205 replies to this topic

#201 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,446 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 22, 2014 - 07:31 AM

Yes. The only way Lakers get out from under him cap wise is if he gets a medical retirement which isn't likely.  I hope he sits the whole year.  Would rather Lin and Clarkson eat up the minutes at the 1.  Have no desire to see a 40 year old Nash on the floor at this point. 

Even if he retires the Lakers will pay him right?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#202 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,845 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 22, 2014 - 07:33 AM

Well after all those years playing basketball in the NBA I think is hard for him to quit, what he is gonna do afterwards?
It's like when old people retire, that's why they are stubborn

Have you seen him play the game?

Have you seen him interviewed?

Have you seen his vids?

Guy will coach or join broadcasting partner. I'd prefer him to Mychal Thompson as soon as yesterday even. But he probably goes national.

Smart guy, personable, very funny and quick witted.

The next Steve Kerr.

Edited by kball, July 22, 2014 - 07:34 AM.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Nope), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Still waiting, wow)

#203 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 22, 2014 - 08:19 AM

The only one I would actually want is Sessions. But that's probably not gonna happen and since this is a year where we probably aren't going to compete might as well let Clarkson develop.

#204 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,074 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 22, 2014 - 08:21 AM

Have you seen him play the game?

Have you seen him interviewed?

Have you seen his vids?

Guy will coach or join broadcasting partner. I'd prefer him to Mychal Thompson as soon as yesterday even. But he probably goes national.

Smart guy, personable, very funny and quick witted.

The next Steve Kerr.

He doesn't have a broadcasting voice like a steve Kerr or Reggie Miller. His voice is almost too monotone.  

ap1.png

#205 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,845 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 22, 2014 - 09:23 AM

He doesn't have a broadcasting voice like a steve Kerr or Reggie Miller. His voice is almost too monotone.  

If PJ Carlisimo can have a broadcasting career with THAT voice.........anyone can. Dude gargles with sand, glass shards, and razor blades.

Rather he (nash) coach our team as an asst if anything though.

I'm wondering if even the lakers are considering him for HC and trying to finesse the salary issue

Edited by kball, July 22, 2014 - 09:24 AM.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Nope), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Still waiting, wow)

#206 Legendary834

Legendary834

Immortal

• 121 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 22, 2014 - 09:34 AM

I don't know about coaching or broadcasting but I could definitely see Nash in player development, especially with guards. Nash has great knowledge of the game and used to pass and shoot at an elite level, traits every player should strive for. If he was able to turn Dragic into what he is now just by being teammates then the results of working with a player full time would be remarkable.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users