66 replies to this topic

#21 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,050 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 06, 2014 - 10:40 AM

I don't want to say steroids.... but...

That would make a ton of sense in this situation. Most of the time though, steroids are used to relieve cramping/soreness of an area of fatigue when injected, not the other way around

This is why you have to drink lots of fluids when you take those PED's. i have used creatine monohydrate foru work outs and the moment i dont take any fluids? Boom... It hits me! Remember those incident in florida where they said le bron's agent/manager/friend picked up some pills and signed out with the LJ innitial?

Creatine monohydrate is not anything like steroids

#22 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 10:56 AM

You guys are pathetic.

#23 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,510 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 06, 2014 - 11:38 AM

Anything except giving the guy credit for being an amazing basketball player...

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#24 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 06, 2014 - 11:41 AM

POPULAR

naw...I dont hate LBJ at all. I dont care. But theres no pass or excuse for acting like a lil punk on the biggest stage of your profession. 

I'm ok with the concept of someone having a serious muscle cramp/spasm that prevents him from finishing play in a Championship game.

But do what you need to do to maintain dignity and respect and not look like a lil teenage drama queen.

Hop to the side line on 1 leg, roll off the court, crawl even. Ask someone to be a crutch so you dont fall to assist you to the bench. Things a man would do in that situation.

But getting 4 people to carry you off the court like you were just shot in battle is excessive hoe [expletive].

AND...if you really need 4 people to carry you to the sideline, dont make the agonizing pain face Lebron did.

He honestly looked like he was in process of giving birth to triplets.

Kobe tore a freaking achilles tendon. Actually if KB required a wheel chair or stretcher in that situation I would have understood. But not only did KB walk off the court with honor, he shot and made 2 FT's, then walked off. No face like he just had his left testicle blown out of his sack by a IED.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#25 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,510 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 11:51 AM

How and why are we comparing Achilles tears to leg cramps?  Didn't Kobe miss 2 full games in the Finals due to an ankle injury? If this was 2011 when Lebron hadn't won a ring I'd get some of the flack but dude has lead his team to 2 Finals wins.  Why exactly are people still questioning his heart as a player at this point?  You really believe that he just didn't want to play when his team was down 2 points with like 5 mins to go?  Why does every conversation have to turn into something about MJ or Kobe. 

LAKERGA have you EVER caught a cramp in a compromising spot before??  If you have then you know that there is NO movement going on.  Kobe's FT shooting had nothing to do with anything.  An achilles tear does not impede the mobility of the entire body but a cramp in your legs with not allow to have any real range of motion to even the simplest movements without feeling like you're about to snap

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#26 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,050 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 11:52 AM

But getting 4 people to carry you off the court like you were just shot in battle is excessive hoe [expletive].

AND...if you really need 4 people to carry you to the sideline, dont make the agonizing pain face Lebron did.

He honestly looked like he was in process of giving birth to triplets.

goodfellas-laughing.gif

#27 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,510 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 11:55 AM

Now the being carried off the floor stuff is a bit much lol.  Im all for clowning the dude, everyone gotta take the jokes but in the end doesn't change the fact he wasn't going to be able to enter the game again.

#28 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,591 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted June 06, 2014 - 12:29 PM

Those were some serious conditions to play in.

And a pretty dramatic and satisfying way for a playoff series to BEGIN if you ask me.

A lot of people might remember (or heard) Magic missing the entire 89 finals v detroit w an injury.

And a chance to 3peat i would add. Was he a drama queen?

S#!t happens all the time in moments like these.

Tough titties.

I was watching that game thinking, Brutal! Refs and the league should have announced at the half that each team will be awarded an extra timeout given circumstances imo

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (looks pretty good so far), 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...injured game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of, Davis, nice upside!), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#29 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,326 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 06, 2014 - 01:10 PM

I am not a Bron fan at all but I do think it was a real cramp. He didn't fake it.  However, if it was Kobe, he would do whatever it take to get back in the game.  Lebron just afraid it might harm him in the future thats why he say its not worth it. And that is why he got the critism because he is not psychotic like Kobe.  Now the bigger question is why Lebron is the only person on that court that have such a cramp that he can't play anymore. Last I check there are 24 players suiting up and 5 players play in that same elements.  This could be something bigger.  If Lebron did use steroids, the NBA will do whatever they can to hide that fact. Lebron is the face of the NBA and i am not a conspiracy theorist but if the NBA was able to hide Jordan's gambling issues in the mid 90's then they can for sure hide this.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#30 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,436 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted June 06, 2014 - 01:11 PM

LBJ just needed to tone it down, it's that simple. We get it, some cramps just can't be played through, but don't be going above and beyond with your antics to make sure EVERYONE is aware because then you're just making yourself look like a punk.

#31 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,326 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 06, 2014 - 01:23 PM

Im surprised Lebron didn't cry out "whyyyyyy whyyyyyy"     like Nancy Kerrigan.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#32 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,172 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted June 06, 2014 - 01:52 PM

From experience I know that a bad cramp can shut down whatever part of your body it's effecting, depending on the severity. However that still doesn't give him a pass for being carried off the floor and crying like he just broke his femur.... I personally think lebron is just a [expletive] and would complain even if it was a minor injury just because that's how his mindset is to me.

There's plenty of examples of way worse injuries that players in many different sports have played through with excruciating pain, for lebron to be carried off the court the way he was over cramps.
Hell I think there was a rugby player that once played through a torn testicle and after he found out it was torn, he had it stitched back up and finished the game. So no lebron does not earn my sympathy.

#33 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,242 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 06, 2014 - 02:07 PM

Awesome use of that Goodfellas gif.

#34 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,718 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 06, 2014 - 02:08 PM

i cannot believe ESPN actually has a one on one talk with Lebron right now basically repairing Lebron's image lol Amazing.. have they done this sort of thing before? esp. while a series is going on?

ap1.png

#35 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,043 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 06, 2014 - 02:56 PM

LeBroning6.jpg

More at this link

#36 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,137 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 06, 2014 - 02:57 PM

i cannot believe ESPN actually has a one on one talk with Lebron right now basically repairing Lebron's image lol Amazing.. have they done this sort of thing before? esp. while a series is going on?

yep lol got a 40 minute interview with Wilbon no more than 40 mins later hahah! 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#37 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,050 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 05:46 PM

yep lol got a 40 minute interview with Wilbon no more than 40 mins later hahah! 

This is the reason why so many people hate on LeBron. There's not a single NBA superstar other than him that would've done a 40 interview the night after all of this and play the victim card.

LeBron gets cramps: "It was kinda hot out there. I'm the easiest target in social media"

Kobe, Jordan, Shaq, Duncan, any other transcendent player: "My team lost because of me and I'll work hard to make sure this doesn't happen again" then no other comment, no excuses, no 40 minute interview

#38 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,137 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 06, 2014 - 06:34 PM

How and why are we comparing Achilles tears to leg cramps? Didn't Kobe miss 2 full games in the Finals due to an ankle injury? If this was 2011 when Lebron hadn't won a ring I'd get some of the flack but dude has lead his team to 2 Finals wins. Why exactly are people still questioning his heart as a player at this point? You really believe that he just didn't want to play when his team was down 2 points with like 5 mins to go? Why does every conversation have to turn into something about MJ or Kobe.

LAKERGA have you EVER caught a cramp in a compromising spot before?? If you have then you know that there is NO movement going on. Kobe's FT shooting had nothing to do with anything. An achilles tear does not impede the mobility of the entire body but a cramp in your legs with not allow to have any real range of motion to even the simplest movements without feeling like you're about to snap

No Jody. Kobe missed one game, and then played on it while it was still injured the next game and won the game for the Lakers when Shaq fouled out.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#39 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,718 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 06, 2014 - 07:40 PM

yep. No wonder everyone thinks he is goat.. the media is forcing them to think that way

This is the reason why so many people hate on LeBron. There's not a single NBA superstar other than him that would've done a 40 interview the night after all of this and play the victim card.

LeBron gets cramps: "It was kinda hot out there. I'm the easiest target in social media"

Kobe, Jordan, Shaq, Duncan, any other transcendent player: "My team lost because of me and I'll work hard to make sure this doesn't happen again" then no other comment, no excuses, no 40 minute interview

ap1.png

#40 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 11:04 PM

LeBron doesnt have to follow Kobe's steps. If Kobe can tolerate pain it doesnt mean others have to.. Tolerance differs from one to another.

The guy is proven and there's no reason he'd fake an injury (which is the most idiotic thing I've heard lately).

Stop hatting on him and appreciate the type of game he brings to the table. Some of you are so insecure about Kobe's ranking on the goat list. It doesnt matter, if he earns it so be it. Have some sense of logic and objectivity.

GET OVER IT !!

From ESPN to LN , where extremism happens...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users