When Will Durant Be Criticized?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,223 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 07:44 PM

When will Durant start taking criticism? Until what point can he reach before we starting pointing at him for getting eliminated? This guy gets off the hook to easy in my opinion. When will he receive the same treatment as Kobe and LeBron. When Kobe and LeBron get eliminate, they both get criticized by the media and critics for "not carry their team." Seriously. 

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#2 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,164 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 31, 2014 - 07:46 PM

Probably if he gets Brooks fired and Jackson traded, he was mad at both of em at the stretch of the game, lol.(Brooks for calling that timeout that KD didn't want, Jackson didn't inbound ball to him.) 

#3 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,857 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 31, 2014 - 07:50 PM

I think Durant is going through the same thing Lebron did. Constantly fail and never win a ring until he leaves for a better team, then dominates. What team that will be, who knows but unless OKC can get another great player on there team, I cant see them doing any better. This is as good as they are gonna get and I think he is realizing this. 

Edited by bigfetz, May 31, 2014 - 07:50 PM.

#4 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,940 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 31, 2014 - 07:53 PM

When will Durant start taking criticism? Until what point can he reach before we starting pointing at him for getting eliminated? This guy gets off the hook to easy in my opinion. When will he receive the same treatment as Kobe and LeBron. When Kobe and LeBron get eliminate, they both get criticized by the media and critics for "not carry their team." Seriously. 

It certainly is getting to the point where he deserves to get blamed for their failures. However, that is just the media doing their job. Durant does deserve some blame but right now Lebron is the big dog, so in the media spot light he doesn't get that treatment.

Kobe was the best player in the NBA in LA spot light on his back, of course when he fell short there was huge criticism to him.

Lebron was the self proclaimed king,the chosen one, and eventually the best player in the league all eyes were on him. When he came up short the story was once again target him.

Durant on the other hand just won the MVP, but still is second to lebron. Therefore the backlash isn't nearly as big as the names you mentioned. You also have to realize most of those criticisms of the media are unwarranted. 9 times out of 10 when their teams lost it wasn't to do with them but rather their team. However, they take praise when they win and therefore weather the storm when they lose.

The only warranted blame was Lebron in the 11'  finals when he just completely folded. Other than that basically all the other criticisms of the media were overblown and done just in the name for a story.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, May 31, 2014 - 07:55 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#5 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,251 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted May 31, 2014 - 07:55 PM

They [expletive]ed up when they traded harden.

#6 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,223 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 07:56 PM

and all they had to do was amnesty Perkins.......

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#7 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,032 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted May 31, 2014 - 08:56 PM

When will Durant start taking criticism? 

never.gif

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,804 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 31, 2014 - 09:14 PM

Durant who is the undisputed leader of the Thunder and someone who would have received most of the praise if they won should also be the guy who takes the blame. The thing is, Durant isn't polarizing like Kobe, he never really choked or presented himself as 'the chosen one', like Lebron, and he's actually had a few good excuses as to why they lost.

In '10-'11 and earlier the Thunder were still too young

'11-'12 they met the Heat, who were just a better team

'12-'13 they lost Westbrook

This year they were without their defensive anchor for two games, which i think played a significant role in them losing, and they met a well-oiled Spurs team that quickly took advantage of those two early/easy wins. That said, I think this is the first year where you can legitimately start asking questions on why Durant didn't play up to his regular season standards and take his team all the way. I think the criticism will only increase from here on out for Durant.

#9 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,071 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 31, 2014 - 09:16 PM

That has been obvious for about 3 years now. You think people will finally acknowledge it? :) 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#10 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 01, 2014 - 01:41 AM

They need to can Brooks. OKC won't get any further with his stupid rotations and lack of adjustments. It's what screwed them in the Finals two years ago and will continue to screw them time and time again. They can't just expect to brute force their way through every opponent in the playoffs off the talent of Durant and Westbrook.

#11 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,571 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 01, 2014 - 04:14 AM

CP3 still doesnt get criticized after 8 straight years of playoff chokes.

Theres always many excuses why he cant, couldnt or event shouldnt have won. Even sometimes when his team was favored.

Durant will get the same treatment. The NBA is a promo game now. 1 liners form the publics consensus because most dont watch the games.

If OKC wins, the Headlines are, "Durant victorious - Back to Finals".

But, when OKC loses to the Spurs again the headlines read, "Spurs survive in OKC - Durant gets no help".

Reggie Miller as he was announcing yesterday already put the cover up story into action during the 4th qt/OT of Game 6 when he repeatedly said comments such as: "Durants playing great but hes not getting enough touches and shots and his bench hasnt scored yet, Coach Brooks needs to get him involved".

Translation: Durant still wonderful and not responsible for loss in any way, blame team & coach.

Even though I remember him missing shots in the 4th and doing the funny crossover that broke his own ankles, fell down and turned the ball over.

The Thunder are a good regular season team. But they lack the actual fundamentals it takes to win deep playoff rounds.

Edited by LakersGAFan, June 01, 2014 - 04:16 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#12 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,071 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 01, 2014 - 05:06 AM

I doubt we'll here about Westbrooks great performance in comparison to Durants as well and how Westbrook was closing it and Durant went about 0-8 but its fine. 

The difference is CP3 it's openly acknowledged he CAN'T be the best player on your team if you want to win a championship and on the Clippers he infinitely is. 

Durant is supposed to be the 2nd best in the league and the franchise player.  The guy who you're supposed to win with when he's your number 1 option. 

Westbrook outplaying him was unexpected by me personally. 

But as is always the case till Durant grows a set and actually yells at Westbrook for ball hawking or DEMANDS the ball at times he wants to take over then that will continue to happen.  Durant waits, he doesn't tell.   Westbrook goes and doesn't wait.  That's why games like yesterday happen unfortunately.   Till Durant actually can scream GIVE ME THE BALL!! consistently, particularly when Westbrook is off and/or forcing it.  Then he'll never get it done cause Westbrook will take inititative where he won't and it's gonna hurt his legacy.  The guy just isn't a hunter.  Has all the skills to be one of the most devastating ones in the league..but he doesn't have the mind for it.  

Not like Kobe, not like Westbrook, and heck not like LeBron.  LeBron himself proved that when he forced Durant into a shell after Durant talked all the trash at all star break.  

We learned all we needed to know.. when we saw how Durant was when Westbrook came back.   Like the man of the house came back and went back to what he was.   That... SUCKED....for me to see.  After all the talking after all the aggression after SHOWING he could play the way he had been playing..Westbrook came back and Durant went back to being the server instead of the slim reaper...  

It's just....frustrating.   You either have the mentality or you don't.   Heck..even Blake Griffin showed that kind of mentality to his game for a few games.. but then when it mattered he was the same ole Blake Griffin we always knew.   

I hope Durant finally gets it in his head what he has to be if he wants to win.   It just doesn't seem to be sinking in at all, no matter how many times he gets beat, no matter how many times he says he's tired of coming in second place, no matter how much he trash talks, at zero hour he's the same Durant.   I don't think it's gonna happen... I really don't at this point.  

Edited by Majesty, June 01, 2014 - 05:14 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#13 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 924 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 01, 2014 - 05:38 AM

Durant deserves criticism. I don't think he'll leave there in 2016 though.

#14 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,173 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted June 01, 2014 - 06:35 AM

OKC only has 3 good players on it. You're not going to the Finals with erek Fisher & Shaqtin A Fool MVP Kendrick Perkins

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#15 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted June 01, 2014 - 06:37 AM

durant is soft like paul george, 2 wimps

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#16 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,234 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted June 01, 2014 - 06:59 AM

The Heat is coming down on Durant. Already read two articles about him not carrying them to the finals

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#17 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,276 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 01, 2014 - 08:23 AM

First get rid of Brooks, he's a good coach, but not a championship caliber coach

get rid of Perkins and Thabo. and get a legit big man like Noah or someone 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#18 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,251 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted June 01, 2014 - 10:13 AM

Westbrook is the MAN of that team. He's the heart of that team. "Too quick, too fast, too good"

But since Durant gets most of the publicity and credit when tjey do good, he has to take the blame, but the problem is some people wanna say "it's because Westbrook does stupid things" or "Westbrook isn't a real point guard". Yea we saw what happened last year when they didn't have Westbrook so that should shut those guys up..

Next, I think Scott Brooks does not utilize his players correctly, he relies too much on Westbrook and Durant, but tbh, look at what else he's got, he's got a player in ibaka who can score but really is restricted to spot up mid range jumpers, the occasional corner three and easy hoops in the paint. Kendrick Perkins cannot play offense. Reggie Jackson is probably there third best offensive "full package" type and then their bench is awful. Idk if it's Brooks' fault that Durant and Westbrook decide to shoot jumpers late in games instead of attacking the rim and getting to the line.

But here would be my offseason plan for OKC (not including the draft because I don't know which picks they own).
They should first start off with Scott Brooks, if they decide he's not the one, then go after a guy like George Karl or someone like that. Next, I think they should get rid of Perkins and collison. So then there roster would look like
PG-Westbrook-Jackson
SG-Thabo-Roberson
SF-Durant-Lamb
PF-Ibaka
C-Steven Adams

So you'd want to try to get a player like Spencer Hawes to give a little more offensive production from your two bigs. Then go grab a player like Jordan Crawford or Vince Carter (a guy who can create his own shot and make plays with the ball on offense).
And then if you do have any picks just go pick up another backup big.
So you end up with

PG- Westbrook/Jackson
SG- Thabo/Crawford/Roberson
SF- Durant/Lamb
PF- Ibaka/draft pick
C- Hawes/Adams

#19 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,391 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 01, 2014 - 10:22 AM

Durant isnt inhis ready tp win stag

Just like LeBron wasnt until 2012.

Westbrook has another level to reach. Ibaka too. 

People blaming Brooks, like they can do better

#20 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,940 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 01, 2014 - 10:26 AM

^^^ Westbrook and Durant are 1A and 1B, but Durant is 1A. Westbrook only needs to make smarter plays and he could easily be seen as the best pg in the league he just dismantled Paul and the clippers last series. That is because he played smart and that is when the thunder are very hard to beat. The thunder's biggest weapon is you dont know who will go off Durant or Westbrook, or hell even both. Biggest weakness is their role players, last nights game I think the stat was 102 of their 107 was scored by starters. That is just god awful production from your role guys coming off the bench.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 01, 2014 - 10:31 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users