daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted November 07, 2008 - 08:48 AM

Derek Fisher, Political Candidate?
Nov 6, 2008
Derek Fisher, Political Candidate? After watching Tuesday night's election results, it got me thinking: Who on our team would make a good candidate to run for an elected office?

Immediately, my teammate Derek Fisher came to mind.

Currently the President of the Players' Association, Derek has all the attributes you would want in a candidate. He's a great leader, he's intelligent, he's a great public speaker and most importantly, he's a good person with the right intentions when he's trying to get things accomplished. He's someone that's always trying to put the team first and do what's right for not only himself but for all the other players in the NBA and the future players as well. When you have someone as selfless as Derek who presents those qualities, that's the type of person you hope would be in office someday.

Once Derek retires, if he ever decided to run for office, not only would he have the support of all of his colleagues, but I'm pretty confident he would win in whatever area he decided to pursue, whether it would be something like a mayoral or Senate run.

A Soft-Spoken Leader

On our team, Derek and Kobe are the two captains and while he's not in the same spotlight as Kobe, Derek's every bit as important as far as leading this team and bringing young guys along. Being a point guard, Derek takes it upon himself to make sure that everybody is involved. If he sees somebody hasn't gotten a shot in a while, he'll make sure to call a play to at least get him a look or two to get him going. Those are the qualities of a very good point guard and he does a great job with the younger guys like Jordan Farmar as far as teaching him the right way to do things. He's actually been huge in Jordan's career development so far.

link to rest of blog entry

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users