kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,861 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 20, 2014 - 05:17 PM

Crippling moves?

So let me guess

somehow hiring the coaches we did made kobe old, made a CBa that takes away most advantages LA had, had a really good deal screwed , and "lost" Dwight who likely saved us from maxing out Drew that season

We have financial flex

The worst move in that sense was the Kobe contract...Not even the MDA over Phil thing is huge, because frankly Melo didnt choose Phil, he chose money. 

Players go after money, then titles

I'd stick 'minutes' between the 2

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Nope), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Still waiting, wow)

#402 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,357 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted July 25, 2014 - 06:13 PM

Bump for those unhappy with jimbo hiring bscott.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#403 shnjb

shnjb

Rookie

• 15 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 11:27 PM

I doubt he's going to resign.

This is just posturing.

Besides, even if his official role changes, he owns the team legally right?

#404 DaveGrumbles

DaveGrumbles

Rookie

• 202 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba, Big Game James

Posted July 26, 2014 - 05:26 AM

I doubt he's going to resign.

This is just posturing.

Besides, even if his official role changes, he owns the team legally right?

He is an equal share owner with 4 other Buss kids. The governing owner of the franchise is Jeanie Buss meaning she has the right to make final decisions when it comes to his or anyone else's position with the team.

She completely steers clear of basketball operations but that's beginning to change at the urging of others including Adam Silver.  If losing continues and decision making doesn't improve over the next couple seasons, I'm sure the pressure on Jeanie to fire him will mount and he'll be able to save face by stepping down just like he 'promised'.

#405 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 779 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted July 26, 2014 - 06:09 AM

Or, what could happen is Jeanie could say "Jim approached up about resigning, but we are happy with the direction the Lakers are headed and expect to be contenders again very soon; his resignation will not be tendered."

#406 Anansi1171

Anansi1171

Rookie

• 124 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 26, 2014 - 12:05 PM

It seems like with what little I have seen of the Busses on Backstage Lakers and such, that Jim has Joey and Jesse in BBall Operations...not sure if those two get votes but I assume they do and I also assume they are partial to Jim. When it was mentioned that hiring Phil was "voted" up or down by the family, I assume the Buss Boys stood together on the island against Phil partly because their jobs with the Lakers is there vocation at the moment.

The way Jim cleaned house after the Dallas sweep was when his clock started in my opinion, hes already 3-4 years in and hes claimed 3-4 years more to get it right. Meanwhile, the Buss Boys are content to prove that they are not the amateurs they in fact are at the expense of their teams good will and the fans. But this IS what a dying father wanted for his boys I do believe and Jeanie and the league be damned. And as Laker fans, right now, we are the damned and the cursed.

This league revolves around a semi-interested man-child of a superstar incapable of displaying real heart and grit and consumed by his wholly narcissisistic narrative as some lame azz prodigal son.

Yuck!

Kobe rules over LJ...remember a player who took the title of "Air Apparent" and stuck it to Vince and TMac, AI, Starbury Penny GHill the Big Ticket Jesus Shuttlesworth and every other rival from three generations of basketball.

Miss not having a REAL king on top, not this butter-soft cohort where not one is looking for that "Kobe Number".

When that player comes again, I hope its to a Lakers reborn.

#407 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 136 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 26, 2014 - 12:13 PM

"This league revolves around a semi-interested man-child of a superstar incapable of displaying real heart and grit and consumed by his wholly narcissisistic narrative as some lame azz prodigal son."

Preach!

#408 Jack Lime

Jack Lime

Rookie

• 360 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted July 26, 2014 - 12:13 PM

Bump for those unhappy with jimbo hiring bscott.

There are certain people on this forum... Lakers fans one would assume... Who spend infinitely more time [expletive]ing about the people associated with this organization, than they do cheering for their team...

VN8Tqa1.jpg

#409 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,042 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 26, 2014 - 12:18 PM

There are certain people on this forum... Lakers fans one would assume... Who spend infinitely more time [expletive]ing about the people associated with this organization, than they do cheering for their team...

just use this on them 

1Kr1ZIZ.gif

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#410 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,428 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 26, 2014 - 12:35 PM

I don't see what there is to cheer for seeing as there are no games being played. Pretty stupid really. Because if the Lakers have another terrible season, the people cheering will be the first ones complaining and the ones who saw it coming would be saying "I told you so". 

#411 Anansi1171

Anansi1171

Rookie

• 124 posts

Posted July 26, 2014 - 12:48 PM

I for one love this team and have made too much a fool of myself cheering in defeat in too many sportsbars around the world to be told I down the FO more than root for the players on the court. May not be much on this message board, but dont get it twisted.

Its precisely that rooting interest, the first amendment and my paying for twc subscriptions and home game tickets at least a couple of times a year that says I can critique the Busses when they stink.

But rather than spend Eternity itself ------ing about this team as you suggest, please tell me how you feel about the last four years of Lakers Basketball where the San Antonio Spurs have been to two finals and reign today. Not the Thunder, the Heat or the Clippers who were all promised the as the future while our time had passed, our most significant rivals of the decade.

Somehow the Spurs werent victims of their own success. Somehow, they retained their headcoach or at least respected him enough to not fire him anytime he didnt win.

Edited by Anansi1171, July 26, 2014 - 12:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users