kobe can't trade himself.

Second, if the Knicks are stupid enough to go after Kobe's monster contract, let them.

Third, how in the world is this doomsday?  Kobe circa 2005, sure...now?  LOL.

It is definitely the offseason...

#18 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 10, 2014 - 12:54 PM

I don't think Kobe would ask for a trade at this point in his career. He understands what legacies are all about, and staying with a single team your entire career is extremely rare in sports nowadays. If we hadn't won back-to-back 4 years ago it would be a definite possibility, but not now. He wouldn't lower himself to ring-chasing, he's too prideful for that.

#19 ajaxjs

ajaxjs

Rookie

• 211 posts
  • Name:Jack Clifford
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq

Posted June 10, 2014 - 12:55 PM

The Lakers/Kobe 'doomsday scenario' has already come and gone...It was called 'Mike D'Antoni'.

We're living in the aftermath of the apocalypse, friend.

#20 Naismith

Naismith

Rookie

• 612 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:Cap

Posted June 10, 2014 - 01:00 PM

The Lakers/Kobe 'doomsday scenario' has already come and gone...It was called 'Mike D'Antoni'.

We're living in the aftermath of the apocalypse, friend.

Man that's clever :clap2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users