Photo

Apple Buys Beats by Dre for $3.2 Billion; Dr. Dre Is The First Billionaire Rapper

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,470 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted May 09, 2014 - 09:53 PM

It's decent. Just that other headphones are better with better price.

Just like the Iphone and the Ipod.

• 40,395 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 09:55 PM

BnKXt3_IQAAs7vf.jpg

yo.

#23 L4K

L4K

Rookie

• 685 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 09, 2014 - 10:19 PM

It's decent. Just that other headphones are better with better price.

True. I just find it crazy that people pay so much for them when with the smallest bit of research you can find better earphones/headphones for cheaper. 

#24 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted May 09, 2014 - 10:35 PM

True. I just find it crazy that people pay so much for them when with the smallest bit of research you can find better earphones/headphones for cheaper.

The design is the best though. People buy for the name

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#25 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 10:38 PM

iPhones are always the fastest phones proven through benchmarks... Let's not go into Galaxy vs iPhone pls. The 6 is going to destroy the S5 this year. Sapphire screens is more than enough to do so.

#26 L4K

L4K

Rookie

• 685 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 10:44 PM

The design is the best though. People buy for the name

Yep, people love that brand name. 

#27 L4K

L4K

Rookie

• 685 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 10:45 PM

iPhones are always the fastest phones proven through benchmarks... Let's not go into Galaxy vs iPhone pls. The 6 is going to destroy the S5 this year. Sapphire screens is more than enough to do so.

Had an iPhone, just wasn't a fan of the operating system, my personal preference is android but I get why people love the iPhone, it's simple to use and looks good.

#28 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,722 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 09, 2014 - 10:59 PM

I switched from the iPhone 5 to the galaxy s4

I hated my iPhone 5, it would randomly freeze up on me during texting, and would randomly restart itself. Was not alone in this experience.

0 problems with my galaxy in comparison

2div

#29 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,598 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 12:31 AM

I wonder how much of the 3.2 Bill is stock. Personally wouldn't want too much in Apple. I like Apple products but lately they haven't been to promising.

#30 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,470 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted May 10, 2014 - 01:01 AM

I'm speaking more about the Ipod then the Iphone. I have an Iphone and can't stand it right now, though. Constant freezing and a lot of the apps that use wi-fi won't load half the time. 

A 32 GB Ipod is 300 dollars. I paid 150 dollars for a 120GB Zune 5 years ago and I've never had a problem with it to this day, whereas my Ipod classic experience was full of frustration. Apple doesn't make bad products by any means, but I can usually get something that does what it does better for cheaper just because it's not apple brand.

#31 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted May 10, 2014 - 02:59 AM

Dre wasn't releasing Detox, because he was too occupied with the headphones. Right now he's not and he can finish the album, but why would he do it ? He doesn't need the money and he's almost 50. He doesn't need this .. He'll just spend his money like a king till the day he dies. I'm not sure if he'll ever produce again. I hope I'm wrong, but I quitted waiting on Detox a long time ago. I remember when I couldn't wait for September 2007 - the supposed release date of Detox  :laughing:

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#32 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted May 10, 2014 - 06:51 AM

They bought it more for the brand power and marketing. Beats headphones will stay the same and maybe some cheap earbuds will now bundle with iPhones/iPods. I'm sure a software equalizer will be implemented one day into iOS like HTC did when it was licensing Beats. 

Everyone talking about Dre and his money now but what I was saying is damn Apple got 3.2 Billion to blow haha

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#33 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 08:51 AM

I'm speaking more about the Ipod then the Iphone. I have an Iphone and can't stand it right now, though. Constant freezing and a lot of the apps that use wi-fi won't load half the time. 

A 32 GB Ipod is 300 dollars. I paid 150 dollars for a 120GB Zune 5 years ago and I've never had a problem with it to this day, whereas my Ipod classic experience was full of frustration. Apple doesn't make bad products by any means, but I can usually get something that does what it does better for cheaper just because it's not apple brand.

Eh never bought a ipod

#34 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 08:52 AM

Dre wasn't releasing Detox, because he was too occupied with the headphones. Right now he's not and he can finish the album, but why would he do it ? He doesn't need the money and he's almost 50. He doesn't need this .. He'll just spend his money like a king till the day he dies. I'm not sure if he'll ever produce again. I hope I'm wrong, but I quitted waiting on Detox a long time ago. I remember when I couldn't wait for September 2007 - the supposed release date of Detox  :laughing:

He's producing for Kendrick Lamar. You don't stop once you get 1 billion you go for 2. And then 3 and then 10...

#35 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,618 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted May 10, 2014 - 10:24 AM

He's producing for Kendrick Lamar. You don't stop once you get 1 billion you go for 2. And then 3 and then 10...

NSFW

#36 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,864 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted May 10, 2014 - 11:45 AM

People buy for the name

Precisely.

iPhones are always the fastest phones proven through benchmarks...

I will challenge you on this claim. Benchmarks are only one way to measure performance. At that, there are multiple types of benchmarks with multiple sorts of parameters. For example, you would be correct in stating that the iPhone 5S has better Geekbench benchmarks than most Androids. However, other benchmark tests, like Basemark, shows the LG Nexus to out perform iPhones. I won't talk about the Galaxy per your request, but it should be noted that there are other factors that play into determining the quality of a phone.

For example, you can have a V8 engine in your car. But if the interior of the vehicle is so run down that you can have no passengers in your car, can it be said that the V8 with no interior is better than a V6 with an interior? Benchmarks alone could not solely describe this situation. Now let's apply this to the phone discussion.

1) Some Androids have larger screen sizes than the best iPhone

2) Android is more free (as in freedom) than the iPhone. People must jailbreak their iPhone to gain more freedom, and even at that, they are more limited. Android, by and large, is open source. Furthermore, you can install other operating systems onto "Android" phones, like Linux. You can also install open source firmware enhancements.

3) Android's support of third-party keyboards with customizable layouts

4) Androids can share data between apps through the Intent public class. This is very cool for developers.

5) Android Beam NFC support. iPhone is still yet to implement near field communication technologies.

6) Androids have more flexibility with the apps that are able to run (firefox, chrome, orbot/tor).

7) nVidia Shield for Android. 'Nuff said.

Moreover, iPhones have DROPOUT JEEP backdoored into them. That might not bother some people, but that bothers me.

In conclusion, while some would be correct in stating that the latest iPhone out-benchmarks most Androids, benchmarks alone do not make a phone. I might be able to do my work faster on a phone that has slower benchmarks compared to the iPhone, but also has a larger screen-size and more freedom.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#37 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,577 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted May 10, 2014 - 12:55 PM

I've never owned an Apple product...pod, phone, pad, anything...guess I went be getting any beats either

Posted Image

#38 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,691 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted May 10, 2014 - 01:35 PM

Ham, on 09 May 2014 - 20:48, said:

Cmon buddy. The iPhone is a nice phone, but not in ANYWAY is it the fastest phone.

Edit: Didn't see Wade's post. Thank you for saving me time.

Edited by Jackson, May 10, 2014 - 01:47 PM.

#39 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted May 10, 2014 - 05:06 PM

Yep, a production here and there will keep him relevant. That's what he's been doing for years now - produce like 3-5 max songs a year.

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#40 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted May 10, 2014 - 06:08 PM

People buy for the name

Precisely.

iPhones are always the fastest phones proven through benchmarks...

I will challenge you on this claim. Benchmarks are only one way to measure performance. At that, there are multiple types of benchmarks with multiple sorts of parameters. For example, you would be correct in stating that the iPhone 5S has better Geekbench benchmarks than most Androids. However, other benchmark tests, like Basemark, shows the LG Nexus to out perform iPhones. I won't talk about the Galaxy per your request, but it should be noted that there are other factors that play into determining the quality of a phone.

For example, you can have a V8 engine in your car. But if the interior of the vehicle is so run down that you can have no passengers in your car, can it be said that the V8 with no interior is better than a V6 with an interior? Benchmarks alone could not solely describe this situation. Now let's apply this to the phone discussion.

1) Some Androids have larger screen sizes than the best iPhone

2) Android is more free (as in freedom) than the iPhone. People must jailbreak their iPhone to gain more freedom, and even at that, they are more limited. Android, by and large, is open source. Furthermore, you can install other operating systems onto "Android" phones, like Linux. You can also install open source firmware enhancements.

3) Android's support of third-party keyboards with customizable layouts

4) Androids can share data between apps through the Intent public class. This is very cool for developers.

5) Android Beam NFC support. iPhone is still yet to implement near field communication technologies.

6) Androids have more flexibility with the apps that are able to run (firefox, chrome, orbot/tor).

7) nVidia Shield for Android. 'Nuff said.

Moreover, iPhones have DROPOUT JEEP backdoored into them. That might not bother some people, but that bothers me.

In conclusion, while some would be correct in stating that the latest iPhone out-benchmarks most Androids, benchmarks alone do not make a phone. I might be able to do my work faster on a phone that has slower benchmarks compared to the iPhone, but also has a larger screen-size and more freedom.

Great post

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users