Photo

Houston decided not to match $46M Dallas offer sheet for Chandler Parsons. Parsons officially a Mav. (Pg. 2)

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,761 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 14, 2014 - 07:25 PM

New Mavericks forward Chandler Parsons tells Yahoo he was "offended" by how the Rockets treated him in free agency. http://yhoo.it/1rcI2Ke 

#42 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,761 posts

Posted July 18, 2014 - 03:50 PM

Dwight Howard to AP in Atlanta on Rockets losing Chandler Parsons: "It won't affect us at all."

#43 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,495 posts

Posted July 18, 2014 - 03:58 PM

Keep telling yourself that Dwight.

#44 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,150 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 18, 2014 - 04:37 PM

So much for that bromance. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#45 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted July 18, 2014 - 06:18 PM

Dwight can tell himself that Houston has the "best center and SG" in the league all he wants. With the rise of Anthony Davis (I'm cheating a bit here), Andre Drummond, and the entrance of Joel Embiid and later on Jahlil Okafor, his ass won't be up there for long. Harden was the best by default because the better men were injured (Kobe, Wade). Real stars play on both ends of the floor. 

But I digress: Houston just lost their third best player along with their top two bench members, of course they get worse. Without Parsons, Houston loses in 5 not-so-close games to Portland. He was critical in many of their games and provided a lot of solid offense through cuts and mid-range shots while Harden choked. Ariza has historically always done worse after contract years, and isn't as offensively talented as Parsons. Houston doesn't even have Clint Capela yet since they are in a contract dispute with him. They went from two superstars, one rising star, and two great supporting players to two superstars and a supporting player. They'll be bounced out of the first round again, so he's right in the sense that it won't affect them. When Houston fails again in 2015 FA because of Morey's bridge burning methods, he'll be out of Houston and onto another team in no time. 

Dwight should go back to dealing with his own age group maturity and continue flying out underage girls.

#46 L4K

L4K

Rookie

• 734 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 18, 2014 - 06:30 PM

Does anyone even care about what Dwight says anymore? He's bounced more cheques with his mouth then I can remember.

#47 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted July 23, 2014 - 09:42 PM

Mavs r a sneaky team in the west great coach and ellis is taking the next step

Nelson ledo harris
Ellis
Parsons
Dirk
Chandler

#48 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,150 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 01:08 AM

BtSQmkjCQAEFpTQ.png

#49 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,150 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 01:25 AM

Parsons: Dwight didn't mean anything he said 

Recently, Dwight Howard made a comment suggesting Houston won’t be affected by Chandler Parsons’ absence next season.  Parsons, who signed a 3 year, $46 million deal with the Dallas Mavericks, responded to Howard’s thought on the Jim Rome Show Wednesday (via JimRome.com):

“I know he didn’t mean it. He’s one of my closest friends,” said Parsons. “He’s got to be confident with the Rockets moving forward with or without me there, so I understand where he’s coming from. I think it’s a ridiculous statement, but at the end of the day, he has to stick up for the Rockets and I don’t think he meant it in a bad way and didn’t try to bash me at all.”

http://spacecityscoo...paign=FS Widget

#50 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,172 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 24, 2014 - 05:29 AM

Parsons: Dwight didn't mean anything he said 

Recently, Dwight Howard made a comment suggesting Houston won’t be affected by Chandler Parsons’ absence next season.  Parsons, who signed a 3 year, $46 million deal with the Dallas Mavericks, responded to Howard’s thought on the Jim Rome Show Wednesday (via JimRome.com):

http://spacecityscoo...paign=FS Widget

“I know he didn’t mean it. He’s one of my closest friends,” said Parsons. “He’s got to be confident with the Rockets moving forward with or without me there, so I understand where he’s coming from. I think it’s a ridiculous statement, but at the end of the day, he has to stick up for the Rockets and I don’t think he meant it in a bad way and didn’t try to bash me at all.”

Be interesting to see which team has a better record and goes further Dallas V. Houston.

Both still playoff teams i would guess. Not sure if either are top 4 though

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#51 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,761 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 11:04 AM

Harden on the other hand...

Parsons said Harden's comment surprised him, since James of all people knows what it's like to want a bigger role after leaving OKC for HOU.

Parsons on Harden: "It's a pretty ridiculous statement, if he meant that. I'm excited to go to DAL. I'm ready for next step, a bigger role."

Parsons: "If anybody should understand it's James, since he was in same situation in OKC then he got the chance to come to HOU and shine."

Edited by Lakersfan1211, July 24, 2014 - 11:04 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (3)