MDA fans boycott

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,513 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 07, 2014 - 12:53 PM

If all Lakers fans boycott and never watch another game Lakers would still be top 3 highest TV ratings in the NBA. Its others teams fans that love to hate the Lakers that push the ratings. They hate em, but always wanna watch.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#42 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,216 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 07, 2014 - 01:04 PM

Not really.  Maybe if a healthy great Kobe was playing but the NBA has bumped the Lakers 3 times this year I believe b/c no one is interested in watching them get beat by 25-30 with their best scorer being Nick Young.

If all Lakers fans boycott and never watch another game Lakers would still be top 3 highest TV ratings in the NBA. Its others teams fans that love to hate the Lakers that push the ratings. They hate em, but always wanna watch.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#43 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,249 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted March 07, 2014 - 01:05 PM

It is really hard to boycott anything. It rarely works and I know that. However, it happened with the Dodgers with Frank McCourt and it can happen with the Lakers.  Obviously Jim Buss will be the owner no matter what unless he just wakes up one  day and say "F this, Im going back to owning horses, here Jeanie its yours. "  but that will NEVER happen because that is Dr Buss wishes. The only thing we can do is get rid of MDA and almost everybody wants to. He is not the main reason why the laker suck but having him be part of this oranization is not a good thing. Lakers need to show the fans that they are willing to do WHATEVER it takes to win.  By having MDA back next year and "hope" that there is no injuries and "hope" that some lottery draft rookie and Kobe plays well, it shows me Lakers have no idea what they doing. MDA system sucks. I dont know why people think its good. It never was. The Phoenix years was a mirage! Steve Nash was playing out of his mind and still they couldn't win a chip.  Amare Staudamire was playing out of his mind then he went to New York and stink it up even under MDA.  It shows that the "system" MDA uses sucks and it is because of a 20 something year old Steve Nash really help MDA career. Not the other way around.

So it doesn't matter what players we get, if MDA is still the coach, the lakers will suck no matter what.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#44 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,956 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 07, 2014 - 02:11 PM

Uhm, lemme see......How about [expletive]ing Incompetence?

Bro, I notice you always talk big around here like you're sitting from some different vantage point than the rest of us, somehow to you D'antoni ain't that bad and Jimmy is who we need to move this organization forward.

Why don't you stop being condescending and explain what it is you see that me or any other person who thinks like me doesn't?

Two paragraphs or less please.

Jerry chose D'anni over Phil.

So what terrible and worthy of being fired did Jim do? Without hindsight BS and viewing it from a GM standpoint.

Edited by Majesty, March 07, 2014 - 02:12 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#45 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 07, 2014 - 02:23 PM

Jerry chose D'anni over Phil.

So what terrible and worthy of being fired did Jim do? Without hindsight BS and viewing it from a GM standpoint.

I don't believe that for a second , you don't almost hire Phil Jackson because you were gonna hire D'antoni right off the batt anyway, that doesn't even make sense man.

Jimmy panicked , and he's using "Dad wanted Showtime back" as a lampshade for Jerry supposedly choosing Mike, which is ridiculous , even with how stubborn Jerry was towards Phil  he knew who  his go to guy was if he was trying to put out a win now product on the floor, strictly speaking from a last year perspective.

I'm sorry I just don't buy that Jerry Buss wanted Mike D'antoni over Phil Jackson to coach that star studded squad.

Edited by RickyStarFox, March 07, 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#46 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 900 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted March 07, 2014 - 02:28 PM

I agree with the boycott.

#47 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted March 07, 2014 - 03:21 PM

My Raiders will be bad, Lakers will be bad. Please don't have a collapse Dodgers....

#48 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,956 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 04:44 PM

I don't believe that for a second , you don't almost hire Phil Jackson because you were gonna hire D'antoni right off the batt anyway, that doesn't even make sense man.

Jimmy panicked , and he's using "Dad wanted Showtime back" as a lampshade for Jerry supposedly choosing Mike, which is ridiculous , even with how stubborn Jerry was towards Phil he knew who his go to guy was if he was trying to put out a win now product on the floor, strictly speaking from a last year perspective.

I'm sorry I just don't buy that Jerry Buss wanted Mike D'antoni over Phil Jackson to coach that star studded squad.

Jim has said it, Mitch has said it, Phil has said it. You only don't believe it because you want to hold on to a reason to hate Jim Buss no matter how often its refuted.

Jerry chose D'antoni over Phil. Phil even said Jim seemed excited about the prospect and he thinks Jerry superceded it.

Jim and Mitch have also said this. Jerry picked D'antoni.

It didn't not happen because you refuse to believe everyone involved that it actually happened to.

#49 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Rookie

• 1,363 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 07, 2014 - 05:01 PM

This just in! No one is perfect. That includes Jerry.

#50 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,956 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 05:58 PM

This just in! No one is perfect. That includes Jerry.

Everyone's perfect once the Lakers no longer have them.  

Phil is the perfect team president.

Shaw is the perfect next coach.

Jerry West was the perfect GM.  

See a pattern? 

#51 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,768 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted March 07, 2014 - 11:46 PM

I stated in another thread a few weeks back that I wouldn't watch a single Laker game next year if Pringles is still on the sideline.  My thoughts on that matter haven't changed...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#52 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,249 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted March 10, 2014 - 09:08 AM

Did you guys make your sign yet?  I am almost done with mine.  I hope I wont have to use it. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#53 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,393 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 11, 2014 - 03:18 AM

Trust me, if this continues for say , another two years , I  think you'll see a large dip in ticket sails.

Especially if the Clips win a ring in the next couple years.

Small probably, not large...at least season seats.

Secondary market will for sure see lower prices. But even if lakers season tickets renewal runs in the low 90% for next season (its usually in the high 90's), theres a waiting list in the 1000's from what im told

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...injured game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#54 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,956 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 03:19 AM

If Kobe plays games will continue to sell out no matter if he's coach or not.  

Kobe playing > D'antoni coaching in the minds of the majority fans that buy their tickets home and away and it's not close.  

That petition is going to do nada vs this man

101413-Kobe.jpg

Edited by Majesty, March 11, 2014 - 03:20 AM.

#55 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,138 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 11, 2014 - 08:32 AM

At this point in Kobe's career, losing will become tiring fast.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#56 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,956 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 10:41 AM

At this point in Kobe's career, losing will become tiring fast.

You underestimate the power of fans wanting to see Kobe play his final 2 years. 

#57 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,425 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 11, 2014 - 10:43 AM

Kobe's final 2 years will be nowhere near the Kobe we once knew.

The novelty of seeing Kobe play at all before he goes will have an effect, but in the grand scheme losing or winning trumps everything.

#58 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,393 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 11, 2014 - 01:44 PM

Kobe's final 2 years will be nowhere near the Kobe we once knew.

The novelty of seeing Kobe play at all before he goes will have an effect, but in the grand scheme losing or winning trumps everything.

I fear this is likely as well.

But im hoping for possibly all star level (deserved not lifetime achievement vote).

The good news is that he was playing at such a damn high level before the injury we got spoiled and thought he'd last forever or close to it

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...injured game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#59 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,216 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 11, 2014 - 01:46 PM

if MItch is dumb enough to bring MDa back = start boycott for both of them.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#60 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,163 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 11, 2014 - 02:55 PM

I hope someone gets fired, bc I see no good candidates and who will we draft /sign

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MDA, fans, boycott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users