Photo

Kareem Offended By LeBron's Mt. Rushmore, Says Wilt Chamberlain Would Crush Today's Big Men; Kareem Would Like To Own An NBA Team

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

• 40,395 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 05:29 PM

According to the Salt Lake Tribune, Bill Russell wasn’t the only past NBA star who felt offended, Kareem Abdul Jabbar did as well.

“It’s impossible,” he said of picking just four players. “I don’t know what LeBron was thinking. He didn’t even see Bill Russell play. He has no idea what Bill Russell did. Eleven championships in 13 years? Eight in a row? LeBron isn’t going to get anywhere near that. I don’t get it. And here he didn’t want Bill Russell on his Rushmore. I think today’s players have a very limited perspective on the game.”

“LeBron has to re-think that,” he added. “He needs to go and do some research and watch some old film, and hopefully he’ll be impressed.”

“I don’t think any of the big men playing today could have coped with the big men of that era,” he said. “Wilt Chamberlain would have crushed those guys.”

abdul-jabbar.jpeg

Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2014/03/kareem-wilt-chamberlain-would-crush-todays-big-men/#uvtuK3Mv8lLy21Up.99

Kareem Would Like To Own An NBA Team

“Being involved in the business of basketball is something I wouldn’t shy away from,” Abdul-Jabbar said in an exclusive interview with the Milwaukee Business Journal. “But it would have to be a good situation for me. It would depend totally on what the situation was.”

“Something where I had some equity in the team, so that what I would get an opportunity to benefit from it,” he said.

If Abdul-Jabbar does invest in an NBA team, he said he would want to play a role in setting a team’s direction.

“Oh yeah, I’d have to have some say,” he told me. “I wouldn’t have to have all of it.”

“The whole thing about success in professional sports has a lot to do with luck, but you’ve got to put yourself in a position to get lucky,” Abdul-Jabbar said.

kareem_abdul_jabbar.jpg

Read more at http://blacksportson...ihYly2Q2zKKo.99

Edited by    , March 04, 2014 - 05:33 PM.

yo.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,641 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 04, 2014 - 06:01 PM

He's right on all aspects.   

Why does this feel like a storyline for LeBron to LA.  All the veterans talking about him, saying what he won't do, now Kareem has come out saying he won't get anywhere near that.   

I don't like LeBron in the slightest but if I was scripting a TV series it would be leading to that. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 04, 2014 - 06:04 PM

this is why when lebron opens his mouth he comes across as very ignorant historically to basketball

#4 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,748 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 04, 2014 - 06:33 PM

This is the reason why kobe has more passion against lebron cause kobe watched old school players.

33bkfif.jpg

#5 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Rookie

• 1,127 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 04, 2014 - 07:04 PM

Kareem seems to have a knack for getting easily ofended. But he does have a point.

Edited by MaceWindu, March 04, 2014 - 07:04 PM.

#6 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 04, 2014 - 07:58 PM

Kareem is right but I dont think Russell would be that special in today's era. But Kareem and Wilt would dominate.

#7 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,711 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:14 PM

Kareem seems to have a knack for getting easily ofended. But he does have a point.

Because people tend to forget about him when they talk about the GOAT. He has to speak up and let his voice to be heard. some will agree he is the greatest player.. ever.  

I agree with kareem on the last quote. Wilt would dominate this era of ball. it would be just nasty

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#8 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,520 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:40 PM

Kareem is simply the most underrated Center if not player in basketball history.  Aside from images of him in the book of Guiness World Records with most points and his statue in front of Staples.  The man gets no recognition

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

• 40,395 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:43 PM

^ Fair or not, fact is he didn't do himself many favors as far as his personality goes & being more popular off the court with fans. Personality goes a long way in recognition & popularity overall.

yo.

#10 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,520 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:45 PM

^ Fair or not, fact is he didn't do himself many favors as far as his personality goes & being more popular off the court with fans. Personality goes a long way in recognition & popularity overall.

He's just a humble laid back guy.  Never really cared for the spotlight anyways but regardless of his personality, the man's signature move has changed the game of basketball.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#11 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

Lakers franchise > Celtics franchise

• 1,401 posts
  • Fan Since:1967
  • Fav. Laker:Wilt Chamberlain

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:48 PM

Bill Russell is the most overrated NBA player ever. Take any other all time great, put them on any NBA team in any era,,,Bird, Magic, Kareem, MJ, LeBron, etc. They would dominate. Bill Russell wouldn't. I've covered all this already. Championships are a team award, and Russell had stacked teams in an 8 team NBA era. Mt. Rushmore is an individual recognition of skills. Bill Russell doesn't belong, period.

Seasons the Celtics lost ECF when Lakers won the championship (7): 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1988, 2002
In NBA history, the Lakers have finished better than the Celtics by a margin of 41-25!

Click for Video proof Lakers are the greatest NBA franchise
FaceBook: http://www.facebook....nCelticsBusters

• 40,395 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:49 PM

He's just a humble laid back guy.  Never really cared for the spotlight anyways but regardless of his personality, the man's signature move has changed the game of basketball.

I don't deny nor refute any of his immense amount of accomplishments, I'm simply stating one of the reasons as to why he IS ignored & disrespected to an extent as much as he is, again fair or not.

yo.

#13 Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Posted March 04, 2014 - 09:26 PM

Bet he owns Milwaukee. 

#saveourbucks

#14 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 462 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted March 04, 2014 - 10:00 PM

I hate how much credit Bill Russell gets for winning 11 championship rings. Through out his career he had guys that were really good.

Bill Russell's teammates like Sam Jones, John Havlicek, Bob Cousey, Tom Heinsohn, and Frank Ramsey never gets any recognition. If FMVP were given back in those days Sam Jones, Tom Heinsohn, and John Havlicek should have at least 2 FMVP each.

Edited by BlueJab23, March 04, 2014 - 10:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users