Photo

NBA Finals: Clippers Vs. Heat (Who To Root For?)

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 marco

marco

Rookie

• 12 posts
  • Name:Marco
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 06, 2014 - 10:05 PM

I know this is far fetch and not by any mean am i a fan of either team. I actually hate them both but on the way to school today, this nightmare scenario came to mind and thought i should ask who would you guys rather root for?  :nervous:

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,051 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 06, 2014 - 10:23 PM

Then the Heat will three-peat. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#3 Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Posted May 06, 2014 - 10:56 PM

Make Donald Sterling proud, Clippers. 

#4 marco

marco

Rookie

• 12 posts
  • Name:Marco
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 06, 2014 - 11:06 PM

I really can't decide which one is worse though lol i mean i do like Chris Paul..but then band wagon clipper fans that i have to live with in LA..

#5 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,997 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 06, 2014 - 11:34 PM

An impossible choice - i hate them both.

#6 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted May 07, 2014 - 12:11 AM

Three-peat for Lebron, he is already going to be considered an all time great it is irrelevant to hate him at this point.

#7 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 07, 2014 - 05:25 AM

Id have to go with the Heat. If Bron wins another not much changes. The media still loves his finger nail biting ass and continues their push for him to be the games elite. Which he is and would be...so no biggie. If the Clips win...the entire balance of power in LA will change with Sterling out and Oprah in with a Chip. Gawd its like a bad fictional sports novel coming to life.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#8 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 07, 2014 - 05:35 AM

You guys know where I stand on this. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#9 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,917 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 07, 2014 - 06:38 AM

Would root for neither. Would be an awesome series to watch tho.

2div

#10 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,230 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted May 07, 2014 - 06:44 AM

I don't care who wins. LeBron and the Heat will, though.

#11 Julien

Julien

Rookie

• 1,271 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime

Posted May 07, 2014 - 06:46 AM

An impossible choice - i hate them both.

So let's go Spurs!

#12 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,628 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted May 07, 2014 - 07:45 AM

I don't understand the clipper hate at all lol. They've always sucked, it's not like they've ever been a threat to the Lakers. They've never even made it to the WCF, hating them just feels so random and misguided. They're finally good and the reaction from lakers fans is to hate them. I don't know, just feels like a Dodgers fan hating the Padres or something. There are bigger fish to fry than the clippers.

The Celtics and Spurs are teams worth "hating" as a Lakers fan

#13 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted May 07, 2014 - 07:52 AM

I dont get the need to "hate" another team just because of the jersey, well except the Celtics because of the history.  And the Kings because  Shaq had so much fun with them and they hate us.  And the Mav because they swept us a few years back.  And of course, the Clippers because well they play in the same building and ... sniffle ... are better than us right now.  And the Pacers because Reggie Miller is a douche.  And the Blazers because their fans are so obnoxious.  And OKC because they have Durant and he should be playing for us.  And the Suns because they have all our draft picks.

Debbie Downer

#14 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts

Posted May 07, 2014 - 08:19 AM

I dont get the need to "hate" another team just because of the jersey, well except the Celtics because of the history.  And the Kings because  Shaq had so much fun with them and they hate us.  And the Mav because they swept us a few years back.  And of course, the Clippers because well they play in the same building and ... sniffle ... are better than us right now.  And the Pacers because Reggie Miller is a douche.  And the Blazers because their fans are so obnoxious.  And OKC because they have Durant and he should be playing for us.  And the Suns because they have all our draft picks.

The Clippers playing in the same building is not the reason why most people hate the Clippers. I got so many reasons why I hate the clippers even if Sterling not the owner though he made it quite easy to hate them, but being in the same building to me is just annoying but not enough to hate the team.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#15 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts

Posted May 07, 2014 - 08:21 AM

I don't understand the clipper hate at all lol. They've always sucked, it's not like they've ever been a threat to the Lakers. They've never even made it to the WCF, hating them just feels so random and misguided. They're finally good and the reaction from lakers fans is to hate them. I don't know, just feels like a Dodgers fan hating the Padres or something. There are bigger fish to fry than the clippers.

The Celtics and Spurs are teams worth "hating" as a Lakers fan

well i am not in the same catagory with the bandwagon hating on the Clippers thing cus they are good now. I never hate a team cus of jealousy because they are better than my team.  I hate the Celtics because of the rivarly and history but I respect them. I do not respect the Clippers at all. I've been hating them for 20 years. I can write a book of why i hate the clippers but im sure most of you guys dont want to read a huge essay about it.  If you want to "get" why people hate the clippers, you can pm me. I will educate you on the history of the clippers and how Clipper fans were created, how the franchise were run and how this franchise should be destroyed or change their name. That team should'nt even exist in the first place.

Edited by epicwolf, May 07, 2014 - 08:27 AM.

#16 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,099 posts

Posted May 07, 2014 - 08:56 AM

Id have to go with the Heat. If Bron wins another not much changes. The media still loves his finger nail biting ass and continues their push for him to be the games elite. Which he is and would be...so no biggie. If the Clips win...the entire balance of power in LA will change with Sterling out and Oprah in with a Chip. Gawd its like a bad fictional sports novel coming to life.

That's how I feel. LeBron is the best player in the world and one of the best/most dominant to ever play. It's not exactly shocking if he ends his career with at least 3 rings. Nor do I really care if he gets more. He's amazing and I have nothing against him.

If the Clippers win it all, we'll still have 16 championships to their 1 but the question of "What have you done for me lately" comes to mind.

#17 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted May 07, 2014 - 09:03 AM

I'd root for the world to end.

Posted Image

#18 EJ06

EJ06

Rookie

• 775 posts
  • Fan Since:1995-96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 07, 2014 - 10:05 AM

It would suck for the Clippers to win, but it wouldn't be as bad as ESPN slurping LeBron for another year. Let the Clippers have their moment in the sun.

#19 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,908 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 07, 2014 - 10:30 AM

its going to be Spurs vs Heat

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#20 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,465 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted May 07, 2014 - 11:20 AM

I don't see how people can hate on LeBron, best player in the game by far, plays the game the right way, ultimate team mate.  Its insane.  He is a once in a generation type player and will retire as one of the all time greats and people get mad because ESPN covers him a lot.  They should cover him a lot, he is the best player in the league.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users