Photo

Drake Takes Shot At Jay-Z During Raptors-Nets Game (Pg. 2, #40)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,971 posts

Posted April 20, 2014 - 09:10 AM

"It's an ironic matchup" this dude is so corny he makes me laugh hahahaha

#42 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,889 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 21, 2014 - 07:07 AM

"It's an ironic matchup" this dude is so corny he makes me laugh hahahaha

he was actually talking about the Nets vs Raps which in some ways is ironic

He's corny but moreso he's sensitive. The way he took the Kendrick line and then his voice during this.

anybody got a u mad gif?

#43 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,889 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 21, 2014 - 07:10 AM

The first line has to do with him saying the song is for those dudes that trap and sell weight, not about him selling drugs.

The second line is about him saying anyone can be pushed to the limit to kill, hence he says dont hype me up and catch a body like that. Anyone can be pushed to the limit to kill, it happens everyday, he is not stating he kills people on the usual like the majority of rappers that have that persona.

I am not sure where the last line is from being that it is bleeped out.

A better line to see for drake is "Cause I'm getting hood love and I aint even talking street [expletive]"

Yes he does have the occasional generic rap line, every rapper does. However, your fooling yourself if you think drake goes out there waving colors like he is a millionaire that is apart of a street gang (wayne).

These lines are no where close to the killer lyrics said by most rappers. Like I said meek and rick had a song called body count, saying that have killed a double digit amount of people. Or rick saying I am selling dope off the iphone. Look at lil wayne lyrics same thing, talking about gun play and selling drugs. Hov even has his hood bars, and Hov hasnt been in the hood since '96. Drake is many things, but does not portray or say that he is a hard gangsta or killer in his lyrics.

Wayne joined Blood as a 18 year old or wwhatever he di. Thats lame

But Wayne from New Orleans...Hollygrove. Well established about being in the hood for a CHUNK of his existence. Did time in Rikers.

Drake was 17-18 talking like a straight suburbanite... Whining to his mom about asking for "tuna on a bagel"

Drake likes the tow a line that would have been unacceptable 10 years ago.

Edited by BasketballIQ, April 21, 2014 - 07:10 AM.

#44 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,971 posts

Posted April 21, 2014 - 01:53 PM

he was actually talking about the Nets vs Raps which in some ways is ironic

He's corny but moreso he's sensitive. The way he took the Kendrick line and then his voice during this.

anybody got a u mad gif?

Oh yaaa I understand that, but it's just that manner he pointed it out that cracks me up. Sounds like that silly cat in HS that tries to stick his chest out and be hard, when he really is just a well mannered mama's boy. Hahaha

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users