Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 22, 2014 - 05:45 PM

College football has always been good. 

The country has just been suffering from "SEC-Fatigue". FSU finally broke the streak but they're further south than Tuscaloosa.  :laughing:

Golf is boring with or without Tiger Woods.

Edited by Windu, April 22, 2014 - 05:45 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#4 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 06:07 PM

Bruh had to be trolling with that golf crap hahaha. College football teams now score more than the average NCAA women's basketball teams. I have no clue where you got that boring from.

#5 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,494 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 22, 2014 - 07:36 PM

Since USC got [expletive]ed, I cant [expletive] with it.

Johnny Football was the ONLY interesting thing about CF

Alabama is so boring

#6 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 07:46 PM

You did not find Auburn's triple option and dramatic finishes captivating?

You don't find Oregon's unique uniforms and fast paced offense intriguing?

You can't find excitement in watching Clemson's aerial assault with their top notch receivers on the outside running circles around DBs exciting?

You don't hear the buzz of UCLA (who is in your backyard) and their freshman phenom that plays both sides of the ball?

Or howabout the BCS busters like NIU last year and their star QB who exceeded 1,000 yards in rushing and 3,000 in passing?

Above all else, what really sets College Football apart from all sports, is the excitement of recruiting. The constant influx of talent that is fair game to every team in the nation during every season. One can't predict who's going to send the nation in a frenzy every year. There will always be a new theme every season. It sounds like you just gave up watching it, because your favorite team got shafted, but i assure you. College Football has not gotten boring.

#7 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 08:04 PM

Since USC got [expletive]ed, I cant [expletive] with it.

Johnny Football was the ONLY interesting thing about CF

Alabama is so boring

USC brought that on themselves.

If you think Johnny Manziel is the only interesting thing about college football, then you clearly haven't been paying attention lol. Especially considering the fact that JF hasn't even sniffed the NCG.

Winning championships is never boring. Why do you think we're Lakers fans?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#8 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,246 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 08:30 PM

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#9 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 08:33 PM

Don't nobody wanna see that

Pau Gasol is GONE

#10 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,494 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 06:33 AM

Spurs won

Lakers win and excite

Alabama vs 80s Miami

Alabama is likely better, but not nearly as captivating. 

Yes Auburn had some nail biters... so what

I just don't like this BCS system, and the NCAA in general

#11 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,494 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 06:34 AM

Aj Mc Carron ---the boy scout.

Clowney-Lazy ass

The media plays it part...The narratives aren't as good

Oregon was exciting, 3 years ago.

Losing Pete Carrol, Harbaugh and Chip Kelly in the last few seasons doesn't help the CB scene either

#12 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 07:36 AM

You're trying way too hard to "personify" this sport.

What's up with the Spurs comment? Cause they're boring? Don't know why everyone is always on their jocks especially since they haven't won anything in seven years.

Alabama DOES win and excite. They have the best coaches and the best players. The best players around the country come to play at 'Bama. 

Narratives? It's competitive sport...not the WWE. The only entities who "lost" those coaches were their programs. College football is still going strong. You just have that west coast-bias.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#13 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 08:57 AM

This story and the comments lol

Florida State quarterback and reigning Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston was issued a citation Tuesday for shoplifting crab legs from a Publix supermarket, SB Nation reported, citing multiple sources.

http://espn.go.com/c...ted-shoplifting

#FreeSeafoodUniversity

Publix defense>Auburn defense

"He would have been suspended indefinitely if someone offered to buy them for him."

-NCAA

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,604 posts

Posted May 01, 2014 - 03:39 AM

BmekrGACAAEmYv7.png

yo.

#15 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted May 03, 2014 - 07:29 AM

Windu, how do you feel about the SEC playing 8 conference games?

#16 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts

Posted May 03, 2014 - 07:58 PM

I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's only one game.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#17 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted May 04, 2014 - 11:15 AM

As you might guess, we got a lot of response to our discussion about the SEC opting to play only eight conference games instead of nine, as the Pac-12 and Big 12 do and the Big Ten plans to do. 

All the fans from nine-game conferences were frustrated to some degree, though often over different issues. Some of the SEC respondents said, "I hear you." Others defended the SEC decision. 

First off, if you want to go with the "SEC rules and everyone else stinks!" approach, go away. I understand this day and age that it's fun to troll and to purposely say something that is ridiculous just to get a rise out of people, but this actually is an issue that goes beyond conference quality. 

Further, if you're going to say that SEC teams already face a tougher schedule than the Pac-12, know that what you are saying is factually inaccurate. You can still say it, of course. Free country. But you will be saying something that is wrong. 

OK. Now that we've covered the fatuous stuff. 

What this is really about is simple: The SEC thinks it can get away with making things easier on itself. That's not my opinion. That is a fact. Anyone stating otherwise is either ignorant or disingenuous. 

The SEC is not going to change this approach unless it is forced to, or at some point in the future it believes this approach no longer gives it an advantage. Let me give you an example of how the College Football Playoff Selection Committee can make that happen. 

[+] Enlargencf_g_stan_300x200.jpg
David Madison/Getty ImagesStanford would have had a strong argument for inclusion in the playoffs if the new system were in place in 2013. But would the committee have snubbed Alabama to get them that berth?

Say the selection committee is meetingright now. It has selected three of four teams. The fourth selection will be either Alabama or Stanford. In an extraordinary coincidence, Alabama and Stanford each have played the exact same schedule as they did in 2013 with their opponents ending up exactly the same. Weird, huh? 

This isn't about the quality of the SEC, which every clear-thinking person acknowledges as the best college football conference. It's about aspiring toward an equitable playing field so the selection committee can do its job well.

• If the Big Five conferences all play a nine-game conference schedule, it provides a broader picture of a conference's actual pecking order. Why? More games against each other, duh.
  • If the Big Five conferences all play a nine-game conference schedule, it makes it easier to compare teams across the country because they played the same schedule: Nine conference games, three nonconference games.
  • If the Big Five conferences all play a nine-game conference schedule, it helps balance the number of home and road games between the conferences.
  • If the Big Five conferences all play a nine-game conference schedule, it's better for the fans because they get to see, say, Alabama and Georgia play more often.

Again, other than Machiavellian self-interest, there is no argument that justifies what the SEC is doing. None.

http://espn.go.com/b...-rivalry-gripes

I've been saying this for three years now: I think if we're going to go into a playoff and feed into one playoff system, we all need to play by the same rules," said Stanford coach David Shaw, whose team has played in four straight BCS bowl games, including three in his tenure. "Play your conference. Don't back down from playing your own conference. It's one thing to back down from playing somebody else. But don't back down from playing your own conference."

Shaw
There's no taking away anything that LSU and Alabama and Auburn recently have accomplished. They've been phenomenal. My take is to say, 'OK, the rest of us are playing our conference. We're playing nine out of 12 teams in our conference. Why can't you do the same thing?'
-- Stanford coach David Shaw
Last week, the SEC voted to maintain an eight-game conference schedule. The Pac-12 and Big 12 already play nine conference games, and the Big Ten is scheduled to start a nine-game slate in 2016. The ACC will hold its spring meetings later this month in Florida, where it could decide to either maintain an eight-game schedule, plus its partnership with Notre Dame, or move to nine games.

"I would like to see everybody operate under the same set of rules or restrictions or regulations or whatever word you want to throw in there," UCLA coach Jim Mora said. "I think the Pac-12 is an incredibly competitive conference. I look at the teams that make up this conference and I think anybody can beat anybody on any given week. I think the same can be said for the SEC. And yet we play nine games against each other. I like that

In other words, if all the other power conferences are going to line up with nine conference games, then the SEC should too.  For all their big talk about being the "toughest" conference and the "best" conference, they make sure they play one another the minimal amount of times, while simultaneously scheduling non-conference games against laughably pathetic Division I-AA competition, such as Western Carolina (Alabama), Samford (Auburn), Sam Houston State (LSU), Eastern Kentucky (Florida), Chattanooga (Tennessee), Charleston Southern (Georgia) or cupcake Division I-A competition from the non-BCS conferences, such as Idaho (Florida), Florida Atlantic (Alabama), Louisiana-Monroe (LSU), or New Mexico State (LSU).

Edited by Icker, May 04, 2014 - 11:16 AM.

#18 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts

Posted May 04, 2014 - 03:15 PM

Mora Jr, you play New Mexico State...Shut Up.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#19 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts

Posted July 18, 2014 - 07:49 AM

PHILADELPHIA, PA and BRISTOL, CT --ESPN and Comcast Cable have reached an agreement for carriage of the SEC Network, which will begin rolling out to fans and followers of the Southeastern Conference across Comcast markets at the start of the SEC college football season. Comcast subscribers will also have authenticated access to additional live events scheduled for the SEC Network's and Comcast's digital platforms - including the Xfinity TV Go app and website, WatchESPN and SECNetwork.com - with the ability to watch SEC Network live and on-demand content anytime, anywhere on their television, computer, tablet or mobile device. With the addition of Comcast, the SEC Network will be available to 46 million households nationwide.

http://secsports.go....rry-sec-network

Yes-Nod-Macgruber.gif

Pau Gasol is GONE

#20 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,956 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted July 22, 2014 - 07:34 PM

UCLA's new jerseys are sick

2 user(s) are reading this topic