#1 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2014 - 11:47 AM

WIggins with 41 points 8 rebounds 2 assists 5 steals 4blks, literally brought KU back from 25 points to make it a game.

#2 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 08, 2014 - 01:06 PM

Wiggins finally tossed the team concept aside, and truthfully, it has to be done sometimes.

Unfortunately, as incredible as Bill Self is as a head coach, he doesn't know how to construct and coach a team around a star player.

Whoever watched this game saw that Wiggins' buckets were effortless, and WV had to foul him multiple times because of how unfair it really is out on that court.

#3 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,808 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2014 - 01:14 PM

Wiggins finally tossed the team concept aside, and truthfully, it has to be done sometimes.

Unfortunately, as incredible as Bill Self is as a head coach, he doesn't know how to construct and coach a team around a star player.

Whoever watched this game saw that Wiggins' buckets were effortless, and WV had to foul him multiple times because of how unfair it really is out on that court.

But Dante Exum is still better. He's the next Kobe.
iyjywo.jpg

#4 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 02:27 PM

But Dante Exum is still better. He's the next Kobe.

Not sure if he's the next Kobe, but I compared him to Penny Hardaway when I first saw his video (and most people have, I believe)...basically because he's a big PG.  At the same age, Kobe was more selfish, stronger, and was determined to shoot the ball whenever he had an open shot.  Exum plays a bit differently, and probably will continue to as he progresses through his pro career.

As far as being better than Wiggins, I can't say he is right now.  Wiggins' numbers don't reflect it, but if he was given the green light all year long, he would easily be the most dominant player in college basketball.  However, will Exum be a better overall player than Wiggins in 10 years?  I can't say...there's a lot of potential there, packed into a couple of players, that makes it tough to determine their outcomes.

#5 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,331 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 02:49 PM

Lol triple ocho tried to be sarcastic and funny and real deal actually believes the opposite and wasn't in line with him at all

Hilarious
Posted Image

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 03:13 PM

Lol triple ocho tried to be sarcastic and funny and real deal actually believes the opposite and wasn't in line with him at all

Hilarious

I follow a LOT of Lakers fans on Twitter, and most of them are saying Exum will be the next Kobe, so I have to sit here and admit my sarcasm meter was turned completely off when I read that.   :laughing:

#7 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,929 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2014 - 03:14 PM

Great game... It was nice finally seeing Wiggins take over.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#8 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,331 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 03:17 PM

I follow a LOT of Lakers fans on Twitter, and most of them are saying Exum will be the next Kobe, so I have to sit here and admit my sarcasm meter was turned completely off when I read that. :laughing:

Lol it seemed that way. Truth is I think wiggins and embiid are the premier prospects in the draft

But after that it's a tie between Parker and exum. Exum being 18 is a huge difference when I look at him and his ability. In an ideal scenario the lakers draft wiggins, and you hire a coach that creates a support system and offense to help wiggins grow into his talent.
Posted Image

#9 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,808 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 05:26 PM

Hilarious

And yet he still did exactly what I wanted him to which was blow off the stupid and uneducated notion that Dante Exum as a prospect is anything close an 18-year old Kobe.

Hilarious.
iyjywo.jpg

#10 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,109 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 08, 2014 - 05:50 PM

And yet he still did exactly what I wanted him to which was blow off the stupid and uneducated notion that Dante Exum as a prospect is anything close an 18-year old Kobe.

Hilarious.

The thing is Ocho.  No one is saying that Exum is Kobe.   And the article that said Drafting him was like Drafting Kobe was only outlining the similarities to their approach to getting to the NBA while talking about Exum's talent.  The article even stated in it's first sentence. 

Before I start, allow me to state this.

There will never be another Kobe Bryant.  There never was another Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, or Larry Bird.  Every individual player is different.  Some players get close to resembling their heroes.  Some, don’t make it into the NBA.

So your hatred is unfounded.  The only people Exum has ever been compared to is Penny Hardaway(which includes Real Deal himself) and a high school Jordan(which one guy said).  That's about it.  

Then again Wiggins got compared to pro(not high school)Jordan and LeBron while in high school and the dominance of Wilt upon entering college and you had no problem with that :)   (then again he's your avatar so it's obvious why) 

So you don't need to be so protective of Kobe. No scout or analyst has ever said Exum will be the next Kobe, their games are completely different and any knowledgeable fan(like Real Deal) above can tell you that. 

The bottom line is they BOTH can help the Lakers a tremendous amount and you should be happy that your team has that kind of choice and chance at them both.   You could be condescending and drop to the 8th pick instead and wind up having to take Saric, and then it doesn't matter at all.  

Getting Exum or Wiggins would be a blessing for the franchise, bottom line.  

Edited by Majesty, March 08, 2014 - 05:55 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#11 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,808 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 07:40 PM

Difference between me being okay with Wiggins getting those comparisons is that they are warranted, as evidenced by his game today. Exum's are not. I don't like the dick riding by people who probably haven't seen a single game of his.

I don't hate Exum. He's my second favorite prospect in this class behind Wiggins. I love the potential of his game, but I also recognize that he has the biggest bust potential of anyone in this draft. This is proven with any international prospect in the last 15 years. There is a high chance for them to never fulfill their full potential.

Stuff like this...

Kobe's agent, Kobe's trainer, Kobe as his mentor.   
Kid is doing everything in his power to follow with what Kobe did to make himself a success in the transition to the NBA.   He's doing all the right things right now imo. 

It really isn't even a difference maker. Enes Kanter worked with Tim Grover before the draft, too. It's been done before. Exum is a nice prospect, but people (you) are so quick to jump the gun and put him in the same sentence as Kobe and insinuate that he can have the same impact as Kobe. There's really no solid foundation for it.
iyjywo.jpg

#12 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,109 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 08, 2014 - 08:34 PM

Difference between me being okay with Wiggins getting those comparisons is that they are warranted, as evidenced by his game today. Exum's are not. I don't like the dick riding by people who probably haven't seen a single game of his.

I don't hate Exum. He's my second favorite prospect in this class behind Wiggins. I love the potential of his game, but I also recognize that he has the biggest bust potential of anyone in this draft. This is proven with any international prospect in the last 15 years. There is a high chance for them to never fulfill their full potential.

Stuff like this...

It really isn't even a difference maker. Enes Kanter worked with Tim Grover before the draft, too. It's been done before. Exum is a nice prospect, but people (you) are so quick to jump the gun and put him in the same sentence as Kobe and insinuate that he can have the same impact as Kobe. There's really no solid foundation for it.

Stuff like THIS

Kid is doing everything in his power to follow with what Kobe did to make himself a success in the transition to the NBA.   He's doing all the right things right now imo. 

Bothers you?      Do you disagree that Exum is doing everything to make this transition a good or and that he's doing the right things right now?     And where does it insinuate that he's going to make the same impact as Kobe?  Where if at all?    He's making the right decisions in prep for the draft and the combine and making good decisions right now.  

In nowhere did it say he'd have the same impact as Kobe.  Only that he's doing the right things right now. 

There's no need to be so protective or worrisome about a statement about how he's making good decision for his prep and transition.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with acknowledging he's doing the right things. 

Now if it said Kobe's trainer and mentorship from Kobe is gonna turn this kid into the next Kobe!!  Then I'd understand(and I'm sure if you go on twitter you'll see that a lot) 

It's fine if you feel it won't make much of a difference in your own personal opinion, but you can't deny that Exum is doing the right things right now in preparation to try to make the transition a solid one and doing what he can to try to ensure he won't be a bust.   There's nothing wrong with saying that he is imo.   Cause it in no way insinuates that he's going to be the next Kobe because of it.   Neither did the guy who wrote the article. 

Now fans on twitter that say "Exum will be the next Kobe." or "The Next Jordan!" just ignore that ;)   It's just some fans being fans.   You'll find an Exum, Wiggins. Love, LeBron, Kobe lineup from those same fans for next year if you just enter their names :) 

Don't let it get to you Triple Ocho! ^_^ 

Edited by Majesty, March 08, 2014 - 08:43 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users