92 replies to this topic

#81 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,398 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted April 18, 2014 - 09:45 AM

Who has Pac risk fighting? Tim? no power hitting B fighter Tim? He already beat him and knew he was going to win again. Punching bag Rios? Who? A 40 year old past his prime Marquez who he fought a zillion times and got knocked out by. I don't see Pac risking fights. I don't see him risking fighting guys like Alvarez, Maidana. Love Pac but ya'll need to stop saying Floyd is dodging and choosing safe fighters to fight because he is not.   

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, April 18, 2014 - 10:13 AM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#82 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,516 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted April 18, 2014 - 10:31 AM

Floyd has fought everyone who was hot not named Manny & IMO, that fight isn't happening due to Floyd & Bob Arums genuine dislike for one another. 

2hf753r.jpg

#83 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,155 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted April 18, 2014 - 11:13 AM

I believe manny HAD to fight Bradley again and probably wouldn't have had he gotten the decision the first time, I also thought rios would cause a little trouble because manny has slowed down and could have been caught with something against him but it didnt happen and Marquez is just one of those match ups people like seeing because its just like they have each others number and provide good back and forth action everytime they fight so I don't mind it.
Floyd to me has fought guys that might have been hot but still at the same time pretty safe picks(besides cotto and Alvarez), honestly if people wanna criticize pacquiao's opponents because that's open to debate then that's fine I'm not really defending him either, I'm simply saying I'm tired of not seeing both men fight and I don't like when mayweather always gets the benefit of the doubt in discussions for a fight between him and manny
Sadly the fight will never happen and will always be a what if scenario but oh well.

#84 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,505 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 18, 2014 - 11:43 AM

Mosley was already done by the time they fought

He had just knocked out Margarito in devastating fashion...

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#85 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,398 posts

Posted April 18, 2014 - 12:07 PM

No it's just that how can you say Mayweather is fighting safe fights when it seems like Pac is. Bradley is not on Pac's level both fights. Rios never posed a threat against Pac, everyone knew that he was going to be a punching back don't care if Pac lost all of his speed (which he didn't) he would still be faster than Rios. Pac shouldn't have tried to fight Marquez again after he won twice pointless.

The reason why Floyd gets the benefit of the doubt is because he has never been beaten in the ring and never been knocked out. Simple. If Pac has problems with a counter fighter in Marquez he is going to have a lot of problems with the best counter fighter in Floyd.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, April 18, 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#86 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,155 posts

Posted April 18, 2014 - 02:09 PM

He had just knocked out Margarito in devastating fashion...

lol And I'm glad he did I hated margarito but that still doesn't change the fact that he was no longer the fighter he needed to be when he finally fought mayweather.

#87 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,155 posts

Posted April 18, 2014 - 02:19 PM

No it's just that how can you say Mayweather is fighting safe fights when it seems like Pac is. Bradley is not on Pac's level both fights. Rios never posed a threat against Pac, everyone knew that he was going to be a punching back don't care if Pac lost all of his speed (which he didn't) he would still be faster than Rios. Pac shouldn't have tried to fight Marquez again after he won twice pointless.

The reason why Floyd gets the benefit of the doubt is because he has never been beaten in the ring and never been knocked out. Simple. If Pac has problems with a counter fighter in Marquez he is going to have a lot of problems with the best counter fighter in Floyd.

Your right Bradley isn't but he still needed to win this last fight rather than just let the decision go from the first fight, after seeing pacquiao lose to Marquez the way he did I felt that even if rios never moved, he still had a punchers chance(something Bradley didnt) to Catch manny just like Marquez did and I really don't know why he decided to fight Marquez again lol pressure from fans? His team? To get the "Definitive win" ?

As far as as mayweather goes, I'm still going to criticize him as I would any other leader of their sport no differently, your probably right, he probably wouldn't get through his defense, he'd most likely not react fast enough to his counter right hands, but id still rather see it happen than always wonder.

#88 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,398 posts

Posted April 18, 2014 - 03:08 PM

Your right Bradley isn't but he still needed to win this last fight rather than just let the decision go from the first fight, after seeing pacquiao lose to Marquez the way he did I felt that even if rios never moved, he still had a punchers chance(something Bradley didnt) to Catch manny just like Marquez did and I really don't know why he decided to fight Marquez again lol pressure from fans? His team? To get the "Definitive win" ?

As far as as mayweather goes, I'm still going to criticize him as I would any other leader of their sport no differently, your probably right, he probably wouldn't get through his defense, he'd most likely not react fast enough to his counter right hands, but id still rather see it happen than always wonder.

Yeah I'm not saying Pac shouldnt have fought him most def should. Rios tho of course he has a punchers chance but I felt like he wasn't going to touch him and he didn't.  Marquez yea it might be because some say that Pac lost and I guess he wanted to get the definitive win like you said.

yeah I would have loved to see it to because I'm a far believer in if you want to be the best you have to beat the best def in boxing. They were the best at the time and needed to fight each other but it sailed but I wouldn't mind still seeing it, I believe it wasn't going to happen not because they both ducking or afraid of each other tho.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, April 18, 2014 - 03:09 PM.

• 40,431 posts

Posted April 18, 2014 - 10:54 PM

Roach Admits Pacquiao to Blame for Original Mayweather Fight Not Happening

Manny-Pacquiao-Floyd-Mayweather.jpg

yo.

#90 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 815 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted April 19, 2014 - 10:24 AM

• 40,431 posts

Posted April 21, 2014 - 12:38 AM

Adrien Broner: “I’ll Fight Manny Pacquiao At Any Weight”

yo.

• 40,431 posts

Posted April 23, 2014 - 06:31 PM

Mayweather Says Bradley & Pacquiao Fought Like Amateurs

Mayweather-vs-Pacquiao.png

yo.

#93 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,505 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 24, 2014 - 04:36 PM

Mayweather Says Bradley & Pacquiao Fought Like Amateurs

Mayweather-vs-Pacquiao.png

he's kinda right. 

I mean what the freak was Bradley thinking?  he starts the fight with a sound strategy and then goes man of war with Manny for no darn reason as if he was paid to throw the fight after giving a few 'good rounds' and Manny looked 'old' out there releasing what he could in spurts rather than for the whole 36 minutes.  

Now the question is if Mayweather looks old against Maidana, back in his hay day Mayweather would wipe the floor with Maidana, but at 37 we'll see if he still has it like Hopkins does. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users