Post D'Antoni Term

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 03:22 AM

How do you want it to be handled? It's no brainer after Clippers loss, he's pretty much done here. He might not have all the blame (eventhough some do think so), but we need a fresh face to represent the team. And a complete new roster. No ifs and buts. I definitely don't want to see 1-year deals being the characters of the team anymore. Bring in the coach first, get Kobe to pour his brain into this thing and shape the future team

a. New coach

b. New players

c. New direction

If we want to be a winning team again, by Lakers standards, those 3 things should be handled this summer.

Discuss.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,131 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 07, 2014 - 03:28 AM

if Kobe was shaping the future Gasol would be here on another 2 year deal and Fisher and Metta would be back. 

Edited by Majesty, March 07, 2014 - 03:28 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,356 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted March 07, 2014 - 03:29 AM

list of potential coaches

JVG!

Doug Collins

Byron Scott

Kurt Rambis

George Karl

New players: We need to draft first I see Kaman, Meeks, Brooks, possibly Nick Young, Gasol Hill all gone!

New Direction: We need to buy Defense

#4 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,131 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 03:38 AM

JVG!

Doug Collins

Byron Scott

Kurt Rambis

George Karl

New players: We need to draft first I see Kaman, Meeks, Brooks, possibly Nick Young, Gasol Hill all gone!

if you want defense you'll need the personnel.  You're not Jesus with defensive assistant Tom Thibs isn't going to get better defense out of this team if personnel remains the same at the 4/5 combination. 

First thing to do imo. 

Start working on your personnel at the draft. 

Meeks, Gasol, Kaman, Farmar are not going to be here next year.   

Try to trade as much of them as you can at the Draft in S&T deals to see if you can get a late first round or middle 2nd round pick for some. 

Draft a defensive presence that fixes the rest of them that is also gonna save you money in the free agent market. 

Assume you have defense at the 2/3 covered, draft a 1 that can play defense, score and pass.     

Draft a big that can play defense with your late first round, mid 2nd round pick. 

After signing the two rookies look at who you haven't sign and traded at the draft and let them go or re-sign them as trade deadline fodder. 

Search free agency to fill any holes that are still weak on the team front.  Don't overpay. 

Front office should spend more money on facility improvements and staffing on the medical front so that Vitti and Seto aren't doing all the work.  

Enter next season preparing at worst to miss the playoffs again, at best being a 6-8th seed. 

Endure fan complaints about your team having no direction as you enter the 2015 free agency. 

Hire Carls, Thibs, or Scott, or a unknown coach that has a philosophy you want to go with or that fits with your plan. 

Make a move in 2015 that makes them up everyone complaining now and makes people flood back to the forums like they always believed and talking trash once more while you sit back and shake your head while quoting every nasty thing they said about your organization and doubting your ability to do your job while being arm-char GMs and have an admin sticky it waiting for signatures of apology from the fans that doubted you. 

Edited by Majesty, March 07, 2014 - 03:41 AM.

#5 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,565 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted March 07, 2014 - 04:33 AM

Fire D'Antoni, Kobe retire, hope our draft pick is able to develop into an all-star caliber player and build a new team from scratch.

The Lakers were like the leg lamp from A Christmas Story. They were something to behold...and then they hired MDA, struggled with injuries and barely made the playoffs, Kobe suffered what in my opinion looks like a career ending injury, Dwight left, Nash has played 10 games. The team crumbled, and ownership "used up allllll the glue" (aka money; the thing that could give us a shot at rebuilding) on Kobe's fat contract.

It's going to take a while (by Lakers standards) to recover from this mess. So much went wrong

#6 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,778 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 07, 2014 - 05:11 AM

Not sure why guys want Kobe to have any input on the Lakers future...once he took a 2 year pretty 48M we knew where his head was.

if Kobe was shaping the future Gasol would be here on another 2 year deal and Fisher and Metta would be back. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#7 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 863 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted March 07, 2014 - 05:12 AM

We get a rim protector. That's our biggest input.

Keep Kobe out of it; he's too biased towards players that won him titles.

#8 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,778 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 05:14 AM

None of these coaches need to be considered except maybe JVG but even then what has he done that makes him so great? He talks a good deal about bball issues on tv but in the end is he some genius can't miss coach?  Not really

JVG!

Doug Collins

Byron Scott

Kurt Rambis

George Karl

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#9 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 863 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted March 07, 2014 - 05:15 AM

Not sure why guys want Kobe to have any input on the Lakers future...once he took a 2 year pretty 48M we knew where his head was.

Per the CBA, I don't think he could have taken a whole lot less. It's not like he asked for more money, he just accepted the only offer we gave him.

#10 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,778 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 05:28 AM

I don't fault him for taking the offer.  What I do take issue with is guys thinking Kobe has a handle on teambuilding which he doesn't (not saying you personally).  It's speaks to one thing, Kobe still thinks he's an elite player top 3-4 player and that he can probably win another ring with the likes of Gasol as his 2nd best player.  Kobe was the first person to endorse MDA, but guys conveniently forget that lol.  The least he could have taken on an extension was 18M.  That 5M next year and 7M in 2015 could go a long way.

Per the CBA, I don't think he could have taken a whole lot less. It's not like he asked for more money, he just accepted the only offer we gave him.

#11 martin90

martin90

Rookie

• 455 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 07, 2014 - 06:12 AM

new coach and new direction by the FO.

#12 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted March 07, 2014 - 06:42 AM

How do you want it to be handled? It's no brainer after Clippers loss, he's pretty much done here.

I

Discuss.

Why is it a no brainer?  It was a no brainer that he should've been fired a long time ago but the front office love this guy for some reason.  YOu guys need to wake up. I dont know what kind of spell MDA have for the front office but apparently the Lakers wont budge to get rid of this guy.  All I hear are excuses for this fool. Injuries, not his fault this time,  lack of talent.   ENOUGH!!!  MDA is a virus that needs to be destroyed. Sadly I am afraid he might be back next year.  The worst lost in franchise history, the worst roster in franchise history and might be the worst coach in franchise history.  I am sick and tired of having to watch this crap especially when I am the number one clipper hater and they just bend my team over and do their thing on this proud franchise.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#13 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,787 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 07, 2014 - 07:15 AM

Make a move in 2015 that makes them up everyone complaining now and makes people flood back to the forums like they always believed and talking trash once more while you sit back and shake your head while quoting every nasty thing they said about your organization and doubting your ability to do your job while being arm-char GMs and have an admin sticky it waiting for signatures of apology from the fans that doubted you. 

You ever gonna acknowledge the FO's colossal mistakes?  Or just continue to act like its all part of a grand plan and just an anticipated dip in the road?  I suppose you think ObamaCare is a success too?

#14 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,384 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted March 07, 2014 - 07:42 AM

You ever gonna acknowledge the FO's colossal mistakes?  Or just continue to act like its all part of a grand plan and just an anticipated dip in the road?  I suppose you think ObamaCare is a success too?

He did I think. Wade brought reason in that thread
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#15 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 07:48 AM

Kobe is the best basketball mind since Larry Bird. People are still doubting him ~_~

Fat contract or not, we have a lot of chance to make up for what we lack. Gerald Green today overcame KD/Westbook's 30 point barrage each. Poınt is, there will always be talent in NBA and whoever can mesh that talent has the most chance to become the champ. '09 and '10 Lakers are prime example of that. We just need to do it again. Establish that winning attitude.

#16 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,131 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 07:55 AM

You'll need personnel. All the winning attitude in the world will amount to diddily if the personnel doesn't match up.

Take Noah and Butler away from the Bulls and leave dunleavy and boozer and suddenly they aren't a defensive grind it out team anymore.

#17 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,565 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted March 07, 2014 - 07:55 AM

Best basketball mind in a 36-year old injured body doesn't do us much good.

And I don't say that easily. Kobe is my favorite player. Ever. But he's gonna be 36 next season coming off an extremely significant injury and a fractured knee, yet he'll be making more than anyone in the league. That's just plain stupid, there's no justifying that contract anymore it's ridiculous.

I'm afraid Kobe's career is not going to end well. The last thing I want to see is him struggle through losing seasons with sub-par talent while battling to stay healthy, yet that's exactly the course he seems to be on unfortunately. 

Edited by Jay Cee, March 07, 2014 - 08:04 AM.

#18 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,492 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 08:46 AM

My number one pick would be George Karl and I wouldn't mind seeing what Stan Van Gundy has to offer. I think he did a great job in Orlando.

#19 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,122 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:35 AM

For the first time since I was 5. I doubt Kobe Bryant. Whoa

#20 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,207 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:38 AM

This

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users