Photo

Drake Takes Shot At Jay-Z During Raptors-Nets Game (Pg. 2, #40)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 08:17 AM

^If I was famous, I'll be exactly like Drake. It's the truth that I have came to accept.

#22 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,251 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 12, 2014 - 09:42 AM

^If I was famous, I'll be exactly like Drake. It's the truth that I have came to accept.

Ou.gif

#23 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 03:35 PM

Idk why so much hate comes to him. He's a genuinely nice guy. Sure, I don't like most of his estrogen pumped music, but I'm nor going to hate on him anymore. He stays true to himself.

Edited by Icker, April 12, 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,156 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 12, 2014 - 04:07 PM

Drake Goes In Disguise.. Asking The Streets How They Really Feel About Him! (Jimmy Kimmel Live)

HAH that was pretty funny.  That dude still probably doesn't get it that he's talking to Drake :P 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#25 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 12, 2014 - 04:32 PM

Dude seems like a nice guy....Earlier this  year he stopped by a homeless shelter after his concert and donated money... 

I would have recognized him even with that disguise lol

Edited by Yaboy, April 12, 2014 - 04:33 PM.

OD_zpsef7494d9.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#26 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,026 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 12, 2014 - 05:24 PM

Idk why so much hate comes to him. He's a genuinely nice guy. Sure, I don't like most of his estrogen pumped music, but I'm nor going to hate on him anymore. He stays true to himself.

Thing is main stream wise that isn't how a "man" is suppose to act, so he gets a lot of crap fro it. I agree with you though at least he stays true to himself, better then the other rappers that parade around like the movie American Gangsta was their life bio.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#27 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 10:11 PM

Thing is main stream wise that isn't how a "man" is suppose to act, so he gets a lot of crap fro it. I agree with you though at least he stays true to himself, better then the other rappers that parade around like the movie American Gangsta was their life bio.

You mean he's not the stereotypical Denzel Washington in training day black man? lol that's why I'm starting to love drake. He's putting on for dudes like me. People look at me and expect some rough kid from the streets for whatever reason. Than they hear me talk and get caught off guard because I'm a soft spoken kid and sound "white". I atleast have now have Obama and Drake to reference to when people come at me with that bull.

There's nothing wrong with how drake acts. Yaa sure his music isn't always great, but there's more to him than just his music. He's transcending stereotypes. I really respect that.

#28 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted April 12, 2014 - 10:20 PM

I don't really even listen to rap anymore, but I actually like his attitude. Sometimes I think people listen to street rap or 'gangsta' rap because they like the persona or mentality behind it even if it has little to no resemblance to their lives, like living a character in a story if that makes any sense. Drake seems like how nearly most guys act in some ways, without the fame and money, just a guy with girl drama and wanting to make it clear who he is and his friends are.

Edited by Ven, April 12, 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#29 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,490 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 13, 2014 - 09:42 AM

Have u HEARD him rap?

He raps like he is a dude from Houston or Miami or some inner city cool kid, with street connects and at 17 he is on film ( not a tv show) talking like a surbuban kid with no ounce of anything resembling the hood. Thats where i see a lot of cats not likig Drake.

Sensitive to the Kendrick thing, his lyrics are about how alone he is. Not feeling what he is doing with his immense talent

#30 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 12:08 PM

Have u HEARD him rap?

He raps like he is a dude from Houston or Miami or some inner city cool kid, with street connects and at 17 he is on film ( not a tv show) talking like a surbuban kid with no ounce of anything resembling the hood. Thats where i see a lot of cats not likig Drake.

Sensitive to the Kendrick thing, his lyrics are about how alone he is. Not feeling what he is doing with his immense talent

So people hate him for rapping like every other cat they came up from his generation? Lol that's still not a valid reason tbh.

#31 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,026 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 12:28 PM

Have u HEARD him rap?

Drake never really raps about being hood or a killer. He in no way puts out bars similar to Ross or Meek where they again and again talking about committing multiple felony's. I think people see that he is associated with Wayne who does nothing but rap about being hood and assume Drake does the same. Drake on the other hand very rarely has a bar that could even be seen as hood.

I just think a lot of people give him problems because well its easy. Drake is a very easy target to make fun of and clown. A rapper that puts out emotional music and is known as nice guy rather than some hard rapper puts a big target on him. When your in the spot light your bound to have haters, and when you easy to make fun of your bound to have even more.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, April 13, 2014 - 12:31 PM.

• 40,604 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 12:22 AM

Drake Speaks On Hosting The ESPYs On ESPN

yo.

#33 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,490 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 14, 2014 - 07:40 PM

Drake never really raps about being hood or a killer. He in no way puts out bars similar to Ross or Meek where they again and again talking about committing multiple felony's. I think people see that he is associated with Wayne who does nothing but rap about being hood and assume Drake does the same. Drake on the other hand very rarely has a bar that could even be seen as hood.

I just think a lot of people give him problems because well its easy. Drake is a very easy target to make fun of and clown. A rapper that puts out emotional music and is known as nice guy rather than some hard rapper puts a big target on him. When your in the spot light your bound to have haters, and when you easy to make fun of your bound to have even more.

No 

" this for fernando, who trap out the bando"

" you goin make me catch a bbody like that"

" you [expletive] [expletive]as can lie on"

etc

#34 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted April 14, 2014 - 07:52 PM

No 

etc

Isn't that just any generic rapper, not to offend those that really care about the genre. But rap is about rhyming and story telling, being as complex or subliminal as you want, but it was never a per-requisite to rap about actual life experiences. Too many rappers at best just grew up in a hood and never did half the things they claim they did. The biggest audience of rap are suburban kids all over America, those that actually still spend money on their CD's and concerts.

Says more about fans than the actual rappers if they take any 'artist' serious.

#35 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 08:06 PM

Man, all these artists are just selling characters. Majority of it isn't real and I'm cool with that, it's part of the art.

• 40,604 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 12:21 AM

Drake Surprises Teen Fighting Brain Cancer & Makes Her Prom Dream Come True

People from across the country sent thousands of tweets to get Drake's attention.

"So we can get him to come see her or send something for her because that would mean the world to her," said Campbell.

Kennedy's father told us Drake called late Friday night to say he was going to make a trip to Houston just for Kennedy.

It's an unforgettable act of kindness and a smile from a girl who's fighting a difficult battle.

FULL ARTICLE on YouTube page in the About.

yo.

• 40,604 posts

Posted April 18, 2014 - 11:35 PM

Drake Narrates Toronto Raptors Playoff Commercial

yo.

#38 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted April 19, 2014 - 06:32 PM

I hope drake buy the lakers after Jim Buss steps down. We'll definitely win the chip afterwards.

#39 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,026 posts

Posted April 19, 2014 - 06:49 PM

No 

etc

The first line has to do with him saying the song is for those dudes that trap and sell weight, not about him selling drugs.

The second line is about him saying anyone can be pushed to the limit to kill, hence he says dont hype me up and catch a body like that. Anyone can be pushed to the limit to kill, it happens everyday, he is not stating he kills people on the usual like the majority of rappers that have that persona.

I am not sure where the last line is from being that it is bleeped out.

A better line to see for drake is "Cause I'm getting hood love and I aint even talking street [expletive]"

Yes he does have the occasional generic rap line, every rapper does. However, your fooling yourself if you think drake goes out there waving colors like he is a millionaire that is apart of a street gang (wayne).

These lines are no where close to the killer lyrics said by most rappers. Like I said meek and rick had a song called body count, saying that have killed a double digit amount of people. Or rick saying I am selling dope off the iphone. Look at lil wayne lyrics same thing, talking about gun play and selling drugs. Hov even has his hood bars, and Hov hasnt been in the hood since '96. Drake is many things, but does not portray or say that he is a hard gangsta or killer in his lyrics.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, April 19, 2014 - 06:51 PM.

• 40,604 posts

Posted April 20, 2014 - 02:34 AM

Drake Takes Shot At Jay Z During Raptors-Nets Game

Drake: “Jay Z’s somewhere eating a fondue plate,”  this is our time.

drake-rips-jay-z-raptors-nets.jpg

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users