Sugg

• 1,283 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted March 06, 2014 - 10:31 PM

Trailer

Video Highlights Next-Gen Environments

Our new “Discover the Dragon Age” video highlights only some of the locations you can choose to visit during your adventure. Each area in the video has its own realistic ecosystem with predators, prey, factions, and opportunities to expand your Inquisition.

The world’s population is based on an emergent system that adjusts what you’ll encounter based on how your actions tip the balance in the area. You’ll see towns attacked by bandits, deer fleeing from wolves, giants feeding on bears, and countless other scenarios.

Gameplay

Edited by Bjork, March 06, 2014 - 10:34 PM.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,727 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 06, 2014 - 11:44 PM

Spoiler

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,283 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 12:03 AM

Spoiler

She isn't playable tho. which sucks

#4 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted March 07, 2014 - 12:35 AM

I just wish my warden and his wife Morrigan would appear in the game. I'd probably cry. 

#5 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,283 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 12:38 AM

I just wish my warden and his wife Morrigan would appear in the game. I'd probably cry. 

Hero from first game will appear so is morrigan. both not playable tho

#6 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:02 AM

Can't wait for this game. Loved both the first and second even though they were pretty different.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#7 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,737 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 07, 2014 - 10:17 AM

how is this compared to oblivion? might give it a look

2div

#8 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 11:12 AM

^^^ It is much more of an rpg game than Oblivion. A lot more story elements going on in the dragon age universe. The best way to try and describe it would be a fantasy medieval mass effect. I am a big fan of the series, but that is because I like this style of game with different choices and making your own mark on a game.

#9 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,737 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 07, 2014 - 11:13 AM

Awesome, played and absolutely loved the first 2 Mass Effect games. 

officially adding this to the list of games to try!

2div

#10 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,283 posts

Posted March 27, 2014 - 08:45 PM

Dragon Age: Inquisition has 40 endings, five major areas – rumour

Dragon Age: Inquisition details have allegedly been harvested from an early copy of an upcoming issue of OXM, with lots of new intel to pore over.

dragon_age_inquisition_21.jpg

BioWare Forums user claims to have scored the magazine early, and posted an info dump of their findings. As we haven’t seen the issue ourselves, we have to flag this as unconfirmed for now – but it doesn’t look too shady.

According to our eager magazine reading beaver, Inquisition contains five major regions: Ferelden, The Free Marches, Orlais, Nevarra and the Dales. Sub-locations included a warzone in Orlais and an elven burial ground known as the Emerald Graves, which is where the Dalish Elves planted a tree for each soldier killed in the Exalted Marches.

Players can “drastically” influence environments by establishing trade routes, capturing territory and disrupting ecosystems; this was mentioned in the context of enemies not scaling to character levels, so perhaps players can return to older zones and find new challenges as a result of their activities.

Wildlife and flora play a more important role than simply providing random enemy spawns an crafting sources, too; you can drive species to extinction, resulting in the aforementioned ecosystem disruption, and defeating sentient enemies like dragons and bandits can have profound knock-on effects.

There won’t be any DLC companions this time around, to avoid the minefield of on-disc DLC.Of the companions that are available, Solas is an apostate and an expert on the Fade; the Iron Bull is “a one-eyed mercenary and outcast from the Qunari faith”; and Sera is an elven archer.

BioWare’s David Gaider gave detail on dialogue wheels, of which there are three. The tone wheel is for role-playing only; the choice wheel is for taking action or committing to an opinion; and the reaction wheel is for emotional moments – presumably, romances.

Speaking of dialogue, there will be four Inquisitor voices, with two for each gender. There won’t be individual voices for the various races, but BioWare is experimenting with giving players pitch customisation controls.

Although players will customise their character, as in Dragon Age: Origins, all character will experience the same origin story in the prologue: the Inquisitor is the sole survivor of an event that results in Fade tears opening throughout the world. Appearance, dialogue and class choices made during this section will build out the character’s background, but one skill – the ability to close Fade tears – will be universal.

There will be 40 possible endings, apparently, affected both by initial character creation and choices in game. BioWare said these endings will be meaningfully different, not just host minor variations.

Two other miscellaneous bits of info surfaced: armour will not be class specific, instead employing a fatigue system, and there will be a jar of bees throwable combat item.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is coming to PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in northern autumn. We’re expecting Alistair to turn up, maybe.

Edited by Bjork, March 27, 2014 - 08:46 PM.

#11 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 27, 2014 - 08:56 PM

doi have to play the first 2 to strt this

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,727 posts

Posted March 27, 2014 - 09:16 PM

See I want to be able to transfer my game save from DA2 to this game but idk if I can do that if it's gonna be next gen only.  Wonder if there will be a way. 

#13 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts

Posted March 28, 2014 - 12:20 PM

doi have to play the first 2 to strt this

Naa you should be good with just this. It wouldn't hurt to look up lore from the first two just to get the plot, but this is a new protagonist and I am sure the story is standalone in most aspects.

See I want to be able to transfer my game save from DA2 to this game but idk if I can do that if it's gonna be next gen only.  Wonder if there will be a way. 

Well it is gonna be on both gen I believe. In the attempt to make your save roll over if you play the new one on the new gen maybe they would allow you to upload a save from you account on last gen and then download said file and use it like that, but I really doubt they go to that length. My best guess they do what ME did when it came to PS you get a little interactive comic which gives you some key choices and from there they basically can reconstruct what you did. Now the real question would be how much would the first two game choices even impact this game? I don't know.

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,727 posts

Posted March 29, 2014 - 03:21 AM

Would be nice, I did like the extra dialogue I got from people(Isabella included) in game 2 if I did certain things in game 1 =p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users