• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,903 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted February 25, 2014 - 10:40 PM

I didn't want to make a thread for this, but I've seen it on other forums I visit.

It's kind of like Twitter, where you can mention a user inserting their between a bracket (usually quote) and they'll get a notification.

Triple Ocho

Just thought that would be a cool feature for those who want to be alerted when someone responds to their post or when they are tagged in a thread for whatever reason.
iyjywo.jpg

#2 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 25, 2014 - 11:23 PM

As far as quoted posts go, you can already get notifications for that (when someone quotes you in a reply).  Just go to your notification settings:

http://lakernation.c...a=notifications

I'll consider the idea, regardless, because it could be easier to quote people that way...but most of the time, at that point, it makes it difficult for OTHERS to see what you're replying to, and it forces them to crawl back up the topic and try to figure it out.

#3 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted February 26, 2014 - 12:34 PM

I agree with Real but it can be useful if you are not quoting someone. For example if you see a thread that you think Windu would like a lot then you can enter something like: @Windu look at this 

Or if you mention people in a post like the Member Appreciation  you could do @ for all the people you mentioned and they would all know right away and be able to see the post you made about them. 

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#4 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,084 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted February 26, 2014 - 01:58 PM

http://community.inv.../6253-mentions/

It costs $17, but appears to be a hook for IPB (this forum software). If a member ever purchased this hook and submitted it to the staff, it would make the user mention suggestion implementable, assuming the administrative team accepts the request.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#5 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,346 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 26, 2014 - 02:03 PM

Adding this to our notes. Thanks!

• 40,603 posts

Posted February 26, 2014 - 02:05 PM

http://community.inv.../6253-mentions/

It costs $17, but appears to be a hook for IPB (this forum software). If a member ever purchased this hook and submitted it to the staff, it would make the user mention suggestion implementable, assuming the administrative team accepts the request.

Okay so we've got 5,676 members. If we could get just 1,722 of them to each donate just one single penny we could do it. That would be one of the easiest ways imo.

yo.

#7 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 09, 2014 - 09:33 PM

I had this idea on my status updates -.-

KanyeToThe forums has this and when you mention some or quote them it gives you a notification in the bottom left corner and you can click it and leads you straight to it.

Why is this useful or significant?

Imagine this was D12 thread with 20 posts a second and someone quotes you. You get notification and it leads you to it. Instead of going back a few pages, you have this feature.

Edited by Ham, March 09, 2014 - 09:40 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#8 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,903 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted March 09, 2014 - 11:40 PM

I had this idea on my status updates -.-

KanyeToThe forums has this and when you mention some or quote them it gives you a notification in the bottom left corner and you can click it and leads you straight to it.

Why is this useful or significant?

Imagine this was D12 thread with 20 posts a second and someone quotes you. You get notification and it leads you to it. Instead of going back a few pages, you have this feature.

I use Ktt and that's where I got the idea from.

What's your handle there? What sections do you be at?
iyjywo.jpg

#9 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 10, 2014 - 07:34 PM

Correct, but again, if it's a member hitting the quote button on your post (like I have done for yours), then you can go into your settings and add notifications for that already (built-in).  

#10 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 11, 2014 - 02:53 PM

Correct, but again, if it's a member hitting the quote button on your post (like I have done for yours), then you can go into your settings and add notifications for that already (built-in).  

Yeah I saw that after. lol oops

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users