Photo

Chris Brown diagnosed with bi-polar disorder among other things during stay in rehab

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,119 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 02, 2014 - 01:20 AM

If you're wondering where he's been the past 3-4 months. He's actually been in rehab to get clean and to get help.  They've discovered among other things he's bi-polar along with PTSD.

0228-chris-brown-court-tmz2-3.jpg

Chris Brown has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, severe insomnia and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ... and that's why he has had such anger issues ... this according to new court docs.

Chris was in court today for a progress hearing in the Rihanna beating case.  Documents were filed by the facility where Chris just completed 90 days of anger management therapy. In fact, Chris stayed longer, just completing 95 days.

In the legal docs -- obtained by TMZ -- an official from the rehab facility wrote that ... in addition to his diagnosis ... Chris was self-medicating inappropriately.  

The facility writes, "Mr. Brown became aggressive and acted out physically due to his untreated mental health disorder, severe sleep deprivation, inappropriate self-medicating and untreated PTSD." They never explain the cause of the PTSD. The letter also says Chris was diagnosed with Bipolar II.  

The letter says Chris is on meds for the bipolar and other conditions.

Chris has learned various relaxation exercises, according to the letter, and he's tested negative for drugs, including weed, during his stay.

The facility says he's doing really well.  It says he gets up at 5 AM and works hard.  They say he's been especially good with community service, saying, "Mr. Brown's attitude has been beyond exemplary in regard to his community service responsibilities."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2.../#ixzz2unNNQLPw

Good.  Continue to get help Chris.   Hopefully another former child singer follows suit or any other young star that's "wilding out" right now.   Hopefully when he finally exits the facility he can stay out of trouble.  One can only hope, kid is talented but that wasn't what would have been remembered if he kept down the same path.  Hope he's able to stay out of trouble for the most part after this time is done.  

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,385 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 01:26 AM

Makes more than sense. Can't really say I'm surprised.

yo.

#3 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,752 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted March 02, 2014 - 08:58 AM

Eh.  He may have a disorder, but it doesn't excuse his behavior.  When your actions have consequences for others (beating up Rihanna) I don't have any sympathy.  I hope he gets help, but I don't think his condition should act as a blanket amnesty for past behavior.

#4 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 02, 2014 - 09:50 AM

Makes more than sense. Can't really say I'm surprised.

This. He has shown many anger outburst in the past, and the way he beat up a woman just shows something wasnt right in his head.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#5 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,862 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 10:11 AM

I forgave him along time ago and now I feel empathy for him. He just needs to serve his charges and his debt his paid. Like I've been saying, social stigma about mental diseases needs to change. I wouldn't be surprised if Rhianna is suffering from something too. It takes a lot out of people to uphold an image everyday and perform in front of thousands. There is a bit of god complex in these celebrities. To be honest, I'm surprised we have yet to hear about a Hollywood star murdering someone.

#6 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 02, 2014 - 10:22 AM

Eh.  He may have a disorder, but it doesn't excuse his behavior.  When your actions have consequences for others (beating up Rihanna) I don't have any sympathy.  I hope he gets help, but I don't think his condition should act as a blanket amnesty for past behavior.

this

#7 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,119 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 12:46 PM

I don't think it does.   I think the most important thing is that after Rihanna he's had no repeat offenses in that aspect eventhough there were obviously other things he's had issues with hitting a woman has not been one of them so I am glad about that. 

• 40,385 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 12:22 AM

Ne-Yo thinks Chris Brown is being treated unfairly by the justice system because he's a celebrity.

yo.

#9 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,741 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 13, 2014 - 10:25 AM

Slef mediacting/ bi-polar disorder, undiagnosed and untreated by professionals until now and the spotlight he lives within.

This isnt an EXCUSE, but it EXPLAINS where such odd behavior is created

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,119 posts

Posted May 04, 2014 - 06:34 PM

Update as of 5/4/2014 

Remember that assault charge that was reduced, the guy looked out for money and the bodyguard was found guilty of?    
 http://lakernation.c...ears-in-prison/

That apparently has not gone away and the Judge decided to delay the case for three months effectively meaning that Brown now has to spend the next 3 months in jail.

Anyway here is the most recent updates upon it. 

"I think it's a little over the top to have him in custody on this misdemeanor when everybody saw the bodyguard's trial and which was nothing more than a bloody nose," Brown lawyer Mark Geragos told reporters in Washington last week. "And you have got the bodyguard who was convicted and who readily admitted he was the one who did the punching. So all of this is much ado about nothing."

http://www.cnn.com/2...-brown-hearing/

He has spent a month there thus far and will likely be there through May and thus there for his Birthday.  Girlfriend Karrauche Chan has been his 'rock' through these times and there's hints toward an engagement after he comes out.  But till then he's alone with his thoughts, which may be the best thing for him imo. 

Chris still seems completely overwhelmed by his incarceration, according to our source. With his birthday fast approaching, it’s everything he can do to hang on to his hope of getting out sooner rather than later.

“He never in a million years thought he’d spend a week, let alone months and his birthday in jail. That’s the ultimate blow to his psyche,” a source close to Chris revealed to us exclusively. “He doesn’t have any plans other than to sit alone, by himself in jail, and reminisce about the good times in life.”

If Chris has a silver lining in his situation it’s that he still has the love and support of girlfriend Karrueche Tran. Karrueche has reportedly been his rock while in jail. She’s always been available to talk on the phone and she’s sent him care packages as well.

“He told Karrueche that he will be thinking about how she’s treated him and stuck by him through everything and how he hasn’t always been upfront and faithful. He will be spending that day coming to reality with his life and hopefully will move forward and make better choices and even get serious with Kae.” 

Getting serious with Kae is just what Chris could be planning to do as soon as he gets out of prison. We learned exclusively that Chris considers Kae “wife material.”

“He basically told her that when he gets out things are going to be way different between them and that he’s going to return all the favors she’s given him with a surprise of a lifetime,” our source exclusively revealed to us.

http://hollywoodlife...plans-revealed/

imo.. he'd better do just that.  Kae has been there for him for the better part of the last 3-4 years as his best friend and as his girlfriend as opposed to Rihanna who conveniently disappears into another stars arms whenever he's going through a rough time.

And lastly, right before he was put away for three months due to the judge deciding to postpone the trial he released a 'preview instrumental' of the song "Don't Be Gone Too Long." which he performed in one take with beautiful songstress Ariana Grande. 

The Full Version shall be released some time in the future, must say from the instrumental to chorus I enjoy it, much better than Loyal and Love More.   Mainly because I think songs like "Don't Be Gone Too Long" and "Fine China" and "Don't think they know." are the kinds of songs Chris should be doing and are the kind of music that made him as popular as he was and is.   The unfortunate thing is that songs like Love More and Loyal chart top 10 and songs like Fine China and Don't think They Know always hover around the top 20 or 15.   Because it's not the kind of music that sells(unless you become VERY lucky with fantastic timing and fortunate like Pharrell did this year and Cee-Lo did a few years ago).  

There is a nostalgia feeling to them and that is why they are fantastic timing.  The thing with Chris is that while a majority of his fans attach themselves to him because he has the talent and ability to remind them somewhat of MJ, the unfortunate thing whenever he does inspiring songs while his fans seem to adore them, they don't get a lot of airplay, not over songs like Loyal, Look at Me Now, or Love More, despite being superior songs, so it's a tough spot to be in. 

All and all and ultimately, I hope he gets his life together and that these three months in jail be it right or wrong help continue to put things into focus out of rehab for him.   Only time will tell. We all know he has the talent but time till tell how he will focus it.   Best of luck to him. 

Edited by Majesty, May 04, 2014 - 06:36 PM.

• 40,385 posts

Posted May 05, 2014 - 03:42 AM

^ Well, having read all that, if there's any positive that can come out of this, obviously one would figure and hope he will come out more humble out of this whole experience.

yo.

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,119 posts

Posted May 05, 2014 - 04:00 AM

^ Well, having read all that, if there's any positive that can come out of this, obviously one would figure and hope he will come out more humble out of this whole experience.

very true. 

One does wonder though and I'd hate to ask this.. but I wonder after seeing how easy it is to put and keep Brown in prison for 3 months because of something his bodyguard did simply by delaying the trial... why Bieber himself spent about a night at most in jail before bail for assaulting his own limo driver.  

Perhaps it's because Bieber wasn't on probation though.  But you'd figure if a judge really DID want to put Bieber away for an extended period of time they could, just like they've done with Chris.  

I think the most hammering thing is that for all intents and purposes this case, should be over, and Chris should be a free man.   But perhaps seeing how easily his freedom was taken from him, right or wrong is something that will.  

A LOT of stars intentionally get in trouble because they know what the law can and cannot do and know they won't be in jail for very long so they keep their same paths, same jails same bails etc.  

Chris wasn't given that luxury, he was put away on a technicality and stays in jail because the judge decided to postpone his trial to teach him a lesson.. one with which his bodyguard was the perpetrator of X_X

So if anything if Chris isn't bitter against the law system it will be a humbling experience, and it sounds like it's going to be and has been.   

I doubt he'll ever be left alone for all those years ago with what happened to Rihanna though, I doubt it's something he ever "truly" escapes fully even if its referenced less as time goes on.  He is going to be the poster child for domestic violence no matter what he does sadly so the best thing he can do is have a span of years of success and no incidents where it no longer matters what he did what is it.. 5 or 6 years ago now because there'd be nothing alike to pin to him afterwards. 

But to do that at this point he can't surround himself even with bodyguards that are even a little bit froggy because as is proven here even if THEY hit someone it's his name put on it and his probation in jeopardy. 

1:37 - 1:45 reminds me a lot of his situation right now and how it's gonna be for a while. 

#13 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,272 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted May 09, 2014 - 02:13 PM

He got 131 days in jail this morning. Yikes.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#14 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 05:35 PM

He got 131 days in jail this morning. Yikes.

You do the crime, you do the time. Going to be a very long 131 days.

#15 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,119 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 07:34 PM

You do the crime, you do the time. 

But .. he didn't...

So wouldn't it be in this case.  

If your security guard does the fray..you're the one that's put away?  

Edited by Majesty, May 09, 2014 - 07:34 PM.

#16 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,119 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 07:37 PM

Chris's attorney on it. 

"I would expect Chris would be out of jail before the weekend's up or Monday," attorney Mark Geragos told reporters after the hearing in which Brown was brought in shackled and wearing an over-sized orange prison suit.

Shackled... -_- really?  He needs to be shackled now?    :smh:  I want to ask if his judge is male or female but I don't want to open up that can of worms.  We'll see if the 131 days stand though.   

Edited by Majesty, May 09, 2014 - 07:38 PM.

#17 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,667 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted May 09, 2014 - 07:38 PM

SMH.

#18 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 08:04 PM

But .. he didn't...

So wouldn't it be in this case.  

If your security guard does the fray..you're the one that's put away?  

"Singer Chris Brown admitted Friday to violating his probation by getting arrested in Washington"

http://www.cnn.com/2...ris-brown-jail/

He did. He admitted it himself.

#19 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,119 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 08:10 PM

"Singer Chris Brown admitted Friday to violating his probation by getting arrested in Washington"

http://www.cnn.com/2...ris-brown-jail/

He did. He admitted it himself.

That's not what put him away in the jail for 3 months on the delay.  

that was for the incident with his moms car window which is why he went to rehab in the first place with her support.  Obviously he did that one or he'd never have went to rehab and that is where they found out about his bi-polar disorder, self medicating etc.  it was him getting kicked out of rehab because he was within 15 feet of a female in the facility and not wanting a random drug test(which he tested negative for afterwards) is why they sent him out of rehab and into jail(because it was going to equal time served either way).  That is what he's getting the 113 days on which leads back to his moms window which he obviously did and there's no other way to plea and if he'd tried to fight it he'd have likely gone  to jail for 3 years as it is a violation of his probation.

The case with the assault his body guard did is the one that got delayed for an additional 3 months by the judge and had him put back there is a separate case entirely so I guess you'd be right under those aspects of this extension(which is to do with the Window).   But the one that he's looking at 3 months because of the delay is the one the Security Guard was guilty for.   

Which is a separate case entirely and I'd expect cnn to get that X_X 

Either way though, even if he is released from jail within this weeks time he'll have 700 hours of community service to look at as punishment for that initial violation.  So he's got some more work ahead of him.  The same fate was awaiting him out of rehab however and he will have to constantly submit to random drug tests whenever they happen to assure he's on the straight and narrow and isn't self medicating etc etc again. 

Edited by Majesty, May 09, 2014 - 08:23 PM.

• 40,385 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 09:21 PM

He looks so downright depressed. Again, you would think coming out of this, he will finally be a more controlled & humble human being.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users