Photo

Phil Jackson joins the Knicks front office (Pg. 26 - Jackson/Dolan disagreeing on staff personnel decisions)

• Please log in to reply
559 replies to this topic

#1 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,425 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 07, 2014 - 01:18 PM

Phil Jackson is mulling an offer to join the Knicks front office, the Daily News has learned. http://t.co/0cPXk4CDde

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1714166

This would just make this season complete. 

#2 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,222 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 07, 2014 - 01:19 PM

WELP

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#3 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,425 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 01:22 PM

Oh and make no mistake about it, this is not a coincidence that the news is coming out after the loss last night. 

Ball is in the Lakers court now. 

#4 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,252 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted March 07, 2014 - 01:28 PM

I thought this was a non story?  THe president of basketball operation for the Knicks talk to Phil already and he said no thank you.  Unless you telling me the President of basketball operation for the knicks asked Phil to take his own job?  THis doesn't make sense. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#5 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,222 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 07, 2014 - 01:28 PM

They better do something

Oh and make no mistake about it, this is not a coincidence that the news is coming out after the loss last night. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,425 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 01:34 PM

I thought this was a non story?  THe president of basketball operation for the Knicks talk to Phil already and he said no thank you.  Unless you telling me the President of basketball operation for the knicks asked Phil to take his own job?  THis doesn't make sense. 

Not a non-story. 

#7 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,916 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 07, 2014 - 01:35 PM

Not a non-story. 

New York Knicks president and general manager Steve Mills met about two weeks ago with Phil Jackson about the possibility of Jackson becoming the team's next coach, sources told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.

The sources said that Jackson, 68, told the Knicks that he was not interested in the position at this time.

The Knicks, who snapped a seven-game losing streak with a win over Minnesota on Wednesday, continue to struggle under coach Mike Woodson. They are 18 games under .500 and 5½ games out of the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.

ESPN LINK

• 40,494 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 01:35 PM

Stephen A. Smith discusses the report that the New York Knicks reached out to Phil Jackson about possibly becoming their next coach.

yo.

#9 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,916 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 07, 2014 - 01:36 PM

The Knicks are probably offering him a crazy ass contract just so they can keep Melo.

Edited by Jackson, March 07, 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#10 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,425 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 01:46 PM

ESPN LINK

Head coach job and a front office role are two different things. 

#11 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted March 07, 2014 - 01:49 PM

star+wars+-+NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.gif

Ok overly dramatic, but good thing he turned them down.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

• 40,494 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 01:55 PM

^ You've gotta' have the audio though for that one:

Spoiler

yo.

#13 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,457 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted March 07, 2014 - 02:16 PM

Knicks shaking in their boots they probably gonna lose Carmelo. This is do or die for Knicks keeping Carmelo.if they don't get Phil next week Carmelo is gone
Posted Image

#14 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,256 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted March 07, 2014 - 02:17 PM

I just want the casual fans to shut the hell up about bringing him and players from the last championship run back.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#15 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,457 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted March 07, 2014 - 02:26 PM

How is the ball in the Lakers court? They have been blind and oblivious to anything related to Phil Jackson. Soon as Phil retired they fired anyone that had relations with Phil from assistant to video coordinators. I'll believe it when I see that this current Lakers organization will choose to associate themselves anything relating to Phil Jackson
Posted Image

#16 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,425 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 02:28 PM

How is the ball in the Lakers court? They have been blind and oblivious to anything related to Phil Jackson. Soon as Phil retired they fired anyone that had relations with Phil from assistant to video coordinators. I'll believe it when I see that this current Lakers organization will choose to associate themselves anything relating to Phil Jackson

It's no secret that Phil wants to work in the Lakers front office. 

I think this is essentially an ultimatum for the Lakers to bring him in some capacity to the front office.  There's a reason why he hasn't taken other roles with other teams over the last couple of years, it is because the Lakers is the team he wants to work for. 

#17 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,252 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted March 07, 2014 - 02:29 PM

I already heard this story. Its a non story.  Phil is just playing his ego.  The Knicks has almost the same crap as what the Lakers is having right now. Why would Phil want to do anything with the knicks? Unless Phil is going to lure Lebron to the Knicks, why would Phil want to be in the front office of a team that have an uncertainty as much as the lakers have? And they already have a president. James Dolan will never cow tow to Phil.  Dolan wasn't even in the meeting rooms. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#18 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 448 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted March 07, 2014 - 02:35 PM

Phil is playing chess while everyone's playing checkers. This is a power move in the Lakers organization. The Knicks will always be a lost cause and Phil doesn't want to go to a mess like New York, we're a mess too but Lakers are in a better position for free agency and bringing in talent

#19 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted March 07, 2014 - 02:38 PM

I just want the casual fans to shut the hell up about bringing him and players from the last championship run back.

I agree, the chance to have brought him back was when you actually had talent on the floor and some ego's to manage.

PJ should have no business returning because it does create more tying to him, it is like we can't win anymore unless he involved. As a franchise you have to make transitions going forward no matter how rough.

#20 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,997 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 03:39 PM

Re: Phil Jackson/NYK: No secret he wants to work again. He's been clear saying he wants a Riley role. Lets see what role is actually offered

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users