• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 817 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted April 13, 2014 - 04:00 PM

You and I have different opinions of what "spectacular" is then if you think what Bradley did against Marquez was "spectacular". Bradley's done.

But its fine, build him up to try to make the win relevant to Pacquiao or to overcredit him to try to build him up again as that's probably why you're doing it.

Lol nah
No need to build him up

• 40,548 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 04:02 PM

I mean yeah, Bradley started off well first several rounds going to the body specifically as well and then that just stopped too. He could've potentially broken Manny down that way had he not let up little by little as the fight kept progressing, but no, just threw everything out the window and went completely stupid. I almost find myself asking if there was some kinda fix that it was that mind mind-boggling.

yo.

#43 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 817 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 04:03 PM

shhh Manny fans don't want to hear that.

What i dont get is yall get pissed and try to take it personally when manny wins even in a convincing way

No need to analyze it if u cant

Atleast manny fights the best in his division lol

• 40,548 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 04:04 PM

Who gets pissed and who takes it personally? Name names cause I hope you don't consider me one of them. :laughing:

yo.

#45 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,779 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted April 13, 2014 - 04:19 PM

If Bradley won, nobody would give Manny credit except bash him. I don't get it, most of you want entertaining matches but when it comes to Manny fighting (One of the most exciting fighters in history) y'all bash the [expletive] outta him.... Why?

• 40,548 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 04:26 PM

Again, who is y'all though? Maybe you oughta' say some of you instead. Would be a lot more accurate & fair imo.

yo.

#47 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,022 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 13, 2014 - 04:31 PM

Nothing personal.  I actually was/am a Pacquiao fan.  But I realize when a fighter should likely step away and when their promoter is pretty much milking them on their name alone but the person they were just isn't there anymore and I understand how fans of theirs  will try to build it up something average as more than it was.

What it was quite simply was Bradley came out with a good gameplan, threw it away stupidly and decided to try to go to war with Manny and throwing one shot at a time as if he was a knockout puncher after he stunned him with a right hand. A punch Pacquiao would have walked through in his prime. It was a stupid plan and if that was Marquez in there with Manny again he'd probably have gotten beaten again. 

The problem is that some fans will try to turn this into a "MANNY IS BACK" kind of performance when the reality is that like professional wrestling which boxing has become without the entertainment, Arum picks these guys very smartly and very intelligently for Pacquiao to face,  he did it with Margarito as well as any other fighter he's promoted. 

He sets up fights against fighters that are an attempt to make his guy look good.  Pacquiao just beat Brandon Rios and a shot Timothy Bradley that had to throw away a gameplan for Manny to come back on him.    

Manny Pacquiao should retire, it wasn't a masterful performance, it wasn't an impressive performance, it wasn't a masterful change of strategy by the brilliant Pacquiao,  it was just a performance set up by a smart promoter that's trying to milk Manny for everything that's left in an attempt to put any kind of shine on a Mayweather fight that lost its luster long before Marquez sparked Pacquiao by deciding to counter his predictable "Jab jab straight left hand" with a counter right that was made even less impressive when his opponent threw out an effective gameplan for no reason to 'war' with Manny as if he'd been paid off.    When Manny gets shook by a straight right hand from Timothy Bradley it means he's rattled.  he's not the Pacquiao that can walk through Miguel Cotto's punches, he's not the spitting fireball that can fire off nearly 100 punches around with each as hard as the last.  

This is a Pacquiao who's armor has been dented and looks the way he does in spurts, who awakens his own echos from time to time as those echos get dimmer and dimmer and he needs to get out before they dim completely and he winds up like Meldrick Taylor which Bradley himself is already heading in the direction of. 

Both Pacquiao and Bradley need to retire.  For their own good.    But no one wants to hear that sadly. 

Edited by Majesty, April 13, 2014 - 04:35 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,548 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 04:36 PM

But that's what makes Bradley's changing of strategy so to speak in this past fight so suspicious to me. I think we all still know that Manny is the far greater money-maker and name than Bradley. He's undoubtedly the greater draw by far and known more globally so Arum being the greedy scum that he is, I just wouldn't put it past it something weird being agreed upon behind the scenes to some extent. I'm not saying that's for sure what happened, but I'm just saying it's boxing. It's not exactly impossible in that regard, sadly.

yo.

#49 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,779 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 05:17 PM

Again, who is y'all though? Maybe you oughta' say some of you instead. Would be a lot more accurate & fair imo.

Majesty any pac haters satisfied? lol!

Edited by Michaelyumm, April 13, 2014 - 05:17 PM.

#50 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,779 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 05:19 PM

Nothing personal.  I actually was/am a Pacquiao fan.  But I realize when a fighter should likely step away and when their promoter is pretty much milking them on their name alone but the person they were just isn't there anymore and I understand how fans of theirs  will try to build it up something average as more than it was.

What it was quite simply was Bradley came out with a good gameplan, threw it away stupidly and decided to try to go to war with Manny and throwing one shot at a time as if he was a knockout puncher after he stunned him with a right hand. A punch Pacquiao would have walked through in his prime. It was a stupid plan and if that was Marquez in there with Manny again he'd probably have gotten beaten again. 

The problem is that some fans will try to turn this into a "MANNY IS BACK" kind of performance when the reality is that like professional wrestling which boxing has become without the entertainment, Arum picks these guys very smartly and very intelligently for Pacquiao to face,  he did it with Margarito as well as any other fighter he's promoted. 

He sets up fights against fighters that are an attempt to make his guy look good.  Pacquiao just beat Brandon Rios and a shot Timothy Bradley that had to throw away a gameplan for Manny to come back on him.    

Manny Pacquiao should retire, it wasn't a masterful performance, it wasn't an impressive performance, it wasn't a masterful change of strategy by the brilliant Pacquiao,  it was just a performance set up by a smart promoter that's trying to milk Manny for everything that's left in an attempt to put any kind of shine on a Mayweather fight that lost its luster long before Marquez sparked Pacquiao by deciding to counter his predictable "Jab jab straight left hand" with a counter right that was made even less impressive when his opponent threw out an effective gameplan for no reason to 'war' with Manny as if he'd been paid off.    When Manny gets shook by a straight right hand from Timothy Bradley it means he's rattled.  he's not the Pacquiao that can walk through Miguel Cotto's punches, he's not the spitting fireball that can fire off nearly 100 punches around with each as hard as the last.  

This is a Pacquiao who's armor has been dented and looks the way he does in spurts, who awakens his own echos from time to time as those echos get dimmer and dimmer and he needs to get out before they dim completely and he winds up like Meldrick Taylor which Bradley himself is already heading in the direction of. 

Both Pacquiao and Bradley need to retire.  For their own good.    But no one wants to hear that sadly. 

I bet if it was mayweather it would've been another "Masterful" performance right?

#51 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,022 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 05:23 PM

I bet if it was mayweather it would've been another "Masterful" performance right?

If Mayweather looked the way Pacquiao looked, getting rattled by a non puncher and his opponent had to change his strategy for him to come back and win without Mayweather doing anything to deter him from that strategy prior then I'd ask for Mayweather to retire too.  

However Mayweather has been undefeated for 17 years and uses a style that adds longevity to his career it much like Bernard Hopkins which is why they fight at a high level(though I think Hopkins should walk away now). 

Pacquiao though is a slugger through and through.  He boxed for like, a fight, but he always will be what he is and when a slugger starts not seeing right hands and being staggered by non punchers, it's time to retire.  

I got a question for you. Do you want to see Pacquiao facing Marquez again, or even Saul Alvarez right now at this point in his career coming off last night?   

Think about that and I'll leave it there.

Edited by Majesty, April 13, 2014 - 05:26 PM.

#52 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,779 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 05:35 PM

If Mayweather looked the way Pacquiao looked, getting rattled by a non puncher and his opponent had to change his strategy for him to come back and win without Mayweather doing anything to deter him from that strategy prior then I'd ask for Mayweather to retire too.  

However Mayweather has been undefeated for 17 years and uses a style that adds longevity to his career it much like Bernard Hopkins which is why they fight at a high level(though I think Hopkins should walk away now). 

Pacquiao though is a slugger through and through.  He boxed for like, a fight, but he always will be what he is and when a slugger starts not seeing right hands and being staggered by non punchers, it's time to retire.  

I got a question for you. Do you want to see Pacquiao facing Marquez again, or even Saul Alvarez right now at this point in his career coming off last night?   

Think about that and I'll leave it there.

Pac vs Marquez 5 I don't think will happen if Marquez loses to Alvarado.

Canelo vs Pac i'd love to see that happen, it'd be a slugfest.

HBU?

#53 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,022 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 05:57 PM

Pac vs Marquez 5 I don't think will happen if Marquez loses to Alvarado.

Canelo vs Pac i'd love to see that happen, it'd be a slugfest.

HBU?

I'd like to see Pacquiao and Marquez fight 100 times, they just have a "made for each other" kind of feel to them, but both of them are getting to points in their careers they should walk away. 

Canelo vs Pac... I don't want to see Pacquiao who gets stunned by Bradley in a slugfest with 154 pound power puncher Saul Alvarez.  

It would reek of Terry Norris vs Meldrick Taylor and it could end ugly. 

Pacquiao of 2-3 years ago against Alvarez?  Yeah I'd have LOVED to see that fight. 

#54 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,553 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 13, 2014 - 08:45 PM

Whether you're a fan of Mayweather or Paquiao, it doesn't matter.  If you love the sport of boxing, you obviously want to see the best go toe to toe against the best.  You have to give credit where credit is due.  Prior to the fight, Pacquiao's career was labeled as going down hill, even though I aswell as many other believed he was robbed in the first Bradley fight.  He came out and defeated an undefeated boxer in his prime.  Despite the fight not having any significant moments where a fighter got knocked down or knocked out, it was a decent bought in comparison to a majority of Mayweather's fights where there's one fighter that easily dominates the entire match.  

Mayweather fans must realize and admit that for a long time, Mayweather has dodged Paquiao and it's time for the fight to just happen... Floyd is a great boxer, and without a doubt the greatest of this era, but as of late he's been playing it safe in my eyes.  Don't understand why he isn't willing to fight a Pacquiao past his prime.  I mean common... Guerrero? Canelo Alvarez? now Maidana?  These guys have no chance... it's like watching the Thunder vs. the Bucks in the NBA finals.  

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#55 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,172 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted April 13, 2014 - 09:37 PM

Yeah because mayweather has this rock hard chin....
LOTS of fighters are susceptible to being flat out caught, don't know why people seem to over criticize pacquiao for it and are calling for him to retire.Honestly everyone who is accusing Bradley of not doing something better over the course of a fight should be saying asking the same questions about almost everyone of mayweather's opponents... Smh so frustrating to watch that style of fighting+his antics and NOT want mayweather to get Knocked out already IMO

• 40,548 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 09:41 PM

The fight most boxing fans think Mayweather SHOULD'VE lost

yo.

#57 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 817 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 10:15 PM

Whether you're a fan of Mayweather or Paquiao, it doesn't matter. If you love the sport of boxing, you obviously want to see the best go toe to toe against the best. You have to give credit where credit is due. Prior to the fight, Pacquiao's career was labeled as going down hill, even though I aswell as many other believed he was robbed in the first Bradley fight. He came out and defeated an undefeated boxer in his prime. Despite the fight not having any significant moments where a fighter got knocked down or knocked out, it was a decent bought in comparison to a majority of Mayweather's fights where there's one fighter that easily dominates the entire match.

Mayweather fans must realize and admit that for a long time, Mayweather has dodged Paquiao and it's time for the fight to just happen... Floyd is a great boxer, and without a doubt the greatest of this era, but as of late he's been playing it safe in my eyes. Don't understand why he isn't willing to fight a Pacquiao past his prime. I mean common... Guerrero? Canelo Alvarez? now Maidana? These guys have no chance... it's like watching the Thunder vs. the Bucks in the NBA finals.

Shhh mayweather fans dont wanna hear that

Thats right tho pacs not in his prime BUT thats the fight ppl wanna see even now
So will mayweather do another twitter vote on who the next one ppl wanna see him fight

But ppl like majesty dont think pac deserve to step in d ring with may cuz he knows pac will get his ass beat

When pac got caught by marquez, bet it was a big relief for the mayweather and his fans
They will forever have the leverage of saying "well pac got ko'd, why should he get a shot?" Or "this fight shouldnt be made for pac's health"

All bs aside, pac has agreed and has been doing all the needle testing and he said he knows hes not in a position to go after 50/50 split

But theres always a catch from the money team

Wonder what maidana, victor ortiz etc had done to deserve the fight with mayweather
Saul alvarez was still raw and too slow for may

#58 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,022 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 10:20 PM

Yeah because mayweather has this rock hard chin....
LOTS of fighters are susceptible to being flat out caught, don't know why people seem to over criticize pacquiao for it and are calling for him to retire.Honestly everyone who is accusing Bradley of not doing something better over the course of a fight should be saying asking the same questions about almost everyone of mayweather's opponents... Smh so frustrating to watch that style of fighting+his antics and NOT want mayweather to get Knocked out already IMO

Why must it always be about Mayweather vs Pacquiao?     Fine let's do a comparison of these two and the situations.. 

Alright first of all.. 
Shane Mosley hits a hell of a lot harder than Timothy Bradley or Juan Manuel Marquez, and Mosley KTFO of the Iron chinned Margarito, which is why Pacquiao wasn't the guy to fight him after that, Mayweather did.   

So I don't know what you're trying to get at.   Mayweather's also never been down in his career and his only knockdown was when his glove touched the canvas when he was wincing over in pain after breaking his hand and this is a guy who's been in with hard puncher like Castillo, Corrales, Hernandez, Judah, De la Hoya(at 154), and Miguel Cotto and Saul Alvarez(both at 154).  

Pacquiao went from a guy who walked through Miguel Cotto's punches(they say Cotto was weight drained in that fight but it was early on, not later on when Pacquiao was hit hardest) that has now been sparked by Marquez after being dropped twice, and has been stunned by Bradley after being one shot knocked out by Marquez.  Not just that but Pacquiao fights in a come forward style straight up and down while Mayweather fights a counter punching style using angles.  It's not comparable.     Pacquiao's chin is going, and it's obvious by now he isn't the same fighter. 

Also if we want to talk about strategy, the minute Mosley hit him with those hard right hands,(one to the temple was what staggered him which would stagger anyone) Mayweather adjusted and countered him whenever he tried it again and Mosley had to switch his gameplan because Mayweather actually deterred him till Mosley ran out of options.   It's the same thing Hopkins did to Glen Johnson where he took away option after option till he shut him down entirely, that is what Mayweather does to people.  

Pacquiao meanwhile will continue the same strategy till he finally gets you unless you abandon your game play like Bradley, or stay with it like Marquez and Pacquiao used to be a guy that could walk through it and eventually slow you down or stop you, but his chin has been dented and he doesn't respond proper when he's hit by a hard clean shot anymore.  

If 140 pound Bradley and Marquez can spark you with a straight right hand at this point in your career, then 147 pound Floyd Mayweather whom has one of the best counter right hands in the business is NOT the guy you should be going after.  

It doesn't matter whether you WANT to see Mayweather beat.  Anyone can be beat in the sport of boxing, heck Maidana could hit him with a shot he never sees coming and get him.      But that's the only way it's going to happen and Mayweather's entire style is predicated around never getting hit with that one shot, and if you do, not being there for the second one.   It's why his style has longevity... Pacquiao's style is based around his iron chin and being able to take punishment to get to the target.  

His craft is shot, he doesn't even use angles like he used to, he's back to being 'jab jab straight left hand' Manny that was a habit he had broken.   And he throws combinations when people are hunched up in a corner or stand with their hands up to take it.   He's not the same guy and his jaw has been dented, a guy with a style like his needs to get out after his chin starts to betray him.  

Pacquiao is starting to not see straight right hands or react to them on time and he's 'moved' by a punch from Timothy Bradley of all people, the writing is on the wall, it's just about how long it takes to admit it. 

#59 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,553 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 10:22 PM

What Flloyd did to get to the top of the food chain is respectable and the guy earned his spot.  However, he hasn't truly been tested in a long time, I don't even know why people purchase Mayweathers PPV fights...

What upsets me more is people are saying that the Bradley and Pacquiao 2 fight was boring...  if so I don't know how they could spend $50+ on a Mayweather PPV fight. 

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#60 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,553 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 10:35 PM

Shhh mayweather fans dont wanna hear that

Thats right tho pacs not in his prime BUT thats the fight ppl wanna see even now
So will mayweather do another twitter vote on who the next one ppl wanna see him fight

But ppl like majesty dont think pac deserve to step in d ring with may cuz he knows pac will get his ass beat

When pac got caught by marquez, bet it was a big relief for the mayweather and his fans
They will forever have the leverage of saying "well pac got ko'd, why should he get a shot?" Or "this fight shouldnt be made for pac's health"

All bs aside, pac has agreed and has been doing all the needle testing and he said he knows hes not in a position to go after 50/50 split

But theres always a catch from the money team

Wonder what maidana, victor ortiz etc had done to deserve the fight with mayweather
Saul alvarez was still raw and too slow for may

Mayweather is a genius in many ways.  Not only has his game adapted in the ring, but even off the ring, his decision making in who he fights just lengthens his career.  He has two specific formulas.  1... fight a legend that's completely past their prime (Hatton, Cotto, Mosley, and arguably De La Hoya).  Or he goes 2... fight the rawest specimen or middle of the pack fighter out their that has sustained a solid record and has some kind of nobility. 

Majesty, I can see that you doubt Pacquiao, and you make very valid arguments.  But Pacquiao is the greatest test out there for Mayweather... if not, name me someone that can give Mayweather a decent challenge?  Because unless Flloyd is willing to atleast fight Timmothy Bradley (definitely a greater opponent than Maidana, Guerrero, or Alvarez) or accommodate some weight changes and fight Sergio Martinez, there's not a single person aside from Pacquiao that will give Boxing enthusiast an interesting match, whether he's too old, past his prime, or incapable of reacting towards certain punches.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users