Photo

Are you scared L.A. will become a Clippers city?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted March 12, 2014 - 08:20 AM

Do the lakers have time to have 3 to 4 year rebuilding plans?

You have to be a little worried the younger generation the root for la no matter what fans will switch to the dominate team in LA the clippers.

If you live in LA let me know r the clippers taking over the town. Picture the young future fans we could be seeing a generation of clipper fans.

The clippers not only have stars a chance to win a title and a hall of fame coach they have a fun team to watch.

If you think the city will never become a clipper town wait till they win a title.

R u worried that la is becoming a clipper town?

If you live in LA let me know what the ratio of laker to clipper fans is.

#2 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 12, 2014 - 08:25 AM

Clippers aren't taking over LA, it is still dominated by Lakers fans and the team.

You see more Clippers gear but to be honest it's nothing that would be cause for concern. It reminds me when the LA Kings won and you saw more kings gear on the streets, it still wasn't enough.

As a Laker fan, it doesn't matter. We still run this town.

#3 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,871 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 12, 2014 - 08:32 AM

Who cares.

The Browns have loyal fans. So even if we aren't great now, no need not to support.
In 3-4 years the landscape of the association will be very different.

#4 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 448 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted March 12, 2014 - 08:33 AM

LOL, calm down. LA will always be synonymous with the Lakers and vice versa.

#5 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,490 posts

It'll take a lot more than a couple good seasons for the Clippers + bad seasons for the Lakers for the town to be switched.

16 Championships....it's said over and over and people think we're living in the past when we say it but just think about how many that is.

I actually do like seeing the Clippers being good though. Then again, I guess I like seeing every team being good.

#6 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Angels won a WS in 02', Dodgers more or less have been irrelevant for over 20 years with only minor spikes in some success here and there. Yet this by far, and really not that close LA will always be a Dodger town.

It might matter for the rest of the country which is the better team as far jersey sales or tv viewership, but that has always been the case, basically whichever team is hot at that moment. History matters in a franchises respective markets, whether it be Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Cubs (this actually being a prime example vs. White Sox). So the Clips might even win a few titles here in there in the next decade, but won't be enough to actually sway people in LA itself.

Edited by Ven, March 12, 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#7 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted March 12, 2014 - 08:42 AM

I'd probably wait for the Clippers to win 16 championships before putting them into the discussion. But they have yet to win one. 

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#8 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,040 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted March 12, 2014 - 09:13 AM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#9 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted March 12, 2014 - 09:22 AM

Yea but i think we r a different generation im sure in middle schools and elementary school where i think a big part of your fan hood begins clippers r slowly taking over i mean in new york the mets took over in the 80s for a little bit giants and knicks own the town even with bk playing well f*** stern i wonder what lakers would look like if paul was able to come here chris paul kobe dwight probably would of used the stuff we used on nash too bring in young talent we definatley would be top 5 teams in the league

#10 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,564 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted March 12, 2014 - 09:37 AM

It's not even close to being a Clippers town. Lakers reign supreme. I honestly don't mind the Clippers gaining popularity. It's good for Los Angeles to have so much going on in the sports world, and I know the Clippers will never "overtake" LA so I don't care that they're getting some time in the spotlight.

#11 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 610 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted March 12, 2014 - 09:41 AM

It's was supposed to be a Clippers town the last two years and every year we lost the same time in the playoffs. Until the Clippers do something in the playoffs then it will never be there town.

#12 Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Posted March 12, 2014 - 10:17 AM

Make it out of the West. Everything but that is moot. 

#13 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,964 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 10:39 AM

I wouldn't even care if it became a Clippers town. Doesn't affect the team I'm rooting for, Staples will still be sold out lol.

#14 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,158 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 12, 2014 - 11:05 AM

Clippers aren't taking over LA, it is still dominated by Lakers fans and the team.

You see more Clippers gear but to be honest it's nothing that would be cause for concern. It reminds me when the LA Kings won and you saw more kings gear on the streets, it still wasn't enough.

As a Laker fan, it doesn't matter. We still run this town.

That/this being said, if i was a kid just getting into basketball i'd sure as hell be more intrigued/interested in the clippers. And it would be the team i'd wanna go see play if i lived in LA and my dad could only take me to 1 or 2 games.

Now, that said, i still love the lakers but would not be at all surprised to see them finish behind the clips for at least the next 2 years following this season. The clippers are 1 good player away from 62 wins

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#15 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted March 12, 2014 - 11:18 AM

Cocain is a helluva drug..

#16 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,919 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 12, 2014 - 11:22 AM

Scared?!

Ha! Um, no. First off I don't care what perception is, I'm a fan of the Lakers, I don't need to be part of a popular sect to feel justified I what I believe.

Second, when the Clippers win 17 rings, then it'll be their town.

#17 tsidebotham

tsidebotham

Rookie

• 104 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 12, 2014 - 11:23 AM

LA is a fair weather sports town. the clippers are hot right now, but if history is any indicator, it won't last long... I don't ever see this being a "clipper town" but for the people who were not really fans of the lakers to begin with, and were just fans of the most successful team in the city, they can stay with the clippers.

#18 Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Posted March 12, 2014 - 11:23 AM

Sup, Elias. Glad to see you're still checkin' up on things. :rock:

#19 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,525 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted March 12, 2014 - 11:33 AM

No no no.

They have some fans, but it's still a Laker and Dodger town through and through.

#20 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,806 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 11:41 AM

just walk in/around staples center and you will see how much presence the clips have

13z8pc6.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users