• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#41 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,378 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 22, 2014 - 10:23 PM

Dodgers complete the Australia sweep of Arizona, taking the second game 7-5.

Game wasn't close either but thanks to our bullpen's inability to throw strikes at the end of the game, let the DBacks score some runs to make the score respectable. 

As I said earlier in the thread about Dominguez:

Dominguez is still a year away from being a legitimate bullpen contributor.  His velocity is insane but he needs to learn how to spot his pitches.  

Offense looked better which is a good sign, Puig got going a little bit. 

One thing I will say about Arizona, they are not going to be close to us in the standings this year with that starting rotation and to be honest, their new and improved offense doesn't strike me as intimidating to say the least. 

But boy, I cannot wait till this team is healthy.  If Kemp can get back to being Kemp, this is the best team in baseball, no doubt in my mind (and that is fun saying as a Dodgers fan).

#42 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted March 23, 2014 - 02:06 AM

The D'Bags will finish 3rd in the NL West, at best...

And yeah, if Kemp can come back and play 140 or so games as the Kemp we know all know, the Dodgers are the team to beat...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#43 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts

Posted March 23, 2014 - 03:35 AM

Also what I find hilarious about this opening set in Australia:

The D'Bags were the home team for both games...

Leading up to this weekend I figured it would be a home & home split for each team, but no...the D'bags were the home team both times...which means that they now have only 79 games at their launching pad in Phoenix instead of 81  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

So basically the D'Bags [expletive]ed about the Dodgers jumping in their pool and then their announcer said some crap in the Spring about beaning Puig for nothing and Bud Selig said [expletive] you D'bags, 2 games of your home field advantage taken away.  And now the Dodgers have 2 less games on the road this year  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

Serves 'em right, I hope the D'bags finish in last place this year.  They'll probably sit around 3rd though and I'll accept that...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#44 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted March 23, 2014 - 05:42 AM

If Dee Gordon can play half as good as he play yesterday wow look out. We have a new dimension we consistentely didn't have last year...a leadoff guy with major speed stealing bases.

I wonder if Figgins can play LF? Hope Puig's MRI for his back comes out fine

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#45 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,942 posts

Posted March 23, 2014 - 07:57 AM

If Dee Gordon can play half as good as he play yesterday wow look out. We have a new dimension we consistentely didn't have last year...a leadoff guy with major speed stealing bases.

I wonder if Figgins can play LF? Hope Puig's MRI for his back comes out fine

Noooooo to Figgins starting everyday. I want to see Van Slyke out there. He is a starter quality OF and deserves as much playing time as we can give him.

#46 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,378 posts

Posted March 23, 2014 - 10:14 AM

Sounds like Mattingly is already tired of Puig's antics... just two games in. Fantastic.  :laughing:

SYDNEY -- The Los Angeles Dodgers won their first two games of the season, sweeping theArizona Diamondbacks in Australia, but there were signs of some discord before the team jetted back to Los Angeles.

Yasiel Puig struck out in the ninth inning of Sunday's 7-5 win and then did not return to right field in the bottom half of the inning. Before the game, Mattingly told reporters that Puig "grabs something every time he takes a swing and misses."

Asked what injury caused Puig to leave Sunday's game, Mattingly said, "I guess his back." He then seemed to react sarcastically when asked about the severity of the injury.

"Shoulder yesterday, back today, so I'm not sure if they're going to get him tests or get him to the MRI Monday or a bone scan on Tuesday, maybe," Mattingly said. "I'm not quite sure what we'll do. We may not do anything. I'm not sure."

Puig, who batted .122 in spring training, busted out of his slump by going 3-for-5 with a double and two RBIs Sunday, but he also made decisions that turned into two ridiculous outs on the bases. Puig dashed for second on his RBI single in the third inning. Dee Gordon was held at third base, and Puig was thrown out easily. When a ball trickled away from catcher Miguel Montero in the sixth, Puig broke for third and was out by 10 feet.

"It was a rough day," Mattingly said.

Mattingly better be careful with Puig because if he's already questioning the severity of his injuries, that could cause Puig to start disrespecting his manager if he is indeed hurt. 

With the good, you also get the bad from Puig.  We already know that.  Mattingly himself is not the man to bring Puig down to earth, it has to be guys like Uribe and Gonzalez.  

I'm more concerned with Puig's hitting than his antics to be honest, but hopefully he can be that x-factor for us this season.  If Kemp returns healthy, that takes pressure off of Puig which is a good thing.   He also needs to lose some weight, he is too damn big lol.

#47 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,095 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted March 23, 2014 - 01:25 PM

Do you think Puig is really hurt, West Coast?

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#48 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,378 posts

Posted March 23, 2014 - 02:31 PM

Do you think Puig is really hurt, West Coast?

I'm not sure.  I didn't see anything hindering him in last night's game.

#49 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,378 posts

Posted March 24, 2014 - 05:06 PM

Pretty interesting conversations going in message boards as well as the airwaves on radio stations.  

Do the Dodgers send Puig back down to punish him and force him to get his act together?  Or do they even possibly consider trading him for someone like Giancarlo Stanton? 

#50 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,737 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 24, 2014 - 05:11 PM

Wow, I would be down to trade for Stanton... Don't know how the rest of u feel

2div

#51 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,378 posts

Posted March 24, 2014 - 05:19 PM

Wow, I would be down to trade for Stanton... Don't know how the rest of u feel

It's a very interesting trade that I'm for but also against. 

You add Stanton into a lineup with Hanley, Gonzalez, and Kemp, that middle of the order is ridiculous when healthy. 

When healthy...

Stanton has not proved he is durable and I worry about his injury history so far in his young career. 

Miami would love Puig and that team would have an exciting player to at least root for since the team would not be very good.  The Dodgers adding Stanton get a 30 home run & 90-100 RBI guy. 

• 40,399 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 11:21 PM

Dodgers End Yankees Reign as Team With Highest Payroll

For the first time in 15 years a team other than the New York Yankees will sport the highest payroll for the 2014 MLB season. The Los Angeles Dodgers projected Opening Day payroll will top $235 million, with the aforementioned Yankees coming in second with a payroll of $204 million. The Phillies ($180 million), Red Sox ($163 million) and Tigers ($162 million) round out the top five. Not surprisingly the Astros will carry the league’s smallest payroll, a paltry $45 million, or roughly $1 million for every game they’ll win this season.

Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2014/03/dodgers-end-yankees-reign-as-team-with-highest-payroll/#RruIxB6cFk2uZPA3.99

yo.

#53 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,942 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 08:59 PM

Kershaw out with a bum back.

• 40,399 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 09:22 PM

I'm not concerned about Kershaw getting that huge contract and now suddenly getting injured. He's never stricken me as that type of guy. He's too professional & classy to be like that.

yo.

#55 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,378 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 09:33 PM

Kershaw said he could pitch Sunday if he needed to.  To me sounds like they are holding him out and giving him some extra rest to gear up for SF on Friday at home.

#56 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,520 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 27, 2014 - 08:30 AM

Gonna get ur butts kicked tonight. lol jk. any you guys going? Perfect baseball weather.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#57 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,575 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:It's in my blood
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted March 27, 2014 - 10:47 PM

Nice game by Hanley.

Edited by KB24, March 27, 2014 - 10:49 PM.

1985 Lakers Championship ring. LA 4 BOS 2.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5v7qdj.jpg

#58 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts

Posted March 28, 2014 - 01:09 AM

They don't need Kershaw to beat the Padres...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#59 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,520 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 28, 2014 - 10:38 AM

Nice game by Hanley.

He's locked in.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#60 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,378 posts

Posted March 29, 2014 - 03:23 PM

Kershaw starting the season on the DL:

RT @BillShaikin: Mattingly on decision to put Kershaw on DL: “We’re going to protect him from him.” #dodgers

Interesting. The way I read that quote is they know Kershaw would pitch through it so they are going to make sure he can't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users