4121 replies to this topic

#81 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted March 13, 2014 - 05:19 AM

Experience and attitude is all I care. D'Antoni thing could have worked but it was extremely unfair situation to him with all the injuries past year and this year (especially it being without Kobe) but things have to change for the next year from top to bottom because people are tired of this thing and all we want to see now is result. Sloan and Karl can bring that, and get Kobe's nod as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong. MDA has been a loser with everyone except a few years when he had Nash in his prime. Yes??

#82 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,280 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 06:07 AM

There can only be one winner. If SAS and a BETTER coach in Pop weren't in his way, Suns could win the title.

All other coaches in the league pale in comparison to Phil and Pop. And if we can't get one of the two, then who the [expletive] decides who is loser or not.

#83 martin90

martin90

Rookie

• 563 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2014 - 07:10 AM

Pop???let me dream for a while

#84 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,710 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 13, 2014 - 07:41 AM

Easy decision to fire.

Not an easy decision who to hire.

No matter who they get, if they let MDA loose, probably still wont make playoffs next season without 2-3 big moves for players

Edited by kball, March 13, 2014 - 07:41 AM.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (looks pretty good so far), 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...injured game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of, Davis, nice upside!), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#85 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,822 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 13, 2014 - 07:55 AM

Not sure why Sloan's name keeps popping up.  He'll be 72 this year.  He may die on the job real talk.  Also, Sloan has no interest in taking on a rebuilding team.  Legendary coach but he's very old and implementing a new system and creating a new culture takes time. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#86 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted March 13, 2014 - 08:05 AM

is 3x the failure D'Antoni is.

No coach is more of a failure than MDA.

NONE

Bring in Hollins or Shaw

Pau Gasol is GONE

#87 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 08:06 AM

I can only imagine what Mike Brown would have done.  How many times did that guy go off when one of our guys was fouled or pushed while in the air? 

Mike Brown is not coming back Majesty.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#88 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 08:08 AM

D'Antoni thing could have worked

Dat flawed front office mentality

Pau Gasol is GONE

#89 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,046 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 08:42 AM

I want mike d'antoni to stay ..

( FYI :Likes here counts as dislikes ) :P

#90 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 13, 2014 - 10:00 AM

Luke Walton shoulda never left and became a assistant coach to PJ. Regardless we can fix that and make up for lost time....Luke.

edit: We need a young and innovative coach not a prehistoric geezer. no more old, tired and defunct coaches like MDT, Sloan, JVG, etc).

Dennis Scott is a option. So is Anfernee Hardaway. Of course B Shaw but I thought he had moved on and is under contract.

And it doesnt have to be a ex player. Theres many young college coaches out there that are willing. Look what Miami did with Spo. They got ahead of the clock and are now set for the next 20 years.

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 13, 2014 - 10:07 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#91 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,537 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 10:50 AM

Luke Walton shoulda never left and became a assistant coach to PJ. Regardless we can fix that and make up for lost time....Luke.

edit: We need a young and innovative coach not a prehistoric geezer. no more old, tired and defunct coaches like MDT, Sloan, JVG, etc).

Dennis Scott is a option. So is Anfernee Hardaway. Of course B Shaw but I thought he had moved on and is under contract.

And it doesnt have to be a ex player. Theres many young college coaches out there that are willing. Look what Miami did with Spo. They got ahead of the clock and are now set for the next 20 years.

Yes, no more retreads.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

• 40,603 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 12:31 PM

Lionel Hollins will be a fine choice

Karl hasn't proved anything 

and Hollins has? If anything, Karl's had more success & gotten' farther than Hollins. Do your research. Step ya' game up.

You're not in the least turned off or concerned at all about his miserable time in Denver and how most if not all of his players have quit on him at times?

yo.

#93 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 13, 2014 - 12:33 PM

and Hollins has? If anything, Karl's had more success & gotten' farther than Hollins. Do your research. Step ya' game up.

You're not in the least turned off or concerned at all about his miserable time in Denver and how most if not all of his players have quit on him at times?

Agree with Chicano. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#94 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted March 13, 2014 - 12:33 PM

Byron Scott most likely.  I mean he is lurking around Stable Center for the past two years or so. We all know he wanted the job. We all know Kobe wants him to coach. Sure he wasn't successful in Cleveland but he is a heck alot better than MDA. He was pretty good in New Orleans.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

• 40,603 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 12:41 PM

^ If we're talking about age & success, I would easily much rather have the Notorious JVG. They're both the same age (52), but JVG's been far more successful consistently througout his coaching career.

yo.

#96 mrchewsasnbeaver

mrchewsasnbeaver

Rookie

• 105 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Tacos

Posted March 13, 2014 - 12:48 PM

I wouldn't be satisfied with any of the big name coaches out there. Dudes are unemployed for a reason. I'd rather go in a new direction and hire one of the no name coaches or assistants. It was a big mistake letting go of Steve Clifford imo. Dude has frkin Charlotte in the playoffs with one of the top ten defenses ffs

Edited by mrchewsasnbeaver, March 13, 2014 - 12:50 PM.

#97 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 1,907 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 13, 2014 - 12:51 PM

Would Larry Brown be interested? Although I doubt we would be interested in him in the first place.

Impossible is nothing.

• 40,603 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 12:52 PM

I wouldn't be satisfied with any of the big name coaches out there. Dudes are unemployed for a reason.

That's not necessarily true for all. Some just chose to go their own way cause they wanted to explore other venues outside of that profession, take time off, and or the right opportunities they would've preferred did not present themselves.

yo.

#99 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,329 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted March 13, 2014 - 12:54 PM

Hollins or Scott

#100 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,350 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted March 13, 2014 - 12:57 PM

Karl is 80-102 in the playoffs? and Hollins 18-17 and is a more defensive minded coach and Karl hasn't made out of the first round in like 5 seasons while Hollins went to the WCF just a year or 2 ago 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users