• Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 31, 2014 - 03:59 AM

This ones anime...don't worry..

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Headed to US Theaters This August

dbzheader1.jpg

(FAN DUBBED TRAILER)

Even though it hit Japanese theaters over a year ago, the first "Dragon Ball Z" movie in 17 years is finally coming stateside thanks to FUNimation Entertainment and Screenvision. You can read the full press release on the announcement below and head over to DragonBallZ.com to pre-order your tickets!

Prepare for the Dragon Ball Z experience of a lifetime as Earth's greatest heroes hit the big screen in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods! Stunning animation and epic new villains highlight this first new Dragon Ball feature film in over seventeen years!

Following the events from the Dragon Ball Z television series, after the defeat of Majin Buu, a new power awakens and threatens humanity. Beerus, an ancient and powerful God of Destruction, searches for Goku after hearing rumors of the Saiyan warrior who defeated Frieza. Realizing the threat Beerus poses to their home planet, the Z-fighters must find a way to stop him before it's too late. Only Goku, humanity's last hope, can ascend to the level of a legendary Super Saiyan God and stop Beerus from destroying Earth, and possibly the entire universe! Fans of the series will be delighted to know that Battle of Gods is an original work from Dragon Ball creator, himself, Akira Toriyama.

"We're very excited to be bringing Battle of Gods to movie theaters across the country this summer," said Gen Fukunaga, CEO and President of FUNimation Entertainment. "Dragon Ball Z has always been a huge part of everything we do at FUNimation and, speaking as a fan myself, I can't wait to watch it on the big screen."

FUNimation Entertainment will be partnering with Screenvision, a leader in cinema advertising and alternative content, to bring Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods to over 350 screens across the US & Canada.

http://www.superhero...ers-this-august

WOOT!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!

Edited by Majesty, May 31, 2014 - 04:06 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,514 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted May 31, 2014 - 04:15 AM

Looks interesting. That Beerus guy looks like the Egyptian god Anubis.

"Super Saiyan God" WHOA!!!

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#3 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,079 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 31, 2014 - 04:32 AM

They might as well start Z over again.

http://dragonball.wi...uper_Saiyan_God

Pau Gasol is GONE

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,683 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 05:31 AM

They might as well start Z over again.

http://dragonball.wi...uper_Saiyan_God

Yep guess this is Akira's way of distancing himself from GT and the SSJ4.   Like Days of Future Past distanced themselves from Origins: Wolverine.  

Although the movies aren't really "canon" for the series.  They are more stand alones.  

But it is no secret how Toriyama felt about GT. 

Because if Goku's "God" Super Saiyan mode becomes canon. Then he is legitimately by the numbers stronger than canon Superman(without the 5000 different transformations that don't count like stay in the sun for 1000 years Superman) and the debate ends =P  

Edited by Majesty, May 31, 2014 - 05:43 AM.

#5 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

• 1,514 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 05:38 AM

^ Superman?? Which debate??

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,683 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 05:43 AM

Correction.. this movie IS canon as stated by Toriyama himself that it is between Chapters 517 and 518 of the manga. WOOT! 

This movie IS canon to Z as far as Toriyama is concerned GT never happened and is non canon. He created "God" for Z.   This means that Goku is about MANY MANY times stronger than he would be as SSJ4 in GT.  God is the pinnacle of Saiyan Power and is the strongest thing that ever existed and is equal with Bills whom is powerful enough to destroy a galaxy and Goku fights him on even terms.. Goku fights the aincient God of destruction on even terms.  Goku fought a GOD... on even terms.   Super Saiyan God also uses a different ki entirely to any other type and it's power is nearly limitless.   So... with this new introduction into the Z CANON.. officially.

It's safe to say, Goku is stronger than Superman  ;) the debate is now over! 

*waits*  :D  

^ Superman?? Which debate??

y..you mean..you don't know??? O_O 

#7 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

• 1,514 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 05:50 AM

y..you mean..you don't know??? O_O 

400x400_1378771750086-confused-cat-meme-

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

#8 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,683 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 05:52 AM

400x400_1378771750086-confused-cat-meme-

It has been a debate on forums for years who would win between Goku and Superman =P  Death Battle tried to answer this however they left out way too much information and showed they had no idea what they were talking about when they messed up the numbers and said Goku could only hurt Superman with his power pole X_X 

#9 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

• 1,514 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 05:55 AM

Got it. Thanks man!

By the way, I think Goku would beat the crap out of every DC/Marvel character.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,683 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 06:07 AM

The main thing about this movie is it's one of a coming 12.   This God of Destruction is just one of 12 God's in the separate universes and is the weakest.   

What this means is that if Goku fights him on even terms win/lose/draw then that means Goku is eventually going to have to be strong enough to fight all 12 including the strongest which is 10 times stronger than the guy he's fighting here in this movie and knocks him(the guy in this movie) out with a slap to the head. 

At the end of these movies it's pretty legitimate to say Goku is going to be UP THERE in terms of strength and probably meta.    Which I won't mind at all lol as I'm a fan ;) 

Needless to say by the time Goku gets to the 12th God he's going to severely trump Supes in power..and then the debate ends. 

Edited by Majesty, May 31, 2014 - 06:08 AM.

#11 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

• 1,514 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 06:10 AM

So there will be 7 more movies about the other gods? That's great!

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,683 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 06:12 AM

So there will be 7 more movies about the other gods? That's great!

Correction, there will be 12 

#13 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

Rookie

• 549 posts
  • Name:they call me smoov
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:TBD

Posted May 31, 2014 - 06:58 AM

I would rather them continue on past the GT series. Why must they continue to go back to the Z saga? It's been over and done with. It gets to the point now where you ask yourself where do these movies take place in the Z saga timeline? Just doesn't fit.

Join the movement and follow me on Twitter! @HoBbes___

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,683 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 09:48 AM

I would rather them continue on past the GT series. Why must they continue to go back to the Z saga? It's been over and done with. It gets to the point now where you ask yourself where do these movies take place in the Z saga timeline? Just doesn't fit.

Because Toriyama wasn't behind GT, he hated it, has even apologized for it and said it isn't canon.   

THIS movie in particular takes place in the Z saga timeline of the manga between Chapters 517-518.  That's where it officially fits. 

Edited by Majesty, May 31, 2014 - 09:49 AM.

#15 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 31, 2014 - 09:56 AM

Go back to GT? You mean the one where they shoot someone with a laser to make them go SSJ4? I will past.

I love DBZ and to be honest probably gonna go catch this in the movies if it is in a theater by me.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#16 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

Rookie

• 549 posts
  • Name:they call me smoov
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:TBD

Posted May 31, 2014 - 10:53 AM

Go back to GT? You mean the one where they shoot someone with a laser to make them go SSJ4? I will past.

I love DBZ and to be honest probably gonna go catch this in the movies if it is in a theater by me.

Not necessarily continue on with the GT saga but make an entirely new series that focused around GokuJr and Vegeta Jr.

Edited by smoov123y, May 31, 2014 - 10:54 AM.

Join the movement and follow me on Twitter! @HoBbes___

#17 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,448 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 31, 2014 - 12:14 PM

If you've seen the Japanese version of the movie and heard an interview given by Toriyama, you would see that Bills was still stronger. He said that Bills is still stronger than SSJ God Goku and Whis was far stronger than Bills. He said if you had to scale them, SSJ God Goku is a 6, Bills is a 10 and Whis is a 15

#18 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,683 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 06:44 PM

If you've seen the Japanese version of the movie and heard an interview given by Toriyama, you would see that Bills was still stronger. He said that Bills is still stronger than SSJ God Goku and Whis was far stronger than Bills. He said if you had to scale them, SSJ God Goku is a 6, Bills is a 10 and Whis is a 15

Yep so by the time Goku beats Whis....wow..

#19 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 31, 2014 - 09:21 PM

Already on blu ray

#20 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 447 posts
  • Name:Cody
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted June 01, 2014 - 12:07 AM

yea, saw the subs last year, was awesome to see the box office and toriyama's surprise that it grossed so much

totally stoked it'll be in theaters

if this does well-possibly new show=GT even more retconned lol

fun movie, looking forward to see funimation's dub

also yea, the death battle...aside from many other factors like not getting goku's base power right which screws up ALL of the other math to it lol...NOTHING is faster than zero (goku's teleport)

though i coulda sworn bills was the 2nd strongest or something....

Edited by citr92, June 01, 2014 - 12:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users