Photo

UPDATE: YouTube Video Titles Now Showing Again On Embedded Videos (Pg. 2, #27)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 08, 2014 - 06:21 PM

Is it just me or is anyone else getting this now?

When videos used to be embedded before, they'd always show the video title in them before clicking. Now, that seems to no longer be the case at all. Why?

Edited by    , April 17, 2014 - 12:15 PM.

yo.

#2 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 08, 2014 - 06:24 PM

Why didn't you put this in the right forum?

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 08, 2014 - 06:27 PM

Because as I myself have said before, although most of the time I do focus on that, there ARE exceptions and this is one of them.

Explanation: I wanted to get feedback as soon as possible and by putting it here as opposed to the technology section, there's a lot lesser chance of it getting buried as much. This is basically common sense off of years of experience.

Now as far as the topic itself, have you noticed this as well or is everything exactly the same for you as before?

yo.

#4 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,144 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 08, 2014 - 06:30 PM

tumblr_m6lah7sgzS1qckmajo1_500.gif

non-serious douchebagness aside, tittles aren't there anymore.

As to why, idk. If I had to guess, it's on the youtube side of things though.

Edited by ace™, April 08, 2014 - 06:32 PM.

#5 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted April 08, 2014 - 06:30 PM

Because as I myself have said before, although most of the time I do focus on that, there ARE exceptions and this is one of them.

Explanation: I wanted to get feedback as soon as possible and by putting it here as opposed to the technology section, there's a lot lesser chance of it getting buried as much. This is basically common sense off of years of experience.

Now as far as the topic itself, have you noticed this as well or is everything exactly the same for you as before?

http://lakernation.c...-and-questions/

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,748 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted April 08, 2014 - 06:31 PM

One more YouTube gripe

I mostly check this website on my phone, and the sound for YouTube videos never play when I'm on chrome mobile. Around a week and a half ago or something, the sound started working, but then stopped again after a while.

Is this something I can fix on my phone or naa

2div

#7 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted April 08, 2014 - 06:34 PM

tumblr_m6lah7sgzS1qckmajo1_500.gif

chuckle.gif

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 08, 2014 - 06:37 PM

Nope. Even worse. MORE buried. I never said I was perfect nor is anyone quite obviously and hence the most of the time as I've said on numerous occasions. If everyone else can get a pass more times than not, then I can as well at least a few times here & there, but anyway, at this point, I have no problem with it being moved if it's decided to be so.

Still disappointed the point of this thread hasn't actually been addressed by anyone though.

Are you still upset that you were proven wrong in the march madness thread by a few posters that there is indeed some flopping in the NFL as well? I guess all that evidence posted was just too overwhelming for you to even respond apparently.
http://lakernation.c...22#entry1534504

People flop in tougher sports like NFL

negative

yo.

#9 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted April 08, 2014 - 06:40 PM

You're so easy to troll.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#10 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,144 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 08, 2014 - 06:44 PM

it has been addressed, I confirmed your question in my initial post. I said yes, tittles no longer show. just changed the song on my profile too and the tittle doesn't show. just album art.

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 08, 2014 - 06:46 PM

^ Yes. Thank you. I did see your edited post as well.

I'm just surprised I couldn't seem to find anything on it on google or youtube itself on the search. Maybe I typed the wrong terms in my searches. Either way, [expletive]ing YouTube. Got a mad bro over here over this. Smh.

While we're at it though, no response to my previous post since you never responded in the first place? You've got another shot here. Will you admit that there is indeed flopping in the NFL as well or still too prideful & stubborn?

yo.

#12 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted April 08, 2014 - 06:47 PM

AndHereWeGo.gif

Pau Gasol is GONE

#13 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted April 08, 2014 - 06:57 PM

Windu is correct, that is the best forum to post it in. I use the View New Content feature, there is no bone that can be buried too deep from this dog.

With that stated, the lack of titles has more to do with Youtube and less to do with LakerNation. It seems that YT is converting all of their embedded video players from flash into html5, and in doing so, removed the titles of the videos when they are not being played.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 08, 2014 - 07:03 PM

ith that stated, the lack of titles has more to do with Youtube and less to do with LakerNation. It seems that YT is converting all of their embedded video players from flash into html5, and in doing so, removed the titles of the videos when they are not being played.

Do you personally like/prefer this change?

I think it's pretty significant to be honest.

It may not seem like much, but in some cases I honestly think that just the title not being there might be enough for a person to be less likely to even click despite whatever image is shown (on the thumbnail).

Like I myself usually put a title or description on top of the video posted anyway, even before, but now I'll definitely more likely have to be doing that even more than before since it's not even there to be seen on the embedding anymore.

I also notice that most people in general, at least here, don't tend to do that anyway, but I wonder if they might want to now at least here & there because of this in my opinion stupid change.

yo.

#15 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted April 08, 2014 - 07:06 PM

I am not sure if Google meant for that to happen, it may solve itself in the coming days. Indeed, I am not too happy either about the titles no longer showing. I do, however, support the move from flash to html5. Flash requires third party software and updates every time it becomes vulnerable. HTML5 strives to become more native in browsers of all types with no third party software required.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 08, 2014 - 07:12 PM

I sure hope they do. They've already messed up enough parts of YouTube as it is since taking over.

yo.

#17 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted April 08, 2014 - 07:32 PM

I use the View New Content feature, there is no bone that can be buried too deep from this dog.

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 08, 2014 - 08:04 PM

^ I like it as well. Unfortunately however, not absolutely everyone apparently seems to use it.

& on the NFL flopping thing, you don't have to admit anything cause your silence on the matter already says it all so I'll let go of that already.

yo.

#19 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted April 08, 2014 - 10:30 PM

& on the NFL flopping thing, you don't have to admit anything cause your silence on the matter already says it all so I'll let go of that already.

So, you want to have a NFL debate with me?

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 08, 2014 - 10:31 PM

^ If you insist, is there any flopping in the NFL? Yes or no?

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users