#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,959 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 03, 2014 - 01:18 PM

Ah my bday game :)  I always want the Lakers to win on it ^_^ knocking the Mavs out of the playoffs would be fine revenge :D 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,706 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 03, 2014 - 02:53 PM

lose please.

• 40,494 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 04:18 PM

Ah my bday game :)  I always want the Lakers to win on it ^_^ knocking the Mavs out of the playoffs would be fine revenge :D

You'd take that over the chance of missing your boy Exum?

yo.

#5 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,855 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 03, 2014 - 06:07 PM

lol you guys have this conversation every day 

• 40,494 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 09:00 PM

I just love some of his inconsistency. On one hand, he acts so badly like he wants Exum here as we've seen more than enough evidence of, but yet on the other hand, he acts like he desperately wants to still "win" every game so badly as well. I'm sorry, but I find that funny.

yo.

#7 Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Posted April 03, 2014 - 09:04 PM

I'd say to lose (win) this, but knucklehead Dario friggin' Saric is supposedly not going into the draft.

What's the point?

#8 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,959 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 09:15 PM

You'd take that over the chance of missing your boy Exum?

I want Exum.

Doesn't mean I have to root for the Lakers to lose.  We'll win or lose regardless of what I say on an internet forum.  

So I'd rather root for my team than against them as the win or loss is gonna happen regardless.

Whether we're headed for the lotto or a championship I'm cheering for the Lakers regardless.

That's never changing, so if you're always gonna respond with your "you must not REALLY love the Lakers if you want them to 'WIN' in a lotto year!" drivel I recommend you just ignore me being a fan of them and posting "GO LAKERS" and focus on other postings I do and repress yourself from responding when I'm enjoying the team. 

that is all :)

Edited by Majesty, April 03, 2014 - 09:20 PM.

• 40,494 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 09:22 PM

You can STILL enjoy the team and hope for great individual performances while still hoping in the end for the best outcome in current circumstances, which is EXACTLY what I do. I don't get why you can't do the same, but again, to each their own I suppose.

yo.

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,959 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 09:25 PM

I'll choose to root for the Lakers whether they're a lottery team or not.  

I won't cheer for them when they're winning and root for them to lose more if they're losing.   

I enjoy the Lakers by cheering for them regardless.  I cheered for them all year and they're still 25-50 and are headed to the lottery anyway.   So to me its pointless to root against them as if they're bad enough they'll land in the lottery without having to wish it so.  

If they're good enough to contend they'll contend with me cheering them, if they're bad enough to fall into the lottery they'll fall into the lottery with me cheering them.  

No matter how good or bad the team is my cheering for them will remain and that is how I'm a fan rather than basing who I root for dependent on how good or how bad of a team we are :)  So to each their own. 

Edited by Majesty, April 03, 2014 - 09:25 PM.

• 40,494 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 09:29 PM

I get you, but I just can't buy that rooting for the Lakers right now is actually truly rooting for the Lakers, lol. I find it laughable really, but I know a few minority (fact) can say the same on the contrary.

yo.

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,959 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 09:33 PM

You find it laughable to cheer for wins regardless of where we're headed and I find it laughable to selectively cheer for your team depending on whether they're a winning team or a losing team.  That's some reverse bandwagon ish.     :D 

To each their own.   

I could cheer the Lakers as they go 0-82.  My cheering never changed, the quality of the team did and the quality of the team is going to determine where we wind up lottery wise along with what the 'balls' decide.   

So I'll cheer for the Lakers the same if they were headed to an 82-0 season and a championship or if they were headed for an 0-82 season and the lottery.  Team is going to win or lose determined on the quality of the team, so I'm cheering regardless, good team or bad team. 

And You will NEVER hear me or see me EVER cheering for the Kings or the Celtics to beat the Lakers and then call myself a Lakers fan ever again.  

"Oh you a Lakers fan when we have Wiggins but just last year you was cheering "GO CELTICS"?  NAH GET OUT OF HERE BRAH!! "  

Like I said.. bandwagon ish! :) 

to each their own

^_^ 

Edited by Majesty, April 03, 2014 - 09:36 PM.

• 40,494 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 09:39 PM

^

Spoiler

I want what's best for my team & franchise and right now and for a while now it's been absolutely obvious to about  at least 90% of the fanbase what that is. That is all.

yo.

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,959 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 09:44 PM

^

Spoiler

I want what's best for my team & franchise and right now and for a while now it's been absolutely obvious to about  at least 90% of the fanbase what that is. That is all.

I'm sure you do.  Doesn't mean you have to root for them to fail.  Regardless of what you do they are going to win or lose.  Was their a "TANK FOR CHRIS PAUL" movement after Shaq left?   Actually no one in that entire 2005 draft first round has actually won a championship... except Bynum.  

I also consider it super hypocritical to root for the Lakers to lose and then harp on the 76ers for being a disgrace for intentionally losing.  But maybe I'm the only one that sees that

Stephen+Curry+Soon.jpg

Edited by Majesty, April 03, 2014 - 09:45 PM.

• 40,494 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 10:13 PM

I also consider it super hypocritical to root for the Lakers to lose and then harp on the 76ers for being a disgrace for intentionally losing.  But maybe I'm the only one that sees that

There's a huge difference right there and you know it & have acknowledged it yourself plenty of times. The Sixers have obviously had their fair share of games to an exaggerated extent where they've literally [expletive]ed around and took it to an extreme. The Lakers, however, don't do that, give or take a few blowout losses, where they just got so discouraged after getting down big, unfortunately they borderline semi-quit imo, but again we CAN be upset at Philly cause it's so blatant. Lakers however, more times than not, actually play hard as [expletive] despite lack of talent and will typically make YOU have to legitimately BEAT THEM. I know you get that.

yo.

#16 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,959 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 10:20 PM

There's a huge difference right there and you know it & have acknowledged it yourself plenty of times. The Sixers have obviously had their fair share of games to an exaggerated extent where they've literally [expletive]ed around and took it to an extreme. The Lakers, however, don't do that, give or take a few blowout losses, where they just got so discouraged after getting down big, unfortunately they borderline semi-quit imo, but again we CAN be upset at Philly cause it's so blatant. Lakers however, more times than not, actually play hard as [expletive] despite lack of talent and will typically make YOU have to legitimately BEAT THEM. I know you get that.

OF course I get that.  And that's why I root for the Lakers and not the other team :)  Teams are gonna have to beat us and I'll root for the Lakers while they try.  if I root against the Lakers or root for them to lose then I'd basically be ok with the Lakers throwing away games late after competing which is what the 76ers have done and to an extent Orlando a few times to an annoying extent.  

I'd rather the Lakers carry over their "YOU HAVE TO BEAT US IF YOU WANT TO WIN" mentality into next year cause that's the attitude I want on a team that intends to be contenders. 

What the 76ers have done by pushing the "losing is ok" agenda is kill the mentality of the team that guys are brought back for, even if they got a Wiggins type the culture of the team would take longer to change from a "winning is ok and beneficial" mentality that they have this year.

At the very least i know if the Lakers got Exum, Wiggins, Parker they'd have a much easier time pushing the "we win" mentality, because even when we were one of the worst teams in the league the other teams no matter how good had to WORK for it.  So winning is always expected and you fight regardless.

That is the mentality I have as a fan and the Lakers have as a team. 

Unless you're rooting for another team because you know if they half step into the game we're going to destroy them, and if that's the case that team doesn't deserve to beat us anyway much less contend in the playoffs(Hello Phoenix). 

I'd rather root for the Lakers and another team have to earn a victory against us than rooting for the other team to beat us because I know we're gonna destroy them if they sleepwalk into Staples.    

Better mentality to carry forward for the next guy we want to hand the Franchise to imo.  From the fans and team alike.  But that's just my two cents on it. 

• 40,494 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 10:30 PM

^ I know you, fido, & a few others agree on that whole "mentality" thing, but I seriously find it extremely overrated. I don't think just one [expletive]in' season is enough to literally carry over to the next BRAND NEW season with likely a BRAND NEW coach, BRAND NEW system, & thus, a BRAND NEW change of culture & idealogies AND of course, our legend Black Mamba coming back and his absolute killer instinct toughest competitor there is leadership to go along with it. Again, all that considered & more, I can't help, but laugh at how overrated that whole huge worry & argument notion is, but it is what it is..

Also though, let me clarify. Regardless, these current Laker players especially are gonna' ball out as much as they can as has been mentioned a crapload of times for obvious reasons moreso than the actual name on the jersey, but me as a person and or fan, why should how I feel be any concern whatsoever with the whole mentality thing? The players will say [expletive] the big picture, [expletive] the future, and continue to do what they do. It shouldn't bother or piss anyone off that some (or most really) of the fans want what's best for the team & franchise going forward instead. The intentions are the best ones.

yo.

#18 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 5,677 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 04, 2014 - 09:21 AM

I respect both the fans that want to win games for the pride of this franchise and those that want to lose games in favor of a higher draft pick. Both intentions are fair and just.

However, you can't say you want X elite player from the draft and you also want to win the remaining games of the season. You have to prefer one because:

- As # wins increase - - > % for higher pick decreases

- As # wins decreases - - > % for higher pick increases

If the score is 105-105 Lakers vs. [Opponent] with 1 minute remaining, the individual already knows what they want. They either want the team to win for the team's deserving effort and pride, or to lose in order to increase the franchise's chances at a more valuable draft pick. There's no "I'm going to root for them anyways because it's not under my control." 

Edited by Clutch Factor, April 04, 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#19 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,855 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 04, 2014 - 10:27 AM

OF course I get that.  And that's why I root for the Lakers and not the other team :)  Teams are gonna have to beat us and I'll root for the Lakers while they try.  if I root against the Lakers or root for them to lose then I'd basically be ok with the Lakers throwing away games late after competing which is what the 76ers have done and to an extent Orlando a few times to an annoying extent.  

I'd rather the Lakers carry over their "YOU HAVE TO BEAT US IF YOU WANT TO WIN" mentality into next year cause that's the attitude I want on a team that intends to be contenders. 

What the 76ers have done by pushing the "losing is ok" agenda is kill the mentality of the team that guys are brought back for, even if they got a Wiggins type the culture of the team would take longer to change from a "winning is ok and beneficial" mentality that they have this year.

At the very least i know if the Lakers got Exum, Wiggins, Parker they'd have a much easier time pushing the "we win" mentality, because even when we were one of the worst teams in the league the other teams no matter how good had to WORK for it.  So winning is always expected and you fight regardless.

That is the mentality I have as a fan and the Lakers have as a team. 

Unless you're rooting for another team because you know if they half step into the game we're going to destroy them, and if that's the case that team doesn't deserve to beat us anyway much less contend in the playoffs(Hello Phoenix). 

I'd rather root for the Lakers and another team have to earn a victory against us than rooting for the other team to beat us because I know we're gonna destroy them if they sleepwalk into Staples.    

Better mentality to carry forward for the next guy we want to hand the Franchise to imo.  From the fans and team alike.  But that's just my two cents on it. 

^ I know you, fido, & a few others agree on that whole "mentality" thing, but I seriously find it extremely overrated. I don't think just one [expletive]in' season is enough to literally carry over to the next BRAND NEW season with likely a BRAND NEW coach, BRAND NEW system, & thus, a BRAND NEW change of culture & idealogies AND of course, our legend Black Mamba coming back and his absolute killer instinct toughest competitor there is leadership to go along with it. Again, all that considered & more, I can't help, but laugh at how overrated that whole huge worry & argument notion is, but it is what it is..

Also though, let me clarify. Regardless, these current Laker players especially are gonna' ball out as much as they can as has been mentioned a crapload of times for obvious reasons moreso than the actual name on the jersey, but me as a person and or fan, why should how I feel be any concern whatsoever with the whole mentality thing? The players will say [expletive] the big picture, [expletive] the future, and continue to do what they do. It shouldn't bother or piss anyone off that some (or most really) of the fans want what's best for the team & franchise going forward instead. The intentions are the best ones.

computing.gif

#20 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,959 posts

Posted April 04, 2014 - 12:01 PM

I respect both the fans that want to win games for the pride of this franchise and those that want to lose games in favor of a higher draft pick. Both intentions are fair and just.

However, you can't say you want X elite player from the draft and you also want to win the remaining games of the season. You have to prefer one because:

- As # wins increase - - > % for higher pick decreases

- As # wins decreases - - > % for higher pick increases

If the score is 105-105 Lakers vs. [Opponent] with 1 minute remaining, the individual already knows what they want. They either want the team to win for the team's deserving effort and pride, or to lose in order to increase the franchise's chances at a more valuable draft pick. There's no "I'm going to root for them anyways because it's not under my control." 

And that's where I think you're wrong. 

It's very easy to cheer for your team and know who you want in the lottery.  You know why? 

All you have to do.... is acknowledge how bad the team actually is.  If you know pretty much that your team is a 50+ loss caliber team then you don't have to "beg" for them to lose and you can cheer them faithfully and actually enjoy the games and let the chips fall where they may.  

If you have some unfounded faith that they're going to win 30 games then maybe you'll be "wishing" that this team will lose.  But in order to do that you're depending on this team to be better than they actually are. 

The team is a bad team this year, 50 loss + team, once you believe this and understand this you don't worry about losses coming because it's going to happen due to the makeup of the team. 

But it's not going to stop you from being a fan, it's not gonna stop you from cheering. 

Now if you think the Lakers are a 47 win team that's just severely underachieving I may understand why you would "beg" for them to lose... but to me that's pointless or you haven't accepted how bad the team actually is so you're trying to convince yourself it's a well thought out plan. 

Once you come to grips with the reality that your team is going to lose a lot more than it's going to win you can actually confidently cheer them without worrying so much about the losses and be content to let the chips fall where they may without allowing the lottery hype to shift your wagon as a fan.   It's very simple.  Some just have an easier time accepting it than others so they create the thought that it's part of a bigger plan to lose games now rather to make themselves feel better than just admit the team is bad and losses are gonna be happening anyway.

To each their own I guess. 

Edited by Majesty, April 04, 2014 - 12:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users