#1 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 07, 2014 - 12:43 AM

I honestly do not have a preference and the $100 difference between both consoles is not a big deal to me.   I know this is one of the most debatable questions out there, but I just want to know what you guys on the forum think.  Especially since I see that a lot of people on this forum are actually avid console gamers.

From what my limited research has concluded so far.

PS4 = Pure gaming for the best gaming experience possible. (Top notch graphics)

Xbox One = Overall Entertainment system (Sacrifices graphics for a great OS)

Edited by lakers1o1, April 07, 2014 - 12:53 AM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#2 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,535 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted April 07, 2014 - 01:16 AM

I prefer the PS4 and it's interface and announced exclusives over the Xbox One. Online is also a good bit cheaper on PS4 then on Xbox(I pay 18 bucks for 3 months of PS plus, and it's 30 dollars for 3 months on Xbox Live) Both of the controllers are great. There really isn't a system seller exclusive game for either console unless you consider Titanfall or Infamous a system seller, which I personally don't even though those games are great.

It comes down to personal preference, really. I preferred the Xbox 360 last gen but I have not regretted going with Sony this time even after seeing the One in action.

#3 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,447 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 07, 2014 - 03:49 AM

PS3. Then put the extra $ you saved in the bank.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#4 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,568 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted April 07, 2014 - 05:13 AM

PC :rock:

Anyway, that's a good question. If I had to choose, I'd get the PS4 because Sony makes better consoles. On the contrary, Xbox has always been a kind of computer in disguise.

The number of exclusive games is decreasing (just look at Kingdom Hearts 3) so that shouldn't be a problem.

Besides, PS4 could receive PS1 and PS2 support soon.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#5 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,165 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted April 07, 2014 - 05:13 AM

PS4. No questions asked.

tumblr_n3at37ze9c1ri36mao6_250.gif

Edited by vong, April 07, 2014 - 05:14 AM.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#6 BLK MAMBA 81

BLK MAMBA 81

Rookie

• 285 posts
  • Name:Jackal Phrenic 210SA
  • Fan Since:96 - Forever
  • Fav. Laker:MR. 81

Posted April 07, 2014 - 08:18 AM

Xbox one for me'

#7 Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Posted April 07, 2014 - 08:33 AM

Reason why I bought a PS4:

- Not having to pay a subscription to use Netflix/Hulu/Crunchyroll will help in the long run (it'll be good for a media device in the future, lol)

#8 DRDental

DRDental

Rookie

• 193 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 07, 2014 - 08:39 AM

I like the PS4 better

#9 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 778 posts

Posted April 07, 2014 - 08:47 AM

As of now I am leaning towards getting the xbox one just because of the gears of war series. But then, I am also a fan of the Killzone series. Both console prices are too high for me right now. Maybe I'll get both if they go down to around $199. Lol.

#10 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,333 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 07, 2014 - 09:01 AM

PS4

I have both. The dashboard in a million times better. It's not some windows 8 knockoff like on the one. It loads a lot faster than the Xbox One does. I don't like putting it on standby mode to have it load faster in. I would go with the PS4. I can't think of one bad thing about it. Plus they have a built in recharger on the controller, and you don't have to go by one from Microsoft.

Edited by Galácticos, April 07, 2014 - 09:02 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#11 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,498 posts

Posted April 07, 2014 - 09:39 AM

My roommate from last year got an Xbox One, and I got a PS4. We no longer live together, but I got to spend 3 months with both consoles side by side. 

I'm saying this without being biased, the PS4 is the better console. It's smaller, more powerful and cheaper. I also found the Kinect to be junk. It never understood either of us and I personally just don't care for games that could take advantage of that feature anyways.

This opinion is coming from someone who owned the Wii, 360 and PS3 last gen. The 360 was my favorite console out of the 3 of those and I spent way more hours playing that than I did PS3 or Wii.

Buying any of these consoles right now is a long term investment into the future and in my opinion Sony has a lot more exclusives to offer than Microsoft (though I do love me some Halo and Gears of War).

I do see myself eventually getting an Xbox One down the road though when they redesign to make it smaller and cheaper. Just right now though if you were to buy only 1 I think Sony has a lot more going for it with their upcoming video game streaming service, PS+ and all the free games and not to mention that every 3rd party game looks better on PS4.

All of that said, if you get an Xbox One though I don't think you'll be disappointed but I think you should go with the PS4.

Edit: To add.....I like the PS4 OS more than Xbox's. Xbox can do multi tasking better but I'm just not a fan of the Windows 8 look and hate having advertisements I can't remove on my home screen.

Edited by JGuez, April 07, 2014 - 09:41 AM.

#12 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,535 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted April 07, 2014 - 12:02 PM

My roommate from last year got an Xbox One, and I got a PS4. We no longer live together, but I got to spend 3 months with both consoles side by side. 

I'm saying this without being biased, the PS4 is the better console. It's smaller, more powerful and cheaper. I also found the Kinect to be junk. It never understood either of us and I personally just don't care for games that could take advantage of that feature anyways.

This opinion is coming from someone who owned the Wii, 360 and PS3 last gen. The 360 was my favorite console out of the 3 of those and I spent way more hours playing that than I did PS3 or Wii.

Buying any of these consoles right now is a long term investment into the future and in my opinion Sony has a lot more exclusives to offer than Microsoft (though I do love me some Halo and Gears of War).

I do see myself eventually getting an Xbox One down the road though when they redesign to make it smaller and cheaper. Just right now though if you were to buy only 1 I think Sony has a lot more going for it with their upcoming video game streaming service, PS+ and all the free games and not to mention that every 3rd party game looks better on PS4.

All of that said, if you get an Xbox One though I don't think you'll be disappointed but I think you should go with the PS4.

Edit: To add.....I like the PS4 OS more than Xbox's. Xbox can do multi tasking better but I'm just not a fan of the Windows 8 look and hate having advertisements I can't remove on my home screen.

Yeah, I hate the ads on the xbox interface so much

#13 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,211 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 07, 2014 - 01:27 PM

I haven't gotten to play the PS4 yet, but my cousin has Titanfall on his Xbox One. It runs pretty fast and the game is illie but I think I'm still going with PS4 when I buy my own later on.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#14 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 07, 2014 - 08:45 PM

Thanks so much for everyone input.  I really appreciate it and will definitely consider each and every single one of your opinions.  Didn't think I get this amount of responses, but its great.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#15 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,165 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted April 08, 2014 - 03:58 PM

^ No problem, we will support your decision no matter what.

tumblr_n3at37ze9c1ri36mao2_250.gif

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#16 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,153 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 08, 2014 - 06:27 PM

I went with the PS4.

it's better if you're gaming oriented.

xbox one is also a great gaming console, but a bit more emphasis was put on the it's ability to be your go-to media player(DVR, blu ray player, video stream, etc). some of the gaming aspects of it were sacrificed(mostly visuals) a bit to make sure it could handle all these other tasks.

most cross-platform games look better on PS4. also, most have better native resolution on PS4. it's been well documented.

#17 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted April 08, 2014 - 07:05 PM

SONY because VR in Future.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#18 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,153 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 09, 2014 - 06:02 AM

PS4 is just a better machine. I dont know how people can even argue that. It is more powerful and give you a true 1080p.   the only reason people go for xbox is because of fanboys who love the experienced of the 360 and doesn't want to move to a different type of controllers.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users