Photo

Chris Brown diagnosed with bi-polar disorder among other things during stay in rehab

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 09, 2014 - 10:25 PM

He looks so downright depressed. Again, you would think coming out of this, he will finally be a more controlled & humble human being.

Hard to get into the mind of a man that beats a woman.

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,630 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 10, 2014 - 12:27 AM

Hard to get into the mind of a man that beats a woman.

he's had no repeat offenses of beating women and has actually been fine in that aspect having no issues with women since then while also donating his time to domestic violence organizations and even founding his own while taking time in the inner city communities trying to make a difference(which you'll likely never read about unless you search for it).  

There are stars out there that are constant offenders of that and worse but don't get half the hate this guy does.    

Let's not forget Charlie Sheen brags about shooting one of his wives while flaunting his drug lifestyle.  But he's still getting movies and little to no hate because of it.  He even makes fun of it in commercials talking about "everyone deserves a 10th chance".

if Chris was doing that the world would break about him being the anti-christ.  But he hasn't but he's still hated on as if he does it every day.  

Edited by Majesty, May 10, 2014 - 12:28 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#23 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 07:30 AM

he's had no repeat offenses of beating women and has actually been fine in that aspect having no issues with women since then while also donating his time to domestic violence organizations and even founding his own while taking time in the inner city communities trying to make a difference(which you'll likely never read about unless you search for it).  

There are stars out there that are constant offenders of that and worse but don't get half the hate this guy does.    

Let's not forget Charlie Sheen brags about shooting one of his wives while flaunting his drug lifestyle.  But he's still getting movies and little to no hate because of it.  He even makes fun of it in commercials talking about "everyone deserves a 10th chance".

if Chris was doing that the world would break about him being the anti-christ.  But he hasn't but he's still hated on as if he does it every day.  

Great PR move...thats about it. And he still beat a woman. Cowardly.

Clearly he thinks he is above his probation as well.

#24 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,630 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 05:13 PM

Thats a very nice perspective to have if you never want to give someone credit because you put them in a no win situation.   

If he sat back and did nothing you'd likely say "He hasn't done enough!! Why not give to a womans domestic violence foundation? How about actually doing some work in the communities?! How about actually trying to help!?  Something beyond just saying you're sorry.  Till then it ain't enough!"   

Then if he does just that you can sit back in the same breath and say "Oh great PR move.  STILL AIN'T ENOUGH!"  

#25 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 06:45 PM

Thats a very nice perspective to have if you never want to give someone credit because you put them in a no win situation.   

If he sat back and did nothing you'd likely say "He hasn't done enough!! Why not give to a womans domestic violence foundation? How about actually doing some work in the communities?! How about actually trying to help!?  Something beyond just saying you're sorry.  Till then it ain't enough!"   

Then if he does just that you can sit back in the same breath and say "Oh great PR move.  STILL AIN'T ENOUGH!"  

Did I make him beat a woman? No I didn't. If he didn't beat a woman then he wouldn't be in the situation. Not my fault he is an idiot and a coward.

#26 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,630 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 07:53 PM

Did I make him beat a woman? No I didn't. If he didn't beat a woman then he wouldn't be in the situation. Not my fault he is an idiot and a coward.

Nope but at the same time you can't selectively choose what you want to give him credit for if you want to be holier than thau about it.  

If you're going to play the holier than thau role than you'll have to acknowledge when he tries to do some good instead of just holding the grudge despite any good he does. 

At that point it becomes more about you than about what he actually did in which case you aren't holier than thau just holding a judgement against him no matter what he does to redeem himself in which case your basis no longer holds stance as you aren't looking at it objectively anymore and are more or less just  choosing to hold on to something you can continue to hate him on which makes it less about what he did and more about that you just want to continue to hate him for the sake of hating him.

in which case all it is, is hate. 

If you want it to actually mean something acknowledge a man by his actions from beginning to in rather than taking one incident out of their lives, say that's ALL they are about and never acknowledging anything else.  

I wonder how you would feel if the world held a mistake over your head for the rest of your life no matter what you did to make amends for it and never acknowledged the growing you did as a person for the rest of your life and never being able to live it down while other people around you that have made worst mistakes never get it held against them.

As I said, Charlie Sheen brags about shooting one wife and beating a girlfriend and going on drug rampages, but hollywood can't hire him fast enough and youtube can't stop going about how awesome he is.  

Chris Brown founds an organization for battered women and does work in the inner cities for underprivledged kids and "lol publicity stunt!"   

psh, whatever.  I'm sure you'd have a different opinion if the NBA was STILL blackballing Kobe over Colorado and he was nationally painted as the poster child of infidelity.  Cause that's pretty much the place you put Chris Brown in.  

Edited by Majesty, May 10, 2014 - 08:00 PM.

#27 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 09:15 PM

Nope but at the same time you can't selectively choose what you want to give him credit for if you want to be holier than thau about it.  

If you're going to play the holier than thau role than you'll have to acknowledge when he tries to do some good instead of just holding the grudge despite any good he does. 

At that point it becomes more about you than about what he actually did in which case you aren't holier than thau just holding a judgement against him no matter what he does to redeem himself in which case your basis no longer holds stance as you aren't looking at it objectively anymore and are more or less just  choosing to hold on to something you can continue to hate him on which makes it less about what he did and more about that you just want to continue to hate him for the sake of hating him.

in which case all it is, is hate. 

If you want it to actually mean something acknowledge a man by his actions from beginning to in rather than taking one incident out of their lives, say that's ALL they are about and never acknowledging anything else.  

I wonder how you would feel if the world held a mistake over your head for the rest of your life no matter what you did to make amends for it and never acknowledged the growing you did as a person for the rest of your life and never being able to live it down while other people around you that have made worst mistakes never get it held against them.

As I said, Charlie Sheen brags about shooting one wife and beating a girlfriend and going on drug rampages, but hollywood can't hire him fast enough and youtube can't stop going about how awesome he is.  

Chris Brown founds an organization for battered women and does work in the inner cities for underprivledged kids and "lol publicity stunt!"   

psh, whatever.  I'm sure you'd have a different opinion if the NBA was STILL blackballing Kobe over Colorado and he was nationally painted as the poster child of infidelity.  Cause that's pretty much the place you put Chris Brown in.  

IDGAF about Charlie Sheen. Hes a [expletive]ed in the head.

Infidelity, which is [expletive]ed, is not even in the same category as beating a woman. 

Chris Brown beat a woman. All I need to hear. It shows his true character. A bully and a coward. And yes it has to do a little with me, I have 2 sisters. Thats why its a big deal.

Its okay keep defending the man who did this:

article-2302323-1908511C000005DC-534_634

Edited by LakeShow805, May 10, 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#28 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,630 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 10:15 PM

IDGAF about Charlie Sheen. Hes a [expletive]ed in the head.

Infidelity, which is [expletive]ed, is not even in the same category as beating a woman. 

Chris Brown beat a woman. All I need to hear. It shows his true character. A bully and a coward. And yes it has to do a little with me, I have 2 sisters. Thats why its a big deal.

Its okay keep defending the man who did this:

I don't defend the man that did that. I defend the man that makes amends and efforts for his mistakes he makes instead of the man that brags about them instead of constantly holding it over their heads or that is a constant repeat offender.    There's a difference.  

I don't defend what he did, I defend how he responded and the efforts he's made since then.  I support him trying to make amends, founding organizations and working in the inner cities not the action that preceded it.  You're the one that seems to have an impossible time moving past it.     I don't defend mistakes, I defend how a man replies to those mistakes and how he tries to make amends.   Because if we're just gonna hold mistakes over someones head then there's no point in every trying to become a better person because once you make that mistake its ALL you are. 

You and I both know that's bull.    

Wrong is wrong LakeShow.       if Kobe was made the poster child of infidelity and alledged rape then you'd have a big problem with it and would likely say something along the lines of "THAT was so darn long ago! He's done so much since then why don't you look at that!"   But if you're going to do that for Kobe you can't sit back in your holier than thau state and try to make everything Chris Brown has ever done about that moment.     

Don't defend the action, but acknowledge the amendments.     If you don't then you're just holding on to hate for the sake of holding on to hate and it doesn't even continue to be about Rihanna anymore and just becomes about you hating Chris.  And at that point the point is lost and is only hate.  

Bet you didn't know Sean Penn nearly killed Madonna intentionally :) and is on record for beating her constantly.. not once.. constantly.   

But guess what.. He just acted in the critically acclaimed 'Milk' movie and still gets major roles in Hollywood.  Because people don't want to remember it.  Same with James Brown, same with Charlie Sheen and I could probably name about 30 other celebrities currently in Hollywood that aren't blackballed by their domestic disputes.  Even the repeat offenders.  

Chris Brown at 17-18 was made the poster child for domestic violence and no matter what amends he tries to make for it people like you are either sitting there saying he either hasn't done enough and when he does do something you say it's a publicity stunt so that you can continue to hold hate.

Like I said, if Kobe was made the poster child of infidelity and rape trials and was blackballed by the league STILL TODAY by those standards you'd have a problem with it wouldn't you.    Cheating on your wife when you make an MTV special where you show off your ring and say "Off Limits! Leave me alone!"   if that was still held over Kobe's head as aggressively as Brown's case you'd likely have a big problem with it.     I bet you still get peeved if an ignorant fan if they find out you're a Kobe Bryant fan if someone said "how can you support that rapist" you'd cuss them the heck out.  

But then that's the same kind of box you're placing Chris Brown in because YOU hate him.  YOU hate him for what he did but when you just blatantly ignore any effort he makes to become a better person or make amends for what he did then you're just hating him for the sake of hating him more than for the sake of what he did or for the sake of what he'll need to do to make amends which is what you'd hope for so that kind of thing DOESN'T happen again, but you take the other route of ignoring any kind of progress or the fact he hasn't been a repeat offender just to keep hating him for things he's already moved past and made amends for and made many more efforts than he had to to try to rectify.  And that's when the message is lost.   

If I had a girlfriend that was heavy into drugs, and was putting me through hell because of her addiction then I am going to dislike her for all the things she put me through, but then I'm not gonna turn around and ignore if she went to rehab and stayed sober for 10 years trying to make all of it up to me and to make me happy.   That would be stupid.   Why would I hate someone when they're at their lowest and then ignore if they ever try to better themselves?  At that point it would mean I just WANT to hate them and don't want to see them do better at all.  And at that point, "I" am the one with the problem.  Not them. 

Edited by Majesty, May 10, 2014 - 10:20 PM.

#29 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,722 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 10, 2014 - 10:40 PM

Dude was so proud of his work he got it tatted

Chris-Brown-009.jpg

A+ in my book

2div

#30 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,169 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted May 10, 2014 - 11:42 PM

chris brown could have been a superstar, but he's a clown and afterthought in many ways

ap1.png

#31 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,630 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 12:34 AM

Dude was so proud of his work he got it tatted

Chris-Brown-009.jpg

Thats not Rihanna's face -_-   It's a MAC design in the symbol of a Mexican Day of the Dead celebration

img_8319.png?w=510&h=503

Edited by Majesty, May 11, 2014 - 12:35 AM.

#32 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,722 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 11, 2014 - 12:37 AM

Yeah I'm sure that's all it stands for

2div

#33 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,630 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 01:19 AM

Yeah I'm sure that's all it stands for

It is.  I just showed you the symbol, it's the same that's on his neck.  At this point if you see anything else it's because you want to. 

The actual tattoo of a girl he has on his body is this one 

Chris-Tat.jpg

Which is his girlfriend Karrueche.  

Edited by Majesty, May 11, 2014 - 01:20 AM.

#34 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 08:06 AM

I don't defend the man that did that. I defend the man that makes amends and efforts for his mistakes he makes instead of the man that brags about them instead of constantly holding it over their heads or that is a constant repeat offender.    There's a difference.  

I don't defend what he did, I defend how he responded and the efforts he's made since then.  I support him trying to make amends, founding organizations and working in the inner cities not the action that preceded it.  You're the one that seems to have an impossible time moving past it.     I don't defend mistakes, I defend how a man replies to those mistakes and how he tries to make amends.   Because if we're just gonna hold mistakes over someones head then there's no point in every trying to become a better person because once you make that mistake its ALL you are. 

You and I both know that's bull.    

Wrong is wrong LakeShow.       if Kobe was made the poster child of infidelity and alledged rape then you'd have a big problem with it and would likely say something along the lines of "THAT was so darn long ago! He's done so much since then why don't you look at that!"   But if you're going to do that for Kobe you can't sit back in your holier than thau state and try to make everything Chris Brown has ever done about that moment.     

Don't defend the action, but acknowledge the amendments.     If you don't then you're just holding on to hate for the sake of holding on to hate and it doesn't even continue to be about Rihanna anymore and just becomes about you hating Chris.  And at that point the point is lost and is only hate.  

Bet you didn't know Sean Penn nearly killed Madonna intentionally :) and is on record for beating her constantly.. not once.. constantly.   

But guess what.. He just acted in the critically acclaimed 'Milk' movie and still gets major roles in Hollywood.  Because people don't want to remember it.  Same with James Brown, same with Charlie Sheen and I could probably name about 30 other celebrities currently in Hollywood that aren't blackballed by their domestic disputes.  Even the repeat offenders.  

Chris Brown at 17-18 was made the poster child for domestic violence and no matter what amends he tries to make for it people like you are either sitting there saying he either hasn't done enough and when he does do something you say it's a publicity stunt so that you can continue to hold hate.

Like I said, if Kobe was made the poster child of infidelity and rape trials and was blackballed by the league STILL TODAY by those standards you'd have a problem with it wouldn't you.    Cheating on your wife when you make an MTV special where you show off your ring and say "Off Limits! Leave me alone!"   if that was still held over Kobe's head as aggressively as Brown's case you'd likely have a big problem with it.     I bet you still get peeved if an ignorant fan if they find out you're a Kobe Bryant fan if someone said "how can you support that rapist" you'd cuss them the heck out.  

But then that's the same kind of box you're placing Chris Brown in because YOU hate him.  YOU hate him for what he did but when you just blatantly ignore any effort he makes to become a better person or make amends for what he did then you're just hating him for the sake of hating him more than for the sake of what he did or for the sake of what he'll need to do to make amends which is what you'd hope for so that kind of thing DOESN'T happen again, but you take the other route of ignoring any kind of progress or the fact he hasn't been a repeat offender just to keep hating him for things he's already moved past and made amends for and made many more efforts than he had to to try to rectify.  And that's when the message is lost.   

If I had a girlfriend that was heavy into drugs, and was putting me through hell because of her addiction then I am going to dislike her for all the things she put me through, but then I'm not gonna turn around and ignore if she went to rehab and stayed sober for 10 years trying to make all of it up to me and to make me happy.   That would be stupid.   Why would I hate someone when they're at their lowest and then ignore if they ever try to better themselves?  At that point it would mean I just WANT to hate them and don't want to see them do better at all.  And at that point, "I" am the one with the problem.  Not them. 

Stop bringing up other people, we are talking about Chris Brown.

I don't like Chris Brown because he beat a woman and then he says stupid [expletive] like this.

"I finally learned that beating women is wrong"

http://www.tmz.com/2...erview-rihanna/

What a [expletive]ing idiot. Is he serious? 

He just learned it was wrong after he was caught and got in trouble for it. Hmmmm I wonder if he thinks its wrong because it is truly [expletive]ed up or because he got caught and got in trouble for it? I will go with the latter judging by his ignorant comment.

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,630 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 06:39 PM

Stop bringing up other people, we are talking about Chris Brown.

I don't like Chris Brown because he beat a woman and then he says stupid [expletive] like this.

"I finally learned that beating women is wrong"

http://www.tmz.com/2...erview-rihanna/

What a [expletive]ing idiot. Is he serious? 

He just learned it was wrong after he was caught and got in trouble for it. Hmmmm I wonder if he thinks its wrong because it is truly [expletive]ed up or because he got caught and got in trouble for it? I will go with the latter judging by his ignorant comment.

You're one of the many that have fallen for TMZ bait -_-  

If you had actually watched the video he never said "I finally learned beating women is wrong"   :smh: 

He was talking about his counseling he went to and what he actually said when he was asked about it was talking about accountability and not blaming anyone else but himself for what happened and that there was no way to justify it.  He was talking about accountability. 

Chris Brown: "It's about me being a man and knowing that what I did was wrong and never doing it again.   She knows my heart I know hers and I did my 52 weeks of counseling and learned that it is ABSOLUTELY WRONG." with which the reporter asked if it was therapy or counseling.  

Chris Brown: It was domestic violence counseling, 52 weeks every Monday in Virginia and I remember going in there and just sitting in there and wondering "why did I do what I did" and really wanted to just get help.

And if you actually watch the interview you see how he said it and realize there's NOTHING wrong with what he said. 

That "I FINALLY LEARNED THAT BEATING WOMEN IS WRONG!"  is a TMZ headline bait.  And you fell for it  :laughing:    

again, because you wanted to believe he actually said that.  

Edited by Majesty, May 11, 2014 - 06:39 PM.

#36 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,926 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 07:18 PM

We live in a society predicated on the second chance. Chris brown done his crime and us paying his dues. I don't understand how a person can judge another man without for a second consider being in his shoes. There's a lot of things that happen to a person before they get to their breaking point. I especially can't judge a man when they're trying to make there self a better person.

People who holds grudges for a single mistake a person made is another reason why they revert back to that bad behavior. A huge part why the prison system is such a failure. Punish. Punish. Punish, but give not opportunity for rehabilitation. Part of rehabilitation is acceptance and forgiveness. Not just from the guilty party, but from society as a whole.

#37 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts

Posted May 12, 2014 - 08:04 AM

You're one of the many that have fallen for TMZ bait -_-  

If you had actually watched the video he never said "I finally learned beating women is wrong"   :smh: 

He was talking about his counseling he went to and what he actually said when he was asked about it was talking about accountability and not blaming anyone else but himself for what happened and that there was no way to justify it.  He was talking about accountability. 

Chris Brown: "It's about me being a man and knowing that what I did was wrong and never doing it again.   She knows my heart I know hers and I did my 52 weeks of counseling and learned that it is ABSOLUTELY WRONG." with which the reporter asked if it was therapy or counseling.  

Chris Brown: It was domestic violence counseling, 52 weeks every Monday in Virginia and I remember going in there and just sitting in there and wondering "why did I do what I did" and really wanted to just get help.

And if you actually watch the interview you see how he said it and realize there's NOTHING wrong with what he said. 

That "I FINALLY LEARNED THAT BEATING WOMEN IS WRONG!"  is a TMZ headline bait.  And you fell for it  :laughing:    

again, because you wanted to believe he actually said that.  

"and learned that it was absolutely wrong."  ...Still pretty much the same thing. If you have to learn that it is wrong, you are an idiot and your morals are [expletive]ed.

We live in a society predicated on the second chance. Chris brown done his crime and us paying his dues. I don't understand how a person can judge another man without for a second consider being in his shoes. There's a lot of things that happen to a person before they get to their breaking point. I especially can't judge a man when they're trying to make there self a better person.

People who holds grudges for a single mistake a person made is another reason why they revert back to that bad behavior. A huge part why the prison system is such a failure. Punish. Punish. Punish, but give not opportunity for rehabilitation. Part of rehabilitation is acceptance and forgiveness. Not just from the guilty party, but from society as a whole.

Doing great with that second chance....got 131 more days in jail. Great job Chris!

#38 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,135 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted May 12, 2014 - 03:26 PM

No one will truly know if he is as sincere as he makes himself out to be, about doing what he did to rhianna but beating a women TO ME is a very serious thing that I should hope was just a one time incident that he truly has remorse for.
However there are a few crimes that despite myself being far from perfect, Would still not forgive someone for.

Edited by mrclutch, May 12, 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#39 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,630 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 08:47 PM

He's out of jail now and gained a lot of weight during his time in. 

article-2651495-1E8D33F000000578-251_634

BpbGQTQIEAALRG5.jpg

Dude can go undercover as himself now... needs some Shaun T  and Tony Horton in his life.  But really, hope he gets it together.

Edited by Majesty, June 08, 2014 - 08:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users