Illmatic

• 8,214 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 10, 2014 - 09:28 AM

I hate HHH. So there's that.

Same here haha

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#242 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,163 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted April 10, 2014 - 10:14 AM

how could you guys hate HHH?

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

• 40,416 posts

Posted April 10, 2014 - 11:15 AM

I hate HHH. So there's that.

Don't you understand your own confusion?

yo.

#244 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,163 posts

Posted April 10, 2014 - 02:55 PM

Information from the recent issue of The Wrestling Observer is used in the following post.  You can read the issue and subscribe by clicking here.

It’s been a few days since Brock Lesnar shocked the world and ended The Undertaker’s streak.  The match result shocked everyone from fans, to announcers, to Superstars in the locker room, to even the referee of the match, Chad Patton.  The Wrestling Observer posted great info today on how the WWE kept the result of the match under wraps and shocked the world.

For starters, The Undertaker hand-picked Brock Lesnar to be the guy to end the streak years ago.  The original plan was for Brock to end The Streak at WrestleMania 27 and then for the two to have a rematch at WrestleMania 28.  When Brock was unable to get out of his UFC contract, those plans were changed.  Or, in essence, simply put on hold for a few years.

Fast-forward to WrestleMania XXX season.  From the day that the match was made official, everyone within WWE was told that The Undertaker was going to win the match.

As far as who actually knew the outcome of the match, there were only six people who knew the finish — The Undertaker, Brock, Triple H, Stephanie, Vince McMahon, and Paul Heyman.  The finish of the match was even kept off of every single final script.  The agents had no idea.  The commentators had no clue either.  Even the production crew was left out of the loop, which is why you hear a noticeable delay in the final bell being rang and Brock’s music playing.

One guy conspicuously absent from the list of people who knew the result?  The referee of the match, Chad Patton.  Patton was told that The Undertaker would win the match.  WWE officials are trained, however, to continue the three-count even if someone doesn’t kick out.  After the third F-5, it wasn’t even relayed to Patton’s ear piece that Brock would win.  He simply did what he’s trained to do, and that’s continue to count.  If you go back and re-watch the finish, Patton is visibly hesitant to make the final count.

It’s unknown when the call was officially made to end The Streak, but the Observer mentions that the final call was Vince’s.  Vince was under the impression that WrestleMania XXX was going to be Undertaker’s final match and decided that it was best for Undertaker to put someone over on the way out.

Undertaker agreed and the rest is history.

#245 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,653 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 10, 2014 - 04:52 PM

how could you guys hate HHH?

I had a long rambling post forget that. Ego. That's why. I'd be more into his current character if he was out of the ring longer.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#246 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,163 posts

Posted April 10, 2014 - 04:55 PM

I had a long rambling post forget that. Ego. That's why. I'd be more into his current character if he was out of the ring longer.

he's playing a character lol 

#247 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,653 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 10, 2014 - 10:41 PM

he's playing a character lol 

Yes

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#248 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,894 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 11, 2014 - 11:28 PM

They wanted Taker to put someone over... so they chose Brock? .. LOL

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#249 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,163 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 07:43 AM

They wanted Taker to put someone over... so they chose Brock? .. LOL

He chose Brock, been that way for 3 years now.... all you can do is respect the decision 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users