Photo

Gilbert Arenas On How He Almost Became A Laker, Kobe, Phil In New York, Current State Of Laker Franchise, & His Own Mt. Rushmore

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

• 40,494 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 10:28 PM

I HIGHLY recommend anyone & everyone to listen to & watch this interview. I know Mr. Seckbach can tend to be annoying for some at times, but this one's really great. Gilbert is fantastic here. Opens up really honestly about a lot of things.

0:00-1:50 - Talks about the situation of how he almost made the Laker team, but circumstances weren't in his favor (despite absolutely destroying Steve Blake). Also talks about this current Laker team, their season, the state that they're in, the youth movement. Says he's not worried about the Lakers too much, that it's still L.A., "every superstar wants to come here".

0:57-1:52 - Talks about LeBron a little & how he's just "physically gifted", his own Mount Rushmore more or less including Kobe.

2:13-3:00 - Talks about his tough journey growing up in Southern California & struggle to make it big.

3:09-3:40 - Shares his thoughts on the potential Phil Jackson to New York situation & talks a bit of Carmelo.

4:53-5:07 - Compares Mayweather & Kobe. Says Kobe's perfected his craft. No matter what you do, you're not gonna' stop him nor beat him one-on-one.

Then he goes on to talk a bit about his controversial exit from the Washington Wizards & gets a little somber. Sorta insinuates there were some injustices & misconceptions, but all in all, he's fine where he is now and he holds no grudges.

yo.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,953 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 11, 2014 - 10:47 PM

Very very good interview. He has a point about Washington.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 1,836 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 12, 2014 - 12:50 AM

What's up with the NLO in the background at 4:55 ?

Impossible is nothing.

#4 j0k3r

j0k3r

Rookie

• 298 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Shaq, KOBE

Posted March 12, 2014 - 01:25 AM

good interview!

• 40,494 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 01:32 AM

^ Te dije (I told you)!