Photo

Stephen A. Smith & Skip Bayless On Lakers Disgrace Against Clippers

SAS Bayless

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 01:49 PM

Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless discuss the Clippers 142-94 victory over the Lakers.

Edited by    , March 08, 2014 - 08:11 PM.

yo.

#2 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,987 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 02:02 PM

Haters

#3 Amatayo

Amatayo

Rookie

• 88 posts
  • Name:Amatayo
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Goudelock

Posted March 07, 2014 - 02:03 PM

It's so stupid when I see these people saying the lakers are no longer the lakers just because of a bad season. When 90 percent of your roster has missed 60 percent of the season your record should look like this, plus this dumb coach. But no worries fire the coach get some guys back and will at least be respectable next year then get some better free agents the next 2 season and where back on the hunt.

Edited by Amatayo, March 07, 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#4 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 02:07 PM

Stephen A's Knicks don't even have a draft pick in this stacked draft, despite all of their losing. To me, that is the disgrace.

#5 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted March 07, 2014 - 02:19 PM

They're over exaggerating, we aren't the Knicks this year, we didn't have much expectations.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#6 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,535 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted March 07, 2014 - 04:25 PM

Omar Epps is a complete idiot

#7 OhBoyNatural

OhBoyNatural

Rookie

• 21 posts
  • Name:Wyt
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie Jones

Posted March 07, 2014 - 05:52 PM

ESPN where hyperbole rules

The Lakers have a plan, losing this year is part of that plan. 

#8 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted March 07, 2014 - 06:01 PM

Stephen A is on point.

Omar Epps is a complete idiot.

Skip is skip

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#9 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 4,748 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 07, 2014 - 11:51 PM

Lakers have a plan. It is a bad plan. overpaying Kobe is one part of it. Also bringing back Nash according to reports.

The ownership/FO is no longer  as respected as before.  And it will be hard to entice big names to come here when in rebuilding phase.

We will probably make the playoffs a few times in the next 5 years.  But all that will do is some first or second round exits.

#10 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,766 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted March 08, 2014 - 12:53 AM

Why was Omar Epps even on 1st Take?  What exactly are his qualifications as a sports analyst...His role as Willie Mays Hayes in Major League 2? 

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#11 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 08, 2014 - 04:54 AM

Lakers have a plan. It is a bad plan. overpaying Kobe is one part of it. Also bringing back Nash according to reports.

The ownership/FO is no longer  as respected as before.  And it will be hard to entice big names to come here when in rebuilding phase.

We will probably make the playoffs a few times in the next 5 years.  But all that will do is some first or second round exits.

Bringing back Nash actually isn't a bad thing if they aren't going to use that cap space next season. While they get more cap room next season, using the stretch provision would spread the ~$9.7 mil owed to him next season throughout 3 seasons. Better to get that out of the way in one season than 3 seasons if they don't need that cap space anyway.

Edited by Japago, March 08, 2014 - 04:56 AM.

Posted Image

#12 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,071 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 08, 2014 - 11:24 AM

People...

Only one franchise in post-Jordan era has had comparable success

Spurs

Now Spurs haven't been bad since 96 or so, BUT they only won 4 titles, in 5 tries

We won 5 in 7 tries but have had more seasons where we weren't legit contenders....and still I prefer being a Lakers fans over a Spurs BY FAR

I cant see why people cant just acknowledge this is the end of a Kobe era, and that we have to get another superstar in order to be Great

People say no body is here to attract FAs

But why did DFwight go to Houston? Harden! Why did Harden? Money!

Why did CP3 go to Clips? Blake...who was drafted to a historically horrible team

This isn't likely a quick turnaround, and if not...so what! We have to go through the process, which includes being bad.

Think about the Clips, who had bad seasons drafted Blake, and that same season he suffered a pre-season injury and was out.

Came back next season, he played really good, then the next season they got Chris, and after a couple seasons they got Doc and filled out the roster.

IT TAKES TIME to transition from eras

Just like Magic to Kobe

Jordan to Rose, Bird to Big 3.

If u cant be patient, go away

#13 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,137 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2014 - 12:33 PM

why did DFwight go to Houston? Harden! Why did Harden? Money!

Why did CP3 go to Clips? Blake...who was drafted to a historically horrible team

This isn't likely a quick turnaround, and if not...so what! We have to go through the process, which includes being bad.

Think about the Clips, who had bad seasons drafted Blake, and that same season he suffered a pre-season injury and was out.

Came back next season, he played really good, then the next season they got Chris, and after a couple seasons they got Doc and filled out the roster.

Just like Magic to Kobe

Dwight could of stayed with us and make more money so he didn't leave because of money... and CP3 wanted to play in a bigger market with other star players I wouldn't say it was because of money so im not sure what ur trying to say...

I think you got it wrong in thinking that fans cant be patient and wait to rebuild. I would assume that fans could understand having to go through a transitional period but in going through all that the team management have showed many flaws in the last few years since Phil left and Jim Buss took over. We aren't just going through a transitional period bro we are going through the worst season in all of Lakers history and its embarrassing. We have made some noticeable falls in the standings the last few years especially when they decided to hire D'Antoni from barely making a 7th seed to the worst team in the west. So all in all the management is showing at this moment that for us to be back is going to take much longer than you would expect.  

Posted Image

#14 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,287 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 08, 2014 - 09:22 PM

People can have opinions without you commanding them to go away.

Take the foot off the gas a bit there.

Re-building in the past and re-building now are totally different things. You do acknowledge it can take a while, but I think it's gonna take far longer than most think. Curious to see if this boundless patience with a myriad of terrible decisions continues after an increasing number of futile seasons.

Harder cap to negotiate, perception of the Lakers has changed amongst players, trades are more difficult, no Phil, Shaq, Kobe or Jerry West to get things going again this time. And above all the team is run by a guy with a big time lack of experience.

#15 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted March 08, 2014 - 09:29 PM

I am actually curious to see how SA will rebuild, and how bad if even it will be post Duncan. Ginobili isn't a factor, Parker can't put a playoff team in contention by himself, probably most of all is I don't see Pop sticking around to help rebuild. Bulls were ugly rebuilding, NYK enough said post Ewing, Celtics were terrible to just average for 20 years post Bird. It happens, to be honest 1996 was a miracle year for this organization.

Edited by Ven, March 08, 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#16 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,071 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 09:36 PM

It will take as long as it takes

#17 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,071 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 09:41 PM

Mitch has a ton of experience.

Jim is not fresh off the cow lick.

Fear is the enemy of logic.

#18 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,081 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 08, 2014 - 09:42 PM

I can fonk with this

People...

Only one franchise in post-Jordan era has had comparable success

Spurs

Now Spurs haven't been bad since 96 or so, BUT they only won 4 titles, in 5 tries

We won 5 in 7 tries but have had more seasons where we weren't legit contenders....and still I prefer being a Lakers fans over a Spurs BY FAR

I cant see why people cant just acknowledge this is the end of a Kobe era, and that we have to get another superstar in order to be Great

People say no body is here to attract FAs

But why did DFwight go to Houston? Harden! Why did Harden? Money!

Just like Magic to Kobe

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#19 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,287 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 08, 2014 - 09:43 PM

Jim is a babe in the woods and he is hovering over Mitch far too much thinking that's how you own a team.

I know if I say the sky is blue you will say its red.

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 09:52 PM

It will take as long as it takes

post-28553-Steve-Jobs-mind-blown-gif-HD-

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users