#241 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,202 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 06, 2014 - 01:10 PM

I personally hope you all eat your words :)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#242 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,179 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 06, 2014 - 01:41 PM

I hope so too...but It is fair to say if Nash 'surprises' us this year, its because he plays well, plays 25+ solid minutes a game, and gives us 70+ games.  Odds seem to predict the other way though.

He's a certainty for the HOF...just not based on his laker years.

Still one of my favorite guys last 10 years to watch.

His dribbling and weaving through traffic always reminded me of a kid playing in the forest.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#243 martin90

martin90

Rookie

• 455 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 06, 2014 - 01:50 PM

really?? you expect something from Nash???

#244 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,202 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 02:14 PM

I can't rely on Nash to remain healthy. But I'm not gonna disrespect him and treat him like crap given all the hard work he's put in trying to come back for us.

It would be a Gsend if Nash somehow came off the bench, played 20 mins a game and manned our bench unit full of scorers while keeping defenses honest with his shooting.

There's not a single person here that wouldn't mark out for that despite all the talk about Nash.

So for our sake as a team I hope Nash does that and makes everyone eat their words on his production. Its the proper send off he deserves.

And even if he doesn't , ill still cherish that Philly game on his 40th birthday and enjoy that he had THAT moment, in a Lakers uniform. Cause he put himself through a LOT of pain, hardwork and turmoil just to put on that kind of performance, and I appreciate it and him for it.

#245 kidpolean

kidpolean

Rookie

• 444 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted September 06, 2014 - 05:40 PM

I can't rely on Nash to remain healthy. But I'm not gonna disrespect him and treat him like crap given all the hard work he's put in trying to come back for us.

It would be a Gsend if Nash somehow came off the bench, played 20 mins a game and manned our bench unit full of scorers while keeping defenses honest with his shooting.

There's not a single person here that wouldn't mark out for that despite all the talk about Nash.

So for our sake as a team I hope Nash does that and makes everyone eat their words on his production. Its the proper send off he deserves.

And even if he doesn't , ill still cherish that Philly game on his 40th birthday and enjoy that he had THAT moment, in a Lakers uniform. Cause he put himself through a LOT of pain, hardwork and turmoil just to put on that kind of performance, and I appreciate it and him for it.

I think that Nash is going to be healthy and have a good year. 20 mins a night might be too much though and plus I want to see what Clarkson can do at the 1 and the 2. Nash 15 mins, all year, could be one of the best bench players in the league imo.

#246 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,202 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 08:50 PM

If Nash remained healthy and was manning a bench of nick young, xavier henry, julius randle, ed davis, ryan kelly, jordan clarkson and sacre, they could be an x factor

#247 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,179 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 07, 2014 - 04:55 AM

If Nash remained healthy and was manning a bench of nick young, xavier henry, julius randle, ed davis, ryan kelly, jordan clarkson and sacre, they could be an x factor

We would still need a Y and Z factor unfortunately.

I will say if we dont have significant injuries again (nash and Kobe) and Randle comes on strong i could see this team around .500 most of the season and be competitive.

Still say more likely we run into some injuries and top out around 34-35

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#248 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Rookie

• 801 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 07, 2014 - 12:37 PM

Apparently people only look at the bad and not the good.. The lakers chose to keep him for whatever reason and we cant blame nash for wanting to get the money. Its just sad how people talks about him like hes a piece of thrash. They are forgetting that the dude is also a human being..

Guys this is just basketball.. Let us not forget that. We all love basketball and the lakers but after all these things, we are still a human being.. Majesty, it looks like were the only one who appreciates nash for what he has done for the game of basketball..

#249 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,265 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 07, 2014 - 02:02 PM

The point of this forum is for everybody to give their opinion..... Positive or negative. If you don't agree, then do reply and let it fly.

I have knocked Nash for taking the cash and at the same time I will say I dint blame him. Players owe the fans nothing. This is their paychecks and not ours. It's so easy to spend another person's money.

But again, this is a forum...
Posted Image

#250 Lake

Lake

Rookie

• 172 posts
  • Name:Zach
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 07, 2014 - 03:50 PM

I wish I had the same emotional attachment towards Nash as some of you.

#251 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,510 posts

Posted September 07, 2014 - 07:21 PM

Nash is great.

MMiRi9s.png

#252 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,934 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted September 08, 2014 - 08:31 AM

The Lakers chose to keep him primarily because they didn't want the stink from his contract lingering on the team's cap for the next 3 years.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#253 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,134 posts

Posted September 08, 2014 - 02:29 PM

I hate Nash, not because of him personally but his presence is very similar to what nnamdi asomoghua was for me with the eagles

His presence is a reminder of the hype, the failure, and the subsequent destruction of the team
Posted Image

#254 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,202 posts

Posted September 08, 2014 - 02:56 PM

I hate Nash, not because of him personally but his presence is very similar to what nnamdi asomoghua was for me with the eagles

His presence is a reminder of the hype, the failure, and the subsequent destruction of the team

No, that's Dwight Howard. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)