Photo

Isaiah Thomas: “My favorite player is Kobe Bryant. I like the Lakers.”

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

• 40,400 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 09:47 PM

886fd031b7e4ed1ed1eda525f1582d4e_bigger.Lakerholicz.com ‏@Lakerholicz  2h
Kings point guard Isaiah Thomas is a Lakers and Kobe Bryant fan. http://ow.ly/uD3To

According to James Herbert from SBNation.com, Sacramento Kings point guard Isaiah Thomas is a fan of the Black Mamba and the Los Angeles Lakers.

“My favorite player is Kobe Bryant. I like the Lakers,” Thomas said. “It sucks. I mean, it doesn’t suck I got drafted by the Kings, but that’s their biggest rival, so you gotta watch what you say about the Lakers around Sacramento.”

Thomas also recalled the first time he had an opportunity to play against his favorite player.

“It’s crazy to even be in the same league as a guy like Kobe Bryant,” said Thomas, who was selected with the 60th overall pick in 2011. “My first real regular season game was against the Lakers, and when I first got in the game I had to guard Kobe Bryant for a few possessions. So things like that, it’s a dream come true and it’s a blessing from God to be in the position.”

Bryant was also named the most popular player among this year’s rookies in a poll that was taken before the start of this season.

It’s possible that Bryant may be able to use his popularity with the younger players to help draw free agents to Los Angeles, too.

isaiah-thomas-kobe-bryant.jpg

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,099 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 15, 2014 - 09:50 PM

he's also a free agent.... 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,400 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 09:58 PM

^ Right. Restricted though unfortunately, but hey, since he likes the Lakers already & loves Kobe, he could force Sacramento's hand potentially. After all, nobody wants an unmotivated & unhappy player.

yo.

#4 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,773 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 15, 2014 - 10:11 PM

Really don't know how good he is.  He's on a team avg 20/6 with 2 other guys putting up 20 and they are a terrible team.  Im sure he's a huge part of that.  He's going to command at least Teague or Jennings money.  4 years 32M or 3 yrs 25M.  Not worth it in a rebuild. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

• 40,400 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 10:17 PM

He's going to command at least Teague or Jennings money.  4 years 32M or 3 yrs 25M.  Not worth it in a rebuild. 

Yeah, but maybe since he already likes the Lakers and loves Kobe, he'd be willing to take a little less to play with us. Not entirely impossible.

I'd give him anywhere from 4-7 million max per year.

yo.

#6 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 813 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 16, 2014 - 02:36 AM

lol
funny how i hate the guy, being cocky and his antics

but idk might change my view of him a lil bit hehe

#7 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,564 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted March 16, 2014 - 02:49 AM

Is he really cocky? I'm not disputing it, I probably just haven't watched him enough to notice I guess lol

#8 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,773 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 05:39 AM

Loving Kobe and limiting your earning potential at the age of 23 or so are 2 different things.  Dwight also really liked Kobe before he became a Laker lol

Yeah, but maybe since he already likes the Lakers and loves Kobe, he'd be willing to take a little less to play with us. Not entirely impossible.

I'd give him anywhere from 4-7 million max per year.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#9 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted March 16, 2014 - 08:01 AM

Who cares

#10 Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Posted March 16, 2014 - 08:56 AM

Dude wants the Dough.

Edited by Lewd, March 16, 2014 - 08:56 AM.

#11 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,821 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 16, 2014 - 08:58 AM

Been a fan of Thomas since he came out. However, more has to do because of his size than anything. Have to support a player that is showing out for the little guys. I like his game a lot though, but it all comes down to price.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#12 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,871 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 16, 2014 - 09:46 AM

We need a defensive big or two. Until then , nothing matters

#13 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,158 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 16, 2014 - 10:36 AM

^ Right. Restricted though unfortunately, but hey, since he likes the Lakers already & loves Kobe, he could force Sacramento's hand potentially. After all, nobody wants an unmotivated & unhappy player.

...Though the league is filled with them!

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#14 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,675 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 16, 2014 - 11:44 AM

should've drafted him :/

#15 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,565 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted March 16, 2014 - 12:28 PM

I don't know if there is a team that is going to over pay him...

He seems like an off the bench instant offense kind of guy...
Nate Robinson
Earl boykins

I can't see anytime paying him more the. 5 million a year

• 40,400 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 09:35 PM

Miami Heat forward LeBron James

On his impression of Thomas:

“I think he’s very good. I think the best thing about what he’s doing is he’s using the motivation from being drafted last as fuel. Every time he goes out on the floor and (plays against) every team that passed up on him, he’s using that as fuel to say, ‘I have something to motivate me every single night.’ It’s an awesome thing. He goes out and he proves it … I saw he played well (in the Rising Stars Challenge).”

L.A. Lakers guard Kobe Bryant

“He has fantastic potential. He’s extremely quick, very crafty, he has an outside game and can get to the rim as well, so I think he has tremendous upside.”

L.A. Clippers guard Chris Paul

“Isaiah’s great – he can hoop, he’s solid and he’s a leader. That’s the biggest thing that I know (about) Isaiah – he really knows how to lead a team. I think he’s only going to get better as more time goes on.”

On Thomas’ skill set:

“He’s quick, he can shoot it and he has a nice pace to him. He actually came to my Elite Camp when he was in college, so I’ve known Isaiah for a while.”

N.Y. Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony

“He’s a little guy with a big heart (who’s) not afraid of the moment, not afraid to make plays. I like that about him.”

On Thomas’ skill set:

“First of all, he’s small (and) crafty with the ball. It’s always hard to guard a lefty. So, being a lefty, being that small and being able to do the things he can do make it tough (to defend him).”

Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving

On Thomas’ performance in Rising Stars Challenge:

“Isaiah was doing what Isaiah does – scoring, passing, getting everybody involved. I thought he was trying to go for the scoring record (at first).”

“I’m really impressed. Sixtieth overall pick, he was undervalued, came in and proved something, and that’s what he’s doing now.”

FULL ARTICLE inside link:

http://thekingsblog....-praise-isaiah/

yo.

#17 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,158 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 17, 2014 - 04:31 AM

I thought i remembered reading that thomas was the leading 4th quarter scorer in the league.

Not sure if that was earlier this year or sometime last season.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

• 40,400 posts

Posted March 17, 2014 - 06:53 AM

^ Not sure either, but the little guy IS clutch and he's definitely got that DOG in him. Always love that about any player. It's a special trait.

yo.

#19 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,148 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted March 17, 2014 - 07:49 AM

First of all, it would be nice to have Isaiah Thomas.    Secondly, am I the only person who sees the elephant in the room here? Look at his name!!!!!   though spelled differently.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#20 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,490 posts

Posted March 17, 2014 - 07:54 AM

I don't know if there is a team that is going to over pay him...

He seems like an off the bench instant offense kind of guy...
Nate Robinson
Earl boykins

I can't see anytime paying him more the. 5 million a year

He's not an off the bench guy. He's a legitimate starting PG. Watch him play a game and you'll see that.

What he's worth? That's a different story. I don't know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users