flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,280 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted July 14, 2014 - 06:44 PM

I have seen it all, now bballiq is turning into another majesty
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#302 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,030 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 07:13 PM

Bledsoe, Parsons, Thomas.....All those players are going to command not only money, but long-term deals for security. Why commit and tie yourself up to players when they are not going to get you passed the second round? Lakers did the right thing by waiting. If Love isn't traded to Cleveland, I am convinced he will be a Laker. You can then flip Randle, our first round picks for role players, and in 2016, when Kobe's contract comes off, you are not only positioning yourself for Durant, but also another star as well.  Lakers are playing it right.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#303 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,183 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 14, 2014 - 08:56 PM

Yea, Marc Gasol is going to come here.  Come to a team that will be terrible where the fans of the team treated his brother like garbage and blamed him for every problem the team had and had him put on the trade blocks ever single season.  

#304 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,931 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 14, 2014 - 09:24 PM

Yea, Marc Gasol is going to come here.  Come to a team that will be terrible where the fans of the team treated his brother like garbage and blamed him for every problem the team had and had him put on the trade blocks ever single season.  

And never trading him because they valued him as more than a salary dump. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#305 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,703 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 14, 2014 - 09:54 PM

NBA is fluid...

Ariza is a Rocket

don t think we cant end up with both Gasol bros

#306 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,004 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 15, 2014 - 05:17 AM

This is just false.

But, I don't have to say anything because the trash has been disposed of.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#307 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,445 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 15, 2014 - 06:49 AM

Where are the trade the 7th pick for MCW and Thad Young brigade at????

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#308 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,826 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 09:14 AM

Hahahahaha

#309 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 775 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted July 15, 2014 - 10:05 AM

And never trading him because they valued him as more than a salary dump. 

they did trade him; it was veto'd. 

#310 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,931 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 10:31 AM

they did trade him; it was veto'd. 

Yes for Chris Paul.

But then they didn't cause they valued him a lot. Some could say overvalued him. 

It's funny how some people say in one breath the Lakers just so disrespected him by having him in trade rumors and all this stuff, but then in the second breath they say the Lakers were stupid for not trading him cause they overvalued him and cherished him as a better player than he had become.

Can't really have it both ways.  The Lakers obviously respected and valued Pau enough that they weren't giving him up for anything less than a game changer and draft picks.   Call it overvaluing but that's respect too. 

#311 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,025 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2014 - 10:34 AM

I think the fact that we lost him for nothing shows incompetence on the part of the FO rather than any respect or valuation business. 

#312 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,931 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 10:47 AM

I think the fact that we lost him for nothing shows incompetence on the part of the FO rather than any respect or valuation business. 

losing him for nothing means they overvalued him and didn't trade him for things that were what they considered beneath his value.

In hindsight the Houston deal(the first one for him) was the one we should have done.   Every other deal we wanted a game changer, like Rondo from Boston etc. 

We weren't just trading Gasol for the sake of trading him it was very obvious Mitch held Gasol to a very high standard, that's NOT disrespectful. 

So call them an idiot for losing Pau for nothing but don't say afterwards that they disrespected Pau, the very reason they got 'nothing' was because of how much they valued him and weren't gonna use him as a salary dump. They viewed him in higher standards than the fans of the last 3 years have. 

#313 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,378 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 11:24 AM

They didn't trade Pau because they wanted to keep him. I read they offered him either 2 years 20 or 3 years 29 and he didn't take it.

I wouldn't have traded Pau either if I felt like I was going to need a center this summer....

If you're saying he should have been traded way back in the day, then yeah I agree. I would have traded him a long time ago.

Edited by JGuez, July 15, 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#314 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,931 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 11:35 AM

Did you expect Julius Randle to be there at 7 and the Magic to take Aaron Gordon? 

Edited by Majesty, July 15, 2014 - 11:35 AM.

#315 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,445 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 15, 2014 - 11:37 AM

Can't honestly give you a yes or no on that.  There was a good chance he was going to be there and a good chance he could have went higher.  I still wouldn't have made that trade regardless.  MCW isn't that impressive to me to trade a 19 year old and Thad Young is just a decent role player in the NBA that's on a long term deal.  These were the 2 best players on a team that had a 26 game losing streak.  Would have been incredibly stupid on the FO part to do so.

Did you expect Julius Randle to be there at 7 and the Magic to take Aaron Gordon? 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#316 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted July 15, 2014 - 08:39 PM

The buss family will sell this franchise soon

The model of waiting to sign the next superstar no longer works for us

I support the lakers but the fans deserve to know atleast the plan the franchise has

We keep getting told we r saving cap space this offseason showed that does not work

Instead of building a team for the future as in put in a offer sheet for bledsoe ( which we could of atleast made phoenix pay big for him) or parsons or munroe which look at the mavs they put in a sheet and got parsons
Or go after ariza or deng who makes what jordan hill does basically or go after stephenson or isiah we do nothing in free agency

We will not land big free agents in 15 and 16 with no team just cap space

We could of stretched nash and atleast landed lance who would of been a steal

Just look at difference between lakers and knicks phil used his assets to getba good pg and young studs

I can stick with lakers when they r bad but when u have one unrealistic plan in free agency and then no plan after that its a joke

The lakers sold us on love then went out and drafted a power foward who I like

The truth behind it all is buss knows one way and thts to get a homerun star the lakers donf know how to rebuild

And the real truth is kobes contract killed us

The lakers could of atleast stretched nash and brought in a lance or another player to get us atleast close to the playoffs

A healthy kobe and lin and randle maybe get us enough wins to be the 6th worst team in bball so we cant even get r pick

We could of traded pau to phoenix last year the cavs or plenty of other teams for picks and assets then maybe we could of landed a trade for a star like love rondo or others

Laker fans get ready because as clips make a push towards the finals next 3 years the town will slowly turn on us

Kobe better comeback and show us hes worth every dollar we payed him

#317 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,931 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 08:45 PM

The buss family will sell this franchise soon

The model of waiting to sign the next superstar no longer works for us

I support the lakers but the fans deserve to know atleast the plan the franchise has

We keep getting told we r saving cap space this offseason showed that does not work

Instead of building a team for the future as in put in a offer sheet for bledsoe ( which we could of atleast made phoenix pay big for him) or parsons or munroe which look at the mavs they put in a sheet and got parsons
Or go after ariza or deng who makes what jordan hill does basically or go after stephenson or isiah we do nothing in free agency

We will not land big free agents in 15 and 16 with no team just cap space

We could of stretched nash and atleast landed lance who would of been a steal

Just look at difference between lakers and knicks phil used his assets to getba good pg and young studs

I can stick with lakers when they r bad but when u have one unrealistic plan in free agency and then no plan after that its a joke

The lakers sold us on love then went out and drafted a power foward who I like

The truth behind it all is buss knows one way and thts to get a homerun star the lakers donf know how to rebuild

And the real truth is kobes contract killed us

The lakers could of atleast stretched nash and brought in a lance or another player to get us atleast close to the playoffs

A healthy kobe and lin and randle maybe get us enough wins to be the 6th worst team in bball so we cant even get r pick

We could of traded pau to phoenix last year the cavs or plenty of other teams for picks and assets then maybe we could of landed a trade for a star like love rondo or others

Laker fans get ready because as clips make a push towards the finals next 3 years the town will slowly turn on us

Kobe better comeback and show us hes worth every dollar we payed him

at_first_i_was_like____by_hobbitgirlinta

#318 Naismith

Naismith

Rookie

• 592 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:Cap

Posted July 15, 2014 - 09:16 PM

Yes for Chris Paul.

But then they didn't cause they valued him a lot. Some could say overvalued him. 

It's funny how some people say in one breath the Lakers just so disrespected him by having him in trade rumors and all this stuff, but then in the second breath they say the Lakers were stupid for not trading him cause they overvalued him and cherished him as a better player than he had become.

Can't really have it both ways.  The Lakers obviously respected and valued Pau enough that they weren't giving him up for anything less than a game changer and draft picks.   Call it overvaluing but that's respect too. 

Pau takes a lot of abuse, but when he's rested and healthy he can put up some great numbers. Problem is he's hardly ever rested or healthy. That's pretty much why nobody wanted him and the Lakers didn't want to cut their losses thinking that they could get better offers later but later turned into never.

#319 Naismith

Naismith

Rookie

• 592 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:Cap

Posted July 15, 2014 - 09:18 PM

So call them an idiot for losing Pau for nothing but don't say afterwards that they disrespected Pau, the very reason they got 'nothing' was because of how much they valued him and weren't gonna use him as a salary dump. They viewed him in higher standards than the fans of the last 3 years have. 

Often times the fans are waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the curve. This was one of those times.

#320 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,879 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted July 15, 2014 - 09:46 PM

Basketball reasons will HAUNT the lakers for decades...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users