60 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted March 07, 2014 - 06:48 AM

I am never into boycotting anything especially against a sports team I bleed for all my life but if for some reason MDA is back next year even for a small portion, I want the fans to speak up and boycott like they did with Frank McCourt. As the #1 Clipper hater that was what broke the camels back for me.  I have never seen the day that this proud franchise lose like this to any team let alone the Clippers.   Would you guys not buy tickets to the game or any Lakers stuff?  Jeanie is in the business side of things and if we hit it where it hurts and the business side of the Lakers became damaged, that is when Jeanie will do something about it. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,641 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 07, 2014 - 07:43 AM

No. And any attempt to do so isn't even going to make a dent from a forum.

Much like the IWCs attempts to 'sabotage' Raw, it ultimately changes nothing because we probably take up about 10 seats at a Lakers game a few times a year.

Wouldn't accomplish anything.

Edited by Majesty, March 07, 2014 - 07:45 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,919 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 07, 2014 - 07:44 AM

Especially not if Kobe plays and we have a top 5 pick. 

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#4 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,641 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 07:45 AM

Especially not if Kobe plays and we have a top 5 pick.

#5 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,764 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted March 07, 2014 - 08:40 AM

The fact of the matter is that MDA shouldn't be back.  He is not condusive to winning and team chemistry.  He has aliented the fans and many of his own players.  The sooner he is gone, the sooner the FO can demonstrate that they are dedicated to winning and getting better.  Last night was an embarrassment, and it's funny.  Brown gets s canned after a six games, MDA gets nearly two seasons to demonstrate his incompetence, and yet he still survives.  Maybe I am in a bizarro world where the Lakers are the Clippers and the Clippers are the Lakers.

#6 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:02 AM

A few more national embarrassments like last night and no one will have to boycott anything.

Last nights debacle has the Lakers trending heavy in social media and the news and in the worst way possible. Everyone in the FO is feeling the sting today.

#7 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,166 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:06 AM

Folks were on 710 saying they would bot support the Lakers in any way if this same product is pit on the court next season. Ticket prices are already dropping. The Buss got that big deal from TW, but if folk stop paying, you never know. It's way to many die hard Laker fans who will go down with the ship and will buy them court side tickets if they dip down a bit. Hell, I know I would. Rub elbows with Jack saying, I got my ticket for a dub, sup. Lol
Posted Image

#8 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,641 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:12 AM

Yet and still the Lakers are the 3rd biggest draw on the road. 

A few callers in to 710 won't change that. 

Keep in mind the Lakers are the 3rd biggest draw on the road under these circumstances

1. Lottery team
2. Without Kobe Bryant 

next year they'll have Kobe who fills arenas on his own. 

The 710 martyrs wouldn't make the organization blink as the kids that really don't care about the specifics of the front office will want to see Kobe and their parents will take them and those tickets will be bought. 

#9 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,550 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:24 AM

One bad season and we want to boycott the team lol. Lakers fans: welcome to the world of the 90% of other teams across sports. There are going to be down years, just take your licks and hope next season is better. 

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,641 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:25 AM

One bad season and we want to boycott the team lol. 

tumblr_lhv7qvgRSW1qzsbevo1_500.gif

Edited by Majesty, March 07, 2014 - 09:26 AM.

#11 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,846 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:29 AM

We are an establishment.

i would love to pull up all the " I would love the Lakers even if they sucked" posts from 2008-2010

Or "Mitch is a genius" posts from 2010-2012

We happened to be at our worse in the draft class that seems to be as good as anyone in the past 10-20 seasons and we happen to keep this draft pick out of all that we threw away.

Embrace the journey. One bad season, and last season which was a "black cloud" season , very similar to the Karl Malone, Kobe rape case year. Next year might be similar to the year Phil came back, and we made the playoffs and ALMOST upset D'Antoni's Suns( who didn't have Amare)

#12 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Rookie

• 758 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:30 AM

You guys are crying about D'antoni, Jim Buss needs to go with him.

#13 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,846 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:30 AM

I am never into boycotting anything especially against a sports team I bleed for all my life but if for some reason MDA is back next year even for a small portion, I want the fans to speak up and boycott like they did with Frank McCourt. As the #1 Clipper hater that was what broke the camels back for me.  I have never seen the day that this proud franchise lose like this to any team let alone the Clippers.   Would you guys not buy tickets to the game or any Lakers stuff?  Jeanie is in the business side of things and if we hit it where it hurts and the business side of the Lakers became damaged, that is when Jeanie will do something about it. 

:facepalm: 

#14 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:44 AM

One bad season and we want to boycott the team lol. Lakers fans: welcome to the world of the 90% of other teams across sports. There are going to be down years, just take your licks and hope next season is better. 

It would actually be two bad seasons, and a roster that has no chance of winning being put on the floor being led by a coach that has no business coaching an NBA team.  Keep drinking that Kool-Aid that this is all sort of some master plan and not what it actually is, the front office completely crapping the bed.

#15 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,846 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:44 AM

You guys are crying about D'antoni, Jim Buss needs to go with him.

why. for hiring a bad coach, the owner NEEDS to go.

Is Donald Sterling a great owner now?

No, he got Blake, which brought Chris and DeAndre fits that duo perfectly

Now, perhaps Jim will get Wiggins or whomever and we'll be a similar trajectory

This " Jim Buss" stuff is so [expletive]ing dumb. NO ONE will be Jerry Buss. NO ONE. 

Jim drafted Bynum, hence his reign began before Jerry died and before we got out chips. I NEVER heard complaints from Phil when here that he couldn't get the pieces. Or we were cheap. 

I dont get why an owner is even being discussed.

Instead of looking squarely at Kobe 1st and seeing him being passed by leBron , Durant and now others as a player, and accepting the end of an era

Why must we act like its something else? 

GS has Klay Thompson and Curry. We don't

Clippers have a good trio, we don't

Kobe, Blake, Nash ( completely healthy) Nick Young---that would hav been an interesting group to add some of this young talent around , and maybe if we had flipped some pieces into a defensive rebounding PF, we could have had something

We're ending an era..the 2000s were ours...Now its leBron and Durant these guys era

And right around NOW 2014-2015 we will be officially preparing for the 2020s... We didnt much in the 90s, if you recall. Not by "Laker standards"

The reason I kind of want Melo, is if we are Too young we will suck next year and not get a draft pick

i look at Melo, Kobe, draft pick, Wes, Marshall, farmar, baze, Xavier and defensive bigs as a viable playoff team next year and depending on the draft pick and bigs, maybe a good playoff team.

#16 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Rookie

• 758 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:48 AM

why. for hiring a bad coach, the owner NEEDS to go.

Is Donald Sterling a great owner now?

No, he got Blake, which brought Chris and DeAndre fits that duo perfectly

Now, perhaps Jim will get Wiggins or whomever and we'll be a similar trajectory

This " Jim Buss" stuff is so [expletive]ing dumb. NO ONE will be Jerry Buss. NO ONE. 

Jim drafted Bynum, hence his reign began before Jerry died and before we got out chips. I NEVER heard complaints from Phil when here that he couldn't get the pieces. Or we were cheap. 

I dont get why an owner is even being discussed.

Instead of looking squarely at Kobe 1st and seeing him being passed by leBron , Durant and now others as a player, and accepting the end of an era

Why must we act like its something else? 

GS has Klay Thompson and Curry. We don't

Clippers have a good trio, we don't

Kobe, Blake, Nash ( completely healthy) Nick Young---that would hav been an interesting group to add some of this young talent around , and maybe if we had flipped some pieces into a defensive rebounding PF, we could have had something

We're ending an era..the 2000s were ours...Now its leBron and Durant these guys era

And right around NOW 2014-2015 we will be officially preparing for the 2020s... We didnt much in the 90s, if you recall. Not by "Laker standards"

The reason I kind of want Melo, is if we are Too young we will suck next year and not get a draft pick

i look at Melo, Kobe, draft pick, Wes, Marshall, farmar, baze, Xavier and defensive bigs as a viable playoff team next year and depending on the draft pick and bigs, maybe a good playoff team.

Never said he needs to be bro, but we sure don't need another Dolan on our hands.

Maybe too late though.  ([expletive] they're both named James! [expletive]!)

Anyway IQ,  I hope you enjoy your current Head of  Bball operations and Coach as much you seem to.

#17 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,550 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:49 AM

It would actually be two bad seasons, and a roster that has no chance of winning being put on the floor being led by a coach that has no business coaching an NBA team.  Keep drinking that Kool-Aid that this is all sort of some master plan and not what it actually is, the front office completely crapping the bed.

What the hell lol, I never said this is some kind of master plan. I pretty clearly stated that we just suck. "There are going to be down years, just take your licks and hope next season is better."

#18 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,846 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:50 AM

smh

Thats the anger a fan, 

1) Current contracts- Kobe's 30, Pau's 19, Blake's that had to be removed and Ron's that had to be amnestied were HURT by new CBA

Made it tough to make any improvements. 

They got out of some contracts by sacrificing draft picks, that were low at the time

Got old quick, tried to add Dwight to group of Pau, Kobe, Metta and Nash and  Blake ...reason being Odom and Bynum fizzled out earlier than projected for various reasons

those first rounders we gave away in trades are here today in the form of Wes, Brooks, Bazemore, Xavier and Hill

If you dont get a STAR, you dont get nothing and this year we are in position to allegedly get a star

#19 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,846 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:52 AM

Never said he needs to be bro, but we sure don't need another Dolan on our hands.

Maybe too late though.  ([expletive] they're both named James! [expletive]!)

Anyway IQ,  I hope you enjoy your current Head of  Bball operations and Coach as much you seem to.

What does he have in common with dolan?

that Stephen A SSmith talks about them on First Take as " need to go"

I'm done

#20 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Rookie

• 758 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:58 AM

What does he have in common with dolan?

that Stephen A SSmith talks about them on First Take as " need to go"

I'm done

Uhm, lemme see......How about [expletive]ing Incompetence?

Bro, I notice  you always talk big around here like you're sitting from some different vantage point than the rest of us, somehow to you D'antoni ain't that bad and Jimmy is who we need to move this organization forward.

Why don't you stop being condescending and explain what it is you see that me or any other person who thinks like me doesn't?

Two paragraphs or less please.

Edited by RickyStarFox, March 07, 2014 - 10:03 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MDA, fans, boycott

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users