• 1,648 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted May 28, 2014 - 04:23 AM

Anybody watching?

Serena is down 6-2 4-1 vs. Muguruza! :yikes:

Wawrinka already out.

I hope Rafa wins his 9th (and 5th straight) Roland this year.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#2 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,648 posts

Posted May 28, 2014 - 04:32 AM

Both Williams out!

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#3 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,127 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 07:22 PM

I haven't been watching, the timing is difficult but I'll probably start trying to get some matches in soon.

#4 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

• 1,648 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 01:49 AM

^ I know the timing is tough but give it a try because there are some good matches. Monfils is playing well. Isner almost found oil with his first serves. And of course Rafa, Federer and Djokovic.

On the other hand, in the ladies' draw the first three seeds (Serena, Li Na and Aga) are out.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

#5 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

• 1,648 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 04:42 AM

Rafa is destroying Lajovic. 6-1 6-2 thus far.

Destroyed 6-1 6-2 6-1. RIP Lajovic

Stephens is playing right now on Philippe Chatrier against Halep.

Edited by Kobe-Wan Kenobi, June 02, 2014 - 05:40 AM.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

#6 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

• 1,648 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 08:42 AM

Monfils and Murray playing right now on Philippe Chatrier. Scot's up 3-0 in the first set.

Nadal and Ferrer are warming up.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

#7 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

• 1,648 posts

Posted June 07, 2014 - 09:01 AM

Sharapova wins 6-4 6-7 (5-7) 6-4.

Unfortunately, I missed the last two and most important games of the third set because some stupid dickheads have suddenly and abruptly interrupted the broadcasting to show soccer. Not the World Cup, but a local game nobody cares about.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

#8 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,252 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 07, 2014 - 11:58 AM

Rafa isn't losing on clay, plain and simple

#9 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

• 1,648 posts

Posted June 07, 2014 - 01:14 PM

I say Rafa in 4 sets tomorrow.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

#10 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,127 posts

Posted June 07, 2014 - 06:32 PM

Raf is going to win but I haven't watched 1 match so I'm going to try to catch the one tomorrow. Hopefully I'm not too hungover lol.

#11 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,127 posts

Posted June 07, 2014 - 08:53 PM

You guys see this?

So awkward! Hahaha.

#12 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

• 1,648 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 08:54 AM

0001Nadal.jpg

:omg: :omg: :omg:  RAFA 9-TIME ROLAND GARROS CHAMPION :omg: :omg: :omg:

...and 5 straight titles!

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

#13 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,252 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 08, 2014 - 09:01 AM

Great match. Is Federer still regarded as the GOAT or has Nadal surpassed him? Haven't kept up with the sport in a while.

#14 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

• 1,648 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 09:45 AM

^ Well, IMO Nadal is getting closer and closer to Federer but has not surpassed him yet. Federer has won more Australian Opens, Wimbledons and US Opens but Nadal is the undisputed king of clay and of the French Open, of course.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

#15 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,127 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 10:24 AM

Just finished the match. Obviously thought Nadal would win before the match but after DJokovic took that first set I was questioning if Nadal would win. 

#16 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,332 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted June 08, 2014 - 07:36 PM

Nadal doesn't just play on clay, he is the clay. This level of domination will never be seen again. He's 1a 1b with Federer at the least, that dominant H2H record he has against him can't be dismissed. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Roland Garros, Tennis, Open, Nadal, Federer, Williams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users