Photo

Official Los Angeles Dodgers 2014 Season Thread

• Please log in to reply
709 replies to this topic

• 41,840 posts

Posted June 19, 2015 - 11:07 PM

Lose to the Giants AGAIN??? What's new I guess.

yo.

• 41,840 posts

Posted June 21, 2015 - 10:24 AM

Dodgers lose yet again to the Giants. Pretty much expected at this point.

yo.

#703 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 47,945 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 22, 2015 - 12:00 PM

Dodgers lose yet again to the Giants. Pretty much expected at this point.

Weren't they up 10-1???

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

• 41,840 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 07:28 PM

Still are like 3 and 10 against them this season. One game ain't enough.

yo.

#705 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,423 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 29, 2015 - 10:04 PM

This organization from top to bottom is an absolute mess. I hope we lose the next 4 or 5 in a row and fall a few games behind the Giants. Maybe then the front office will do something. Worst bullpen of a first place team I have ever seen by far. The main problem is that the bullpen has a few good games and that seems to fool the front office and mattingly into thinking that they're fine. That should be so far from the truth to anyone who has followed the team regularly for the past few years and so clearly obvious that it's excruciatingly painful. They always find a way to [expletive] up, even in the regular season, which leads to embarrassing screw ups in the postseason. Same old story for the Dodgers. Only way it's gonna have a new ending is if Friedman and Zaidi get their egos out of their asses and go with an approach that works. They should start by getting a couple at least decent relievers. I thought before the season they said they were gonna "study" how the Giants perform their business. I'd give them an F so far.

Edited by LakersChamps243, June 29, 2015 - 10:08 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#706 Mychal

Mychal

Off The Bench

• 2,686 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted June 29, 2015 - 10:46 PM

IDK how, but the bullpen is still fourth in the NL in ERA and has some of the best WHIP and strikeout statistics in the major leagues. It feels like they've been trash since May but I don't think they are as bad as they have been showing.

As soon as League is healthy, Yimi needs to be sent to OKC. He is a homer machine. He's given up 6 dingers, the rest of the Dodger pen as a whole has given up 9. I really like Jansen, Liberatore, Howell, Nicasio, and Baez. Hope Paco can come back this year, and maybe the team will trade for some arms

Bolsinger and Anderson have surpassed all expectations as starters. Frias is a better reliever than a starter, so I think they will definitely try to work a trade or have Beachy take his spot.

#707 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,423 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 29, 2015 - 11:36 PM

^Don't let those stats fool you. Stats are misleading. The bullpen alone gave up 10 runs tonight bro. TEN. This team as currently constructed has absolutely zero chance of winning it all. I'd actually say less than zero didn't think that would be possible but with this team it sure is

Edited by LakersChamps243, June 29, 2015 - 11:38 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#708 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted July 06, 2015 - 11:32 PM

Funny how quickly the season goes by when your only exposure to the team is reading the box scores...

Once again a big thank you to TWC and Guggenheim for doing their best to sap all Dodger passion and interest out of me.  This was no easy feat but they stuck to their guns, well done [expletive]...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

• 41,840 posts

Posted July 26, 2015 - 08:42 PM

So will they get no-hit Hamels?

yo.

#710 Mychal

Mychal

Off The Bench

• 2,686 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted August 19, 2015 - 03:47 PM

This team is an embarrassment.

300 million spent and this trash bullpen is going to sink them again. What purpose does Jim Johnson even serve on this team? Besides Jansen, Howell, Baez, and Nicasio, the rest of these guys can get DFA'd tomorrow and I wouldn't give a damn. The young guys at OKC can't be worse than this. Worst bullpen in MLB over the last 3 months. Dead last in ERA.

Two of the best pitchers on the planet, all the money in the world, great offense, and this team still isn't better than the Cards, Pirates, Mets or Cubs. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users