Hoverboard

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 05, 2014 - 07:57 AM

Doc Brown from Back to the Future, showing off "hoverboard" technology.

While it's clear the fake demonstration is promoting something, no one really seems to know what. Some have speculated it's for a movie.
If you’re looking for a well-crafted but ultimately very fake video about hoverboard technology featuring Moby, Terrell Owens, Tony Hawk and Dr. Emmett Brown himself, today is your lucky day. The video above is exactly what I’ve described, featuring a weird cast of cameos and what appears to be a fake tech team powering everything, plus a soundtrack with Chromeo and Best Coast. Also there’s a Mark Cuban endorsement to complete the strange assembly.

The tagline is that the “Future Has Arrived,” when in fact it hasn’t. Aside from being a clear (though still technically impressive) fake, the website for this demo and fake company also shows a counter with December 2014 as the projected “destination time” for whatever’s going on here.

UPDATE: So there’s actually more and it involves Billy Zane (he was a bully in Back to the Future, in case you lack in the Zane brain department), plus technobabble nonsense about how the fake hoverboards work. Some are speculating this could be a teaser for Back To The Future 4, so let’s all pray that’s the case.

I hope this is for a new B2TF movie.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 WZRD

WZRD

The Underachiever

• 1,760 posts
  • Fan Since:mid 90's
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 05, 2014 - 09:14 AM

Cool video, but please don't make a fourth or reboot it - let classics stay classics

zombie

#3 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,457 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted March 05, 2014 - 11:58 AM

Could also be a Nike promotion.  The Nike Air Mags are expected to drop 2015 also. 

tinker-hatfield-nike-mag.jpg

nike-mag.jpg

During an appearance at the Jordan Brand's Flight Lab space in New Orleans earlier today, designer Tinker Hatfield was asked about the possibility of seeing power lacing next year, and his answer may surprise you. "Are we gonna see power laces in 2015? To that, I say YES!" said Hatfield.

Read More

Posted Image

#4 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,883 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 05, 2014 - 07:50 PM

Absolutely nothing to do with a 4th film.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users