Photo

Horace Grant On Playing With Kobe, Shaq, & The 2001 15-1 Playoff Run Lakers Compared To '91 Bulls

GRANTLAND

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Murdercassette

Murdercassette

Rap game Billy Mays

• 622 posts

Posted February 26, 2014 - 03:40 PM

Love what Bill Simmons has to say about anything basketball related other then Kobe and the Lakers.  MJ, as a person, is a well documented jerk, and I'm sure he hated everyone and everything that got in the way of him winning. That's what separated him from everybody else, and the only guy that has that now is Kobe, and perhaps KD. 

On a more related note, it's very good to hear from Horace Grant, one of my fav Lakers growing up. I'm very surprised he picked LA over the Bulls as well.

Posted Image

• 40,395 posts

Posted February 26, 2014 - 03:55 PM

I liked him too, but Ron Harper even more. Always so smooth.

yo.

#23 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,508 posts

Posted February 26, 2014 - 03:58 PM

i love the grantland stuff, nice articles, nice interviews and podcasts..but MAN bill simmons has the most annoying voice ever yo!

bw1wOGf.png

#24 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted February 26, 2014 - 04:12 PM

" I don't like him personally, which affects the way I think of him professionally.
He hasn't been the greatest teammate this decade, both on and off the court. It's been documented ad nauseam, even in books by people paid to coach him. When he accidentally injured Andrew Bynum's knee recently, I found it interesting that Kobe's reaction was more "Crap, there goes my title!" than "Oh, no, my teammate is hurt—I hate seeing him in pain!"

- Bill Simmons on Kobe Bryant

I can see the point of view in a humane manner but this is his hypocrisy that this relates to so many other players, look at MJ, we all know the stories. MJ wouldn't be sad if Pippen had gotten injured, he'd be mad cause it might cost him a tittle. It is about being competitive.

Look at the workplace, if you have an important job but are very sick, you call in. Your boss might be a little concerned, but more than anything he is wondering how can he get the production or assignment finished now. It is a quality we all have as humans.

#25 Rad

Rad

• 1,626 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 12:26 AM

" I don't like him personally, which affects the way I think of him professionally.
He hasn't been the greatest teammate this decade, both on and off the court. It's been documented ad nauseam, even in books by people paid to coach him. When he accidentally injured Andrew Bynum's knee recently, I found it interesting that Kobe's reaction was more "Crap, there goes my title!" than "Oh, no, my teammate is hurt—I hate seeing him in pain!"

- Bill Simmons on Kobe Bryant

Ironically, so true -- lol.

#26 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,392 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 27, 2014 - 10:49 AM

Anyone who acts as if Anfernee Hardaway was some scrub has no clue wtf theyre talking about.

The guy had a injury that changed his entire career.

Before that the guy was pure awesome.

#27 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,578 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted March 12, 2014 - 08:49 AM

Penny Hardaway could've become one of the greatest SG's if not for his injuries. Same goes for Brandon Roy. 

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users