Photo

Phil Jackson joins the Knicks front office (Pg. 26 - Jackson/Dolan disagreeing on staff personnel decisions)

• Please log in to reply
559 replies to this topic

#541 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,419 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 18, 2014 - 03:16 AM

Am i allowed to  prop myself?

Seems piggish but doing it anyways.

Welcome to the world of GM'ing Phil.

Bet he finds a way to get fired in 2-3 years and collect his money. But he ain't making NY a winner.  

Good drama there though. Always is with Phil around.

The combination of Phil and Dolan is not a good one.. 

Like I said.. imo Phil should have waited.  There are a lot of coaches and situations that were or are on the brink of losing their jobs for one reason or another, he could have walked into a much better situation than the Knicks. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#542 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,232 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted May 18, 2014 - 06:51 AM

The combination of Phil and Dolan is not a good one.. 

Like I said.. imo Phil should have waited.  There are a lot of coaches and situations that were or are on the brink of losing their jobs for one reason or another, he could have walked into a much better situation than the Knicks. 

Better, perhaps. Even probably.

More money? Nope.

Plus he has history there.

Rather have him there than running the clippers post-Sterling. 

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#543 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,340 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 18, 2014 - 09:35 PM

EXCLUSIVE: NBA executive tells News that Knicks president Phil Jackson looks like 'a beaten man'

“When I saw Phil today he looked like a guy who had lost $60 million,” said one league executive who was in Chicago. “Last summer he looked refreshed when I saw him. Now he really looks beaten down. He didn’t look good.”

http://www.nydailyne...5#ixzz321O5yGD2

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#544 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,419 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 09:38 PM

http://www.nydailyne...5#ixzz321O5yGD2

yeah.. Phil doesn't look good.. looks stressed and looks like he gained 'stress' weight. 

knicks17s-1-web.jpg

Pretty sure he'd much prefer to be training at the Lakers facility every day and coming home to Jeanie every night.  But it was his choice to go to Dolan and accept the money and now unfortunately he has to deal with it.  I can see him quitting soon if Dolan keeps being Dolan.. for the good of his health. 

Also, Dolan stopping PJ at every turn 

Although it had been known for months that Kerr was Jackson's primary target, Knicks ownership did not appear to support the hiring. This comes one month after the Daily News reported that Jackson and Dolan had already clashed over staff moves. ESPN later reported that Jackson wanted to revamp the medical staff but was rebuffed by Dolan, who promised Jackson full autonomy when the Knicks signed him to a five-year, $60 million contact in March to become the team’s president of basketball operations.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...5#ixzz328ZQly6l

Phil should have NEVER EVER EVER went to the Knicks in the first place and trusting Dolan is the biggest mistake he and anyone else that has ever worked with Dolan can make. Phil learned the hard way.  Even being Phil Jackson isn't enough when Dolan is your boss.  I don't know why anyone thought this or Dolan would change.  Dolan is Phil's BOSS.  Till that changes don't expect the Knicks to just because he's there. 

Also this zinger 

1. Jim Dolan was not going to tell Phil "you can't hire Steve Kerr" but as a person involved in the talks said, "he sabotaged it."

sigh... Dolan will never change.  Except he can have Phil's face whenever the Knicks fail instead of his own.  Again.. just what he wanted.

Knicks already trying using their workers at the Post to spin it against Phil.  Isola's not buying it 

1. Only Berman of the Post would report the Knicks spin that Phil Jackson low-balled his one and only coaching candidate, Steve Kerr.

Yes, Phil making $12 million per played hardball with Dolan's money, risked losing his only choice & ended up with egg on his face. Sure.

FYI: There is no salary cap for coaches and everyone at MSG is overpaid. But it was Phil who played hardball with Steve Kerr. Sure.

Shaw even says he'd decline a Knicks coaching job(It's not Phil, it's Dolan) 

@dempseypost: W/Steve Kerr now at Golden St., if the Knicks made a move toward Nuggets Brian Shaw, he said he'd decline.

This is not good all around.  Even the power of Phil Jackson isn't enough to make people want to work under Dolan.  Unless Dolan leaves it's gonna stick this way from the looks of it. 

Edited by Majesty, May 18, 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#545 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,232 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted May 19, 2014 - 05:59 AM

And to think how different things might have been if Phil had just accepted the Laker coaching position rather than want some time to think about it...or make it look like the lakers didnt want him.

At least he's going out with a bang...then another book deal.

Edited by kball, May 19, 2014 - 05:59 AM.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#546 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,902 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 19, 2014 - 06:27 AM

I think they should be glad they didnt get Kerr. He is built like a leader from all my observation. He is cool and calm, I' sure...but I dont see the toughness that I see in Hornacek, I dont see his players loving him like Mark Jackson. 

Plus he came into the Suns, blew it up for old Shaq, to beat Tim Duncan's Spurs.

#547 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 19, 2014 - 06:33 AM

And to think how different things might have been if Phil had just accepted the Laker coaching position rather than want some time to think about it...or make it look like the lakers didnt want him.

At least he's going out with a bang...then another book deal.

The time to wait was minimal. Not hiring PJ is ALL on the Lakers front office; just another blunder by them.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#548 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,419 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 09:16 AM

The time to wait was minimal. Not hiring PJ is ALL on the Lakers front office; just another blunder by them.

And going to the Knicks and trusting Dolan was a blunder by him.   A blunder made by many people unfortunately. 

One wonders really what things would be like right now if he was still in LA right now while the Lakers needed a coach at the moment or OKC, or Indiana  or heck even Golden State or Detroit are better situations.   Phil wouldn't have gotten as much money as the Knicks is offering him, but he could have walked into a much better situation where he isn't sabotaged at every corner and not really allowed to make any changes whatsoever because of his owner. 

The sad thing is we all saw this coming, there were a few that thought because he was Phil Jackson he was going to instantly make all the decisions to change the Knicks.  We said Dolan.  It still wasn't listened to and suddenly the Lakers were making such a huge mistake not bringing him into the front office at Mitch's position and the Knicks were going to prosper severely because Phil would lead them to winning. The Knicks aren't doing anything with Phil there as long as Dolan is in charge and Phil answers to him.     It's unfortunate really because Phil's ideas about getting a new medical staff and coaching etc were fine ones too.   But when you start talking about removing some of "Dolan's" guys he suddenly doesn't care about winning long as he gets to hang with his homies.   That's why the Knicks won't win and why Phil's talents are wasted.   There's a reason Jeanie said what she said and seemed so confident that Phil will be away from the "job" within a few years.   It may be even less than that. 

Edited by Majesty, May 19, 2014 - 09:20 AM.

#549 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 10:49 AM

Pump your brakes. It's still early yet.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#550 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,419 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 11:11 AM

that's pretty much what Dolan wants Phil to think too.  Sabotaging the hiring of Kerr and the medical staff idea no more than 2 months into the relationship is not a good sign. 

If you are dating a girl and she hits you with a frying pan your first and second dates.. chances are she isn't good for your health. 

#551 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,058 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted May 19, 2014 - 12:11 PM

yeah.. Phil doesn't look good.. looks stressed and looks like he gained 'stress' weight. 

knicks17s-1-web.jpg

He's Phat Jackson now

Edited by Mr Terrific, May 19, 2014 - 12:15 PM.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#552 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,419 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 01:05 PM

as much as I'd like to post a Weird Al pic I shant out of respect and cause I worry about his health right now. 

#553 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 06:04 PM

If you are dating a girl and she hits you with a frying pan your first and second dates.. chances are she isn't good for your health. 

I can approach this statement in so many ways.

Edited by Windu, May 20, 2014 - 12:24 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#554 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,010 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted May 19, 2014 - 06:57 PM

This is nothing, imagine the drama and coverage when it is Fisher headlining as possible coach in the off season.

#555 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,419 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 07:43 PM

This is nothing

This..is...Dolan. 

#556 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,419 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 02:16 PM

Phil Jackson fined by NBA for Tampering with Derek Fisher 

twitterProfilePhoto_normal.jpg Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine  · 

ESPN has learned that Knicks president Phil Jackson has been fined $25,000 for tampering with Oklahoma City Thunder guard Derek Fisher

Story highlights: Phil & Fish nearing first substantive chat about NYK job; 

#557 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,713 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted June 02, 2014 - 02:28 PM

Phil done fked up.

#558 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 02:36 PM

25K? Really has to hurt PJ's pockets.

Edited by Windu, June 02, 2014 - 02:37 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#559 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,419 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 02:07 PM

Today was a pretty nice interview with Phil during the Summer league game.

He talked about plans for the future being.  

He wants to play Stoudamire at the Center and thinks it's his natural position as opposed to the 4.  
He thinks Shane Larkin will be the starter. 

He thinks Bargnani can also play the center for the Knicks. 
Plans to play Dalembert off the bench cause he isn't a 30 minute a game kind of player. 
Says their roster is a bit overstacked with guards and they need to get more size.
Says that he told Carmelo the team will not compete right away out of the blue and made him take a paycut the first 2 years of his contract so they could have a 'little' wiggle room and hope it's enough to sign someone significant in 2015 or 2016.  
Expects the Knicks to contend, not this year, maybe next year, and hopefully by the 3rd year.

Was a nice interview with him and Clyde. 

#560 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 404 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted July 14, 2014 - 06:30 PM

PhIl having a real nice start to ths executive gig, good trade with getting rid of the worst starting point guard in the league for a veteran point guard, a promising young one and a key pick which they nailed with Early. Seems like Fish will be a good coach (or maybe thats the Laker in me talking) and he got his star back. He hasnt done much but from what I have been hearing theres some hope building in Wall street

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users