• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 29, 2014 - 06:06 PM

And Shaq scored 14.   They were the two leading scorers.   The fact Kobe played 49 minutes and Shaq played 38 minutes and Detroit and Ben Wallace were able to accomplish that shows how scary of a defensive team they are(and they won that game by 20).  Two different scenarios and level of team.  

your point is a fine one though if for different reasons entirely. :)

Also to note, Shaq was in foul trouble that game. My post wasn't directed at you, just in general about bad games. 

My point again is that regardless of the reason, bad games happen.  Whether it is an off night because of an opponent's defense or just being cold that night, a bad game is a bad game. 

I just find it ironic from our fans who hate on LeBron's failures were most likely the same ones who hated when other fans talked about Kobe's bad games. 

#62 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 06:07 PM

Paul George scores 21 points in the 4th quarter the most in the past 17 seasons in an elimination game ... 

Let's spend 47 of the next 48 hours chatting about LeBron's foul trouble and Lance blowing in James' ear. 

ESPN Logic. 

That ear blow tho...

#63 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 29, 2014 - 06:12 PM

Lol this is comical, lebrons not even my 2nd favorite player in the NBA

Either

a) half of you are insecure about Kobe's place all time and lebron is threatening to you

b) you guys have decided that you hate him and nothing he does will ever change that

Either way there is 0 objectivity

This is me. You can throw all the stats you want out there, but I just flat out don't like the guy. He acts way to immature for my taste, not loyal, get pampered by the league, and has been shoved down my throat since high school FFS.

It makes it even worse that people keep saying he is a complete player. His jumpshot is average, One on one defense is average, not a for sure thing from the line, not the most clutch player, And quite frankly just doesn't have that competitive spark ( IT ) if you get what I mean.

He has no pride really either. The guy FLOPS!!! Need I say more. What all time great player flops like that?

Rant over. You can say I no nothing about B Ball if you want. I flat out just don't like the guy, and I gave legit reasons why.

Edited by Paris, May 29, 2014 - 06:37 PM.

#64 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 29, 2014 - 06:26 PM

Kind of embarrassing to be a fan when one of your own aims to disregard a player because he is a threat to your favorite player's legacy. For the same reasons, will pump another player (in this case you could say Durant) because it will cause an early "dethroning" to said player, in this case, James. Indeed, 7 points is inexcusable for a superstar caliber player, but as stated, it happens.

#65 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 06:33 PM

Kind of embarrassing to be a fan when one of your own aims to disregard a player because he is a threat to your favorite player's legacy. For the same reasons, will pump another player (in this case you could say Durant) because it will cause an early "dethroning" to said player, in this case, James. Indeed, 7 points is inexcusable for a superstar caliber player, but as stated, it happens.

Who does this?

And maybe they love Durant's play style to Lebron's ( I needz myz statz) style of play.

Something to consider.

Edited by Paris, May 29, 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#66 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,486 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 06:36 PM

This is me. You can throw all the stats you want out there, but I just flat out don't like the guy. He acts way to immature for my taste, not loyal, get pampered by the league, and has been shoved down my throat since high school FFS.

It makes it even worse that people keep saying he is a complete player. His jumpshot is average, One on one defense is average, not a for sure thing from the line, not the most clutch player, And quite frankly just doesn't have that competitive spark ( IT ) if you get what I mean.

He has no pride really either. The guy FLOPS!!! Need I say more. What all time great player flops like that?

Rant over. You can say I no nothing about B Ball if you want. I flat out just don't like the guy. and I gave legit reasons why.

I actually commend your honesty
Posted Image

#67 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,486 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 06:38 PM

Kobe has nothing to do with the topic.

It's called a comparison which is being used to show hypocrisy
Posted Image

#68 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 06:41 PM

I actually commend your honesty

And I actually like you as a poster, and you make great points. I just have never been a fan of Lebron since he walked in the league. Nothin to do with Kobe, or I would hate Shaq, Jordan etc.

#69 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted May 29, 2014 - 06:55 PM

Who does this?

And maybe they love Durant's play style to Lebron's ( I needz myz statz) style of play.

Something to consider.

You'd be surprised, I know a few personally, and a lot probably wouldn't admit it. It's a general statement that applies to all sports really. Though, with certain players it becomes more obvious.

#70 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,823 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted May 29, 2014 - 09:53 PM

It's called a comparison which is being used to show hypocrisy

there is no hypocrisy. People bring out kobe has been "helped"/"carried" his entire career, Shaq, Horry, Fisher, PAU to discredit him and yet, esp in media's eyes, Lebron carries his teams to triumph each and every time. Esp when Lebron had a horrible finals vs dallas

Edited by RobBlake, May 29, 2014 - 09:53 PM.

ap1.png

#71 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted May 30, 2014 - 11:16 AM

So much going on

We don't even mention lance getting a 10k dollar one for flopping

He was doing his best Lebron impression.
Lace is the best

#72 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,038 posts

Posted June 01, 2014 - 02:28 PM

I dont hate LeBron , i hate what the media made him out to be ..

As good as LeBron is , he's bit overrated. His FG% , clutch ability and defense are overrated...

He is in the top 10 in everyone's list if he wins this year, and would surpass Kobe with a 4th ring.

Edited by fozi, June 01, 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#73 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,458 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 01, 2014 - 02:46 PM

In my opinion , despite LeBron's unique abilities...I prefer Kobe and Mj without question

From what I saw from Magic and Larry( I missed like half of their career), I'd prefer those two over LeBron

It looks like he might be better than Shaq, simply bc of work ethic. But I compare LeBron to semi- bigs because thats the only way I can make sense of his strengths and flaws

Now I like Kareem, Hakeem, and Duncan but those are REAL bigs

A semi big ranges from Larry Legend and Durant and Melo and Dirk to Larry Johnson and Chuck and Karl and Larry and Magic

I think a win this year and LeBron can sit  in the section with Kobe, Larry, Magic, MJ etc However

dont get it twisted

Duncan and Kobe and Magic and Mj have 5+ rings and simply sit at a different table than LeBron in this room of greats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users