Posted June 10, 2014 - 09:03 AM

good luck fish, you're gonna need it

bw1wOGf.png

#42 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 10, 2014 - 09:26 AM

By hiring a young coach and giving him time to develop it only empowers a franchise for the future.

This is what OKC, NJ, Miami, ATL, Bos, Den, GSW, Indy, PHX and now the NYK's have already done.

And for each franchise its already paying off. 

Meanwhile the doofus brigade that is the LAL FO is trying to brush the dust off old fossils.

Instant gratification in Lakers Land is gone, at least for now. Its time to build structure for the future.

Starting with a coach as a cornerstone. Then 1 brick at a time.

We should have gotten Fish on our staff. We should get Luke Walton on our staff.

A solid college coach like Hoiberg would only benefit us 5 seasons from now.

Were not winning Chips in the next 3 years. We probably wont make the playoffs. No matter who is coaching. Thats why we get a young coach now and groom him for where we want to get to. Not to win with the garbage we have now.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#43 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,118 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 09:34 AM

Meanwhile the doofus brigade that is the LAL FO is trying to brush the dust off old fossils.

I'd disagree. Kobe would be a good example of your argument here but he'd be your only one. From the sounds of it we're waiting to see who we draft and what the market value of certain players are in free agency before we make any moves.

There is zero rush to just go and hire a coach just to do it. The last 2 times we did that it back fired, why do it 3 times in a row? The market for good coaches is pretty thin right now. So thin in fact that Steve Kerr and Derek Fisher are both getting 5 million a year to coach when they've never done it before. Greg Popovic makes 6 million a year I believe for comparison.....

#44 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted June 10, 2014 - 10:43 AM

I'd disagree. Kobe would be a good example of your argument here but he'd be your only one. From the sounds of it we're waiting to see who we draft and what the market value of certain players are in free agency before we make any moves.

There is zero rush to just go and hire a coach just to do it. The last 2 times we did that it back fired, why do it 3 times in a row? The market for good coaches is pretty thin right now. So thin in fact that Steve Kerr and Derek Fisher are both getting 5 million a year to coach when they've never done it before. Greg Popovic makes 6 million a year I believe for comparison.....

I meant for the acquisition of a YOUNG coach(es), not young players...however I want young players to.

Edited by LakersGAFan, June 10, 2014 - 10:43 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#45 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 10, 2014 - 10:59 AM

Bad, desperation hire by the Knicks.

The only reason Kidd had any success was because of the veterans around him on and off the court. And they still struggled mightily. Fisher is going to have a terrible time trying to match that on any level.

THANK YOU! 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#46 DaveGrumbles

DaveGrumbles

Rookie

• 232 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba, Big Game James

Posted June 10, 2014 - 11:16 AM

Those Bulls never ever ever ever ever ever ever had a DOMINANT BIG. 

Bill Cartwright wasn't anywhere near dominant, Luc Longley wasn't anywhere dominant, Bill Wennington wasn't anywhere near dominant, Will Purdue wasn't anywhere near dominant.

I think he was saying you don't need a dominant big if you happen to have the greatest player to ever walk the earth. The Knicks lack that so they probably need a dominant big...

#47 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 11:50 AM

10441524_10152127993751006_4185044591380

"I will have Derek (Fisher) wear all 5 of his rings the first time he comes in to talk to Carmelo." - Phil Jackson #LiveOnSC

http://bleacherrepor...amming-national

Edited by LakersGAFan, June 10, 2014 - 11:51 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#48 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,105 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 11:54 AM

Carmelo: So Fisher won championships right?  

Phil: Yes. 

Carmelo: as a player

Phil: Yes

Carmelo: Is he playing? 

Phil: No.. he's coaching. 

Carmelo: And you won championships as a coach? 

Phil: Yes

Carmelo: Are you coaching? 

Phil: No.. I'm consulting.  

Carmelo: And does this change our cap space?

Phil: No. 

Carmelo: So we can't afford the best player in the world? 

Phil: No. 

Carmelo: See ya. 

they're basically trying to sign guys on their reputations they formed doing something else.   Fisher won championships as a 4th option. 

Edited by Majesty, June 10, 2014 - 11:55 AM.

#49 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 12:03 PM

they're basically trying to sign guys on their reputations they formed doing something else.   Fisher won championships as a 4th option. 

And PJ won 2 Chips as a player who was usually chillen on the bench and only playing 15 mins/game.

A rookie became a champ and became a rookie again to try and be a champ again.

Thats the way coaching works. It just has to start over about every other generation. And it has.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#50 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 10, 2014 - 12:24 PM

The Knicks have so many issues to sort out, that organization is just a mess. I guess Fish needs to get his foot in the door somehow. Still, that's a rough job for a first year coach.

#51 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,105 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 12:40 PM

And PJ won 2 Chips as a player who was usually chillen on the bench and only playing 15 mins/game.

Phil isn't playing for or coaching the Knicks. 

#52 Jack Lime

Jack Lime

Rookie

• 360 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 10, 2014 - 12:43 PM

I find it amusing that people are legit upset with the FO that we didn't grab D.Fish as a our damn coach. Like the Knicks are going to magically contend for a championship next season cause he's there.

VN8Tqa1.jpg

#53 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 10, 2014 - 12:43 PM

Am I the only person who doesn't give a damn about this hiring?  Sure im happy for Fish I couldn't care less. Just like I didnt care when Phil end up in New York.  If it has nothing to do with the Lakers, i couldn't care less.  Not bitter about the lakers not having Phil or Fish. Right now the Knicks are just putting lipsticks on a pig.  Their roster sucks. They are stuck with bad contracts and their potential star might be gone. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#54 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,105 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 12:57 PM

I find it amusing that people are legit upset with the FO that we didn't grab D.Fish as a our damn coach. Like the Knicks are going to magically contend for a championship next season cause he's there.

Am I the only person who doesn't give a damn about this hiring?  Sure im happy for Fish I couldn't care less. Just like I didnt care when Phil end up in New York.  If it has nothing to do with the Lakers, i couldn't care less.  Not bitter about the lakers not having Phil or Fish. Right now the Knicks are just putting lipsticks on a pig.  Their roster sucks. They are stuck with bad contracts and their potential star might be gone. 

#55 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 10, 2014 - 01:24 PM

Why all the hostility? I mean, I already know Majesty is going to go in on NY but wow lol.

It's not like we're a ribeye steak right now; more like a bowl of cornflakes with no sugar.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#56 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 10, 2014 - 01:41 PM

There is no hostility here.  Its just people make way too much of a big deal with Fisher getting hired and even a bigger deal with Phil Jackson as Basketball of Ops. Yes the Lakers are not ribeye steaks right now but with the roster wised, we actually have a better roster than the knicks going forward believe it or not. Why? because we have 3 players and money to spend. So for people to think that the Knicks are going to be amazing next year cus of the zen master and lil fishy boy, they are delusional.   Next year the Knicks might have a rougher time than the Lakers. Right now the nobody knows what the Lakers look like. We all know what the Knicks going to look like next year. With Melo and a bunch of roll players or without melo and a bunch of roll players.    Knicks better stock up on Issiah Thomas jersey cus that is the only thing they can bank for next year with that kid.

Edited by epicwolf, June 10, 2014 - 01:42 PM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#57 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 10, 2014 - 01:47 PM

Who has made a big deal??? Has someone penciled them in for the championship or something? I haven't seen that anywhere. Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher JUST got there. No amount of time has been given to find out if they can succeed at their respective endeavors. Saying or implying they're going to do well is jumping the gun as is saying or implying they're going to fail.

So much bitterness lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#58 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,118 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 01:54 PM

Who has made a big deal??? Has someone penciled them in for the championship or something? I haven't seen that anywhere. Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher JUST got there. No amount of time has been given to find out if they can succeed at their respective endeavors. Saying or implying they're going to do well is jumping the gun as is saying or implying they're going to fail.

So much bitterness lol

Think they're referencing this:

http://lakernation.c...ning/?p=1564930

But yeah, I agree.....there's nothing to be bitter about lol.

#59 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,105 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 05:49 PM

Fisher already told the Lakers he was serious about the Knicks job prior 

1. Fish says he was "surprised" it got out that the Lakers weren't interested in him. He had already told LAL that he was serious about NYK

1. Fisher on Lakers: "I don't know if they ever really considered me as one of their candidates."

#60 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,906 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted June 10, 2014 - 06:17 PM

I would've loved Fisher.

As an assistant.
iyjywo.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users