Posted April 26, 2014 - 05:56 PM

lYJ7UAC.jpg

d7OVSQY.jpg

AhlIF78.jpg

kONhvI4.jpg

913RM2l.jpg

yNvjJhz.jpg

Q7ltq01.jpg

Anyone play this game? A PS4 remake or sequel would be amazing. If you have a PS3, I would definitely recommend getting this game in the PS store.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#2 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 26, 2014 - 06:00 PM

I played it MANY MANY years ago but I don't remember much about it. I'm a RPG fanatic so it's likely I'll add it to my hard drive. 

Gotta get Xenogears, Dragon Warrior VII, and Vagrant Story first.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,083 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted April 26, 2014 - 06:08 PM

Yeah? I've enjoyed Dragoon because of its addition system and unique narrative. I never did beat it, got to the 4th disc and forgot about it for a while. I'm playing through it again now and am hoping to have more success.

Xenogears looks great, haven't heard of Dragon Warrior or Vagrant Story. I will definitely look into them. What RPGs would be at the top of your list?

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#4 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,331 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 26, 2014 - 06:23 PM

I remember I used to get annoyed with the techniques hitting X or O that I just use the auto tech ring to make it successful lol. 

#5 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,083 posts

Posted April 26, 2014 - 06:26 PM

I remember I used to get annoyed with the techniques hitting X or O that I just use the auto tech ring to make it successful lol. 

I only ever had trouble with Lavitz's Gust of Wind addition. I can get most of the other ones though. I'm trying to collect all of the stardust so that I can exchange it for the best armor in the game (and a secret boss on disc 3). It requires 50 stardust, though.

wKNsigp.png

#6 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 26, 2014 - 06:38 PM

Great game, loved the Addition System. I remember playing it as a child, forgot about it for a few years, then I randomly received one as a gift from an aunt like 7 years ago. I couldn't play it on my PS2 however b/c of some weird issue with PS1 multi-disc games and the laser reader in the system. I found a PS1 at a thrift shop randomly a few months later and finally got around to finishing the game. So worth it.

Great game, a sequel should have been made a long time ago. Sadly, I don't think it's going to happen :(

#7 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted April 26, 2014 - 06:46 PM

Xenogears looks great, haven't heard of Dragon Warrior or Vagrant Story. I will definitely look into them. What RPGs would be at the top of your list?

You must be a RPG n00b.

Chrono Cross

Chrono Trigger

Grandia

Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy IX

FInal Fantasy X

Dragon Warrior (NES)

Dragon Quest VIII

Pau Gasol is GONE

#8 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,917 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted April 29, 2014 - 08:56 AM

One of the last RPGs I played before I phased out of playing RPGs (tho I might start again after seeing sneak peek gameplay trailers for the new Final Fantasy, combat looks INSANE, not your ordinary turn by turn RPG)

Absolutely loved this game

2div

#9 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 09:30 AM

Getting into a good RPG will have you thinking about it all day while you're at work/school. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#10 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,083 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 09:32 AM

Just beat disc 1. :bounce:

wKNsigp.png

#11 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted April 29, 2014 - 09:32 AM

This was one of the few RPGs i actually played (along with vargrent story)

This games combat system was great.
Vargrent story was cool because you could target limbs (1st game to do so)

#12 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,801 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted April 29, 2014 - 03:38 PM

Awww man, Xenogears is probably my favorite video game of ALL [expletive]IN TIME.  So many memories.  FF7 got me into RPGs and Xenogears had me hooked for years.  Now that im almost 28 I barely play them.  Im not sure if its just time or that there aren't very many worth putting 40-50 hrs into anymore...

I played it MANY MANY years ago but I don't remember much about it. I'm a RPG fanatic so it's likely I'll add it to my hard drive. 

Gotta get Xenogears, Dragon Warrior VII, and Vagrant Story first.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#13 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,801 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 03:41 PM

Xenogears

Any FF pre X-2

Star Ocean

Suikoden series

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross

Brave Fencer Musashi

Hell! Anything before that god awful Square Enix merger.  It still makes 0 sense how 2 of the best RPG producing companies could merge and make worse games after. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#14 androsays

androsays

• 4,917 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 05:06 PM

and if you haven't seen it... here's the FFXV gameplay trailer I was talking about.

this was released in E3 last year, so they've probably made it more badass since then (i'm hoping)

and a quick google search on the game shows that square enix released a ps4/xbox one description of the game yesterday, and confirmed that the fighting will be action based (rather then turn by turn) similar to the video above. awesome!

2div

#15 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,801 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 06:35 PM

Not sure if you remember but this game was originally supposed to be FF vs XIII and was announced back at E3 2006.  Game went through 1 trillion delays

and if you haven't seen it... here's the FFXV gameplay trailer I was talking about.

this was released in E3 last year, so they've probably made it more badass since then (i'm hoping)

and a quick google search on the game shows that square enix released a ps4/xbox one description of the game yesterday, and confirmed that the fighting will be action based (rather then turn by turn) similar to the video above. awesome!

#16 androsays

androsays

• 4,917 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 06:55 PM

Naa I don't haha

I actually didn't know about this until like 2 months ago, a friend of mine told me to watch the video. The last traditional JRPG I played and was really into was FFX. Then NBA 2K and COD took over my life haha

2div

#17 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,801 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 07:23 PM

Yep that game was originally supposed to come out in like 2007 or 2008 lol.  Here's one of the older trailers

#18 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 07:30 PM

Awww man, Xenogears is probably my favorite video game of ALL [expletive]IN TIME.  So many memories.  FF7 got me into RPGs and Xenogears had me hooked for years.  Now that im almost 28 I barely play them.  Im not sure if its just time or that there aren't very many worth putting 40-50 hrs into anymore...

Xenogears will probably be the next game I download to my hard drive then. Maybe Final Fantasy Tactics and Suikoden as well

Pau Gasol is GONE

#19 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,801 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 07:33 PM

Tactics was a bit boring and slow for my taste but others love it.  Suikoden is solid all around. 

#20 androsays

androsays

• 4,917 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 07:57 PM

Xenogears and Chrono Trigger were 1a and 1b for me

The mechs u could use in Xenogears tho.. Best [expletive] ever

2div

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Legend, Dragoon, RPG, Role Playing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users