#61 Naismith

Naismith

Rookie

• 612 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:Cap

Posted June 10, 2014 - 08:07 PM

I shouldn't have to say this, but Michael Jordan was not a:

Those Bulls never ever ever ever ever ever ever had a DOMINANT BIG. 

Bill Cartwright wasn't anywhere near dominant, Luc Longley wasn't anywhere dominant, Bill Wennington wasn't anywhere near dominant, Will Purdue wasn't anywhere near dominant.

That's true but all triangles are not equal. I think that Shaq was the epitome of the Perfect triangle and the three headed monster worked in Chicago because the Bulls had three legitimate perimeter scoring options to stretch defenses. It was a matter of pick your poison. Just as it was when Shaq left and Kobe had to get a little help with two other legitimate perimeter scorers. Wennington. Longley, and Cartwright were all terrific finishers around the rim. Armstrong, Kerr, Pippen were all terrific perimeter guys. 

The towering ability of Jordan and Kobe allowed for the triangle to flow from the fact that defenses could not leave either player ever. If you did that they'd smoke you. Most players can't move like either Jordan or Kobe did when they were in their prime, and although it is a perfect scenario to have an absolute beast at the 5, the triangle is all about flow and hitting the open man. Which is why both Jordan and Kobe have very respectable career assist numbers.

That's why Kobe was still so deadly even without Shaq. Pau is not a dominant center by any stretch, but he is a terrific finisher around the rim and an excellent midrange and perimeter threat.

#62 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 10, 2014 - 08:14 PM

That's true but all triangles are not equal. I think that Shaq was the epitome of the Perfect triangle and the three headed monster worked in Chicago because the Bulls had three legitimate perimeter scoring options to stretch defenses. It was a matter of pick your poison. Just as it was when Shaq left and Kobe had to get a little help with two other legitimate perimeter scorers. Wennington. Longley, and Cartwright were all terrific finishers around the rim. Armstrong, Kerr, Pippen were all terrific perimeter guys. 

The towering ability of Jordan and Kobe allowed for the triangle to flow from the fact that defenses could not leave either player ever. If you did that they'd smoke you. Most players can't move like either Jordan or Kobe did when they were in their prime, and although it is a perfect scenario to have an absolute beast at the 5, the triangle is all about flow and hitting the open man. Which is why both Jordan and Kobe have very respectable career assist numbers.

That's why Kobe was still so deadly even without Shaq. Pau is not a dominant center by any stretch, but he is a terrific finisher around the rim and an excellent midrange and perimeter threat.

I'm not in much of a talkative mood so all I'm saying is the Chicago Bulls never had a dominant big during the PJ/MJ days. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#63 la1904

la1904

Rookie

• 230 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, swaggy p

Posted June 11, 2014 - 08:56 PM

Glad we didn't get him, but wish him the best in NY. lol

dont hate on the fish boy!  but who is the girl on your tar?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users