711 replies to this topic

#701 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,822 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 21, 2014 - 01:57 PM

You can pull a bunch of youtubes on Wes Johnson to make him look like a great player.  Bynum was not an ideal PnR player.  He was best in the post and that still does not change the rest of my post.  Pau was not a great fit due to defense and the fact that you could not maximize the offense with Bynum and Pau together (Think SPACING). 

Nash was already a bad defender and Kobe was starting to lack in that area in 10-11 for one reason or another.  So already 4 of the players in the starting lineup are poor to only avg defensively in the West where they had just got killed by Dallas.  Getting D12 essentially made the Nash trade look worth it b/c D12 was a DPOY regular.  Outside of that who knows how bad this team would been defensively.

No reason to even go into how bad the coach was at the time either...that was a given. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#702 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 21, 2014 - 02:00 PM

I don't need the youtubes Jody, they're only for example.

I watched it for the better part of 3 seasons.  

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#703 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 21, 2014 - 02:14 PM

Bynum was nothing special as PnR big man. Dwight was much better even when he wasn't trying to roll to the basket lol.

And Nash is a bad defender and Bynum was not a good PnR defender either so that wasn't ideal either.

But I'm pretty sure LA FO knew that if they got Nash that they were going to get DH (like when they almost had cp3). Too bad Nash was injured and done by the time he got here.

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#704 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,829 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted November 21, 2014 - 03:39 PM

You give yourselves too much power.

very funny maj lol

ap1.png

#705 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,822 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 21, 2014 - 07:35 PM

They didnt know thats the problem.  Mitch admitted during the D12 press conference that he didnt think a deal would happen and Orlando's GM called HIM with the deal.  Mitch didn't work any magic.

Bynum was nothing special as PnR big man. Dwight was much better even when he wasn't trying to roll to the basket lol.

And Nash is a bad defender and Bynum was not a good PnR defender either so that wasn't ideal either.

But I'm pretty sure LA FO knew that if they got Nash that they were going to get DH (like when they almost had cp3). Too bad Nash was injured and done by the time he got here.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#706 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,829 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted November 21, 2014 - 08:01 PM

I would still laugh very hard f either we win or Orlando wins a ring before Howard

ap1.png

#707 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 21, 2014 - 09:19 PM

I would still laugh very hard f either we win or Orlando wins a ring before Howard

That would be awesome. Houston is a great though, but perhaps a bit too dependent on Howard and the guy with pubic-hair in his face, so i'm not sold on those guys being able to beat some of the other top teams in the west. 

Orlando's future looks great and hopefully we'll be back as well ... in 3-5 years. 

#708 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 22, 2014 - 08:35 AM

They didnt know thats the problem.  Mitch admitted during the D12 press conference that he didnt think a deal would happen and Orlando's GM called HIM with the deal.  Mitch didn't work any magic.

They didn't know forsure but there was still a good probability that they would get him. They were in talks with Orlando for quite some time.

I think thats another reason why other GMs didn't want the CP3 trade to go down because they knew once the Lakers got Cp3, it was only a matter a time before they got DH.

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#709 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,342 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 24, 2014 - 11:08 AM

Lakers Hope Loyalty Toward Nash Will Help Down The Line With Free Agents
Nov 24, 2014 1:56 PM EST

Nash_Steve_lal_121228.jpg

Steve Nash plans on remaining in Manhattan Bech for the remainder of his life and is expected to be part of the Los Angeles Lakers' franchise even after his contract expires.

Nash had a breakfast meeting last week with Mitch Kupchak.

"He's planning to come around when he's ready," Lakers' spokesman John Black said.

The Lakers have given Nash time and space to come to grips with the end of his season and possibly his career.

"Going forward I hope we all can refocus our energies on getting behind these Lakers," Nash wrote in a Facebook post on Nov. 7. "This team will be back and Staples will be rocking."

Jeanie Buss believes in good karma and the returns of treating people well, which is part of the reason why Nash still is valued by the franchise.

Treating Nash well could be viewed by potential free agents as a sign of the team's loyalty.

Kevin Durant worked out with Nash at the Lakers' training facility in the offseason and clearly respects the veteran point guard. Durant will be the prize of the 2016 free agency class and the Lakers will certainly pursue him.

I like this, help mentoring and possibly luring FA in future for Lakers. I expected him to help out PHX after he retires but glad he sticking with LA.

#710 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,214 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted November 24, 2014 - 01:03 PM

18553731.jpg

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#711 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 24, 2014 - 01:03 PM

Like I said, he was just taking time away which was very understandable in the first place.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#712 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,639 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted November 24, 2014 - 01:53 PM

Loyalty?
So we will turn into the retirement home of the NBA?
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users