#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,697 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 22, 2014 - 06:00 PM

Well they played one game with the Lakers and already got a nickname, let's hope they continue to play well. 

Here's their highlights against the Celtics.  I'll post up the full game highlights once I find them as well for anyone that missed the game. 

ENJOY!   Their combined 27 points most in the 4th against the Celtics.   The Lakers allowed the Celtics only 64 points in the final 3 quarters and the Lakers bench scored 63.  

Killa B's 

FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS: 

Edited by Majesty, February 22, 2014 - 07:45 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 22, 2014 - 06:10 PM

Cool, all we need is 5 starters for next year

#3 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 22, 2014 - 06:58 PM

Cool, all we need is 5 starters for next year

Kobe

Marshall

Hill

I'm pretty sure those are starters...

#4 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 466 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted February 22, 2014 - 07:10 PM

Kobe

Marshall

Hill

I'm pretty sure those are starters...

Hill might be better coming off the bench.

#5 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,670 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 22, 2014 - 07:40 PM

that jumpshot by brooks was kobe-esque.

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,697 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 07:44 PM

that jumpshot by brooks was kobe-esque.

yes that fadeaway was on point, his floater was nice too. 

Bazemore and Brooks did extremely well for their first games and lead that charge against the Celtics after being down 13.  

Was fantastic to watch.   They brought not just scoring but defense.  One with a wing span of 6'11(Bazemore) the other with a wingspan of 7'1(Brooks).   Loved every bit of it. 

#7 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 22, 2014 - 08:05 PM

Be careful, Majesty...you're getting excited about this "D-League" team?  That's a no-no...acting like a true fan this year while MDA is still coach could get you flamed!!!  And banned from LA!

LOL...

#8 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 08:07 PM

I'm pretty superstitious don't call these guys Killer Bs!!! Last time we had that bunch they sucked together after a hot start Lol (Blake, Barnes, Brown)

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,396 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 08:27 PM

Nice highlight video, but was missing Wu Tang's "Killer Bs" song:

Spoiler

yo.

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,697 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 08:46 PM

Nice highlight video, but was missing Wu Tang's "Killer Bs" song:

Spoiler

You know the hilarious thing? I just listened to that song while watching the first highlight video. 

if you start watching the highlight video at :16 the moment Wu-Tang starts rapping it syncs up nicely and hilariously for the rest of the video lol. 

#11 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 914 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 23, 2014 - 07:35 AM

Add the final B(Bryant) to these Killa B's and imagine the results. I just hope they don't start winning too many games now. We need a high pick.

#12 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,767 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted February 23, 2014 - 07:58 AM

I think I need more than one game to determine if these guys aren't bums.  And given that they are playing on this team, they are bums.  But if MDA has a whole summer to work on them in the offseason and he has a training camp, the skys the limit!

#13 Julien

Julien

Rookie

• 986 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 23, 2014 - 08:05 AM

A lot of NBA players are capable of ONE game like this.

What I wanna see now:
Are they capable of doing it on a regular basis?

#14 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,552 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted February 23, 2014 - 08:07 AM

That game was a lot of fun, I love the energy they brought. I hope we can hang on to some of these guys like Hill, Farmar, Young, Johnson, etc. We'll see what the new guys can do the rest of the way, jury is still out on them. This team has some very good role players though, the hard part is going to be adding enough talent for it to translate into winning basketball

#15 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Rookie

• 765 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted February 23, 2014 - 09:25 AM

If Bazemore's shot from beyond the arc can get more consistent I don't see why he couldn't become a Lance Stephenson type for the squad, scrappy defending guard with a developing upside on Offense.

That's the ceiling I see for this dude.

Edited by RickyStarFox, February 23, 2014 - 01:08 PM.

#16 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 23, 2014 - 12:40 PM

lol........ one night, these guys are probably rentals

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#17 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,349 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 12:41 PM

lol........ one night, these guys are probably rentals

MDA doesn't think so. I think he's starting Bazemore tonight.

#18 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 23, 2014 - 12:42 PM

MDA doesn't think so. I think he's starting Bazemore tonight.

MDA a rental too  :cool2:  :laughing:

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#19 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 23, 2014 - 03:00 PM

Thank God the Killer B's have arrived. the future is clear and bright now.  The eight game home losing streak, instantly snapped!  19th win before March, no problem!  Now we can gun down the Pacers at home next week with the Killer B's in tow.

Oh wait ...the bizzee bees  have played a combined total of 6 years in the league, for six different teams, not counting the D league.  But I am sure that all those other GMs and coaches have just missed it.

Edited by LakerGeezer, February 23, 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#20 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,697 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 03:10 PM

Thank God the Killer B's have arrived. the future is clear and bright now.  The eight game home losing streak, instantly snapped!  19th win before March, no problem!  Now we can gin down the Pacers at home next wee with the Killer B's in tow.

Oh wait ...the bizzee bees  have played a combined total of 6 years in the league, for six different teams, not counting the D league.  But I am sure that all those other GMs and coaches have just missed it.

Bulk of that is Brooks. Bazemore was a rookie for the Warriors and such, they tried to play him at the 1 which he is not.    The Warriors had no viable backup 1 for Curry, cause Bazemore isn't a one and neither is Jordan Crawford which is why they got Blake. 

Marshon Brooks was the 2nd leading scorer among rookies in his rookie year with the Nets and looked to have a great future ahead of him.  The Nets got Joe Johnson and then left him on the bench.  

The amazing thing is both Brooks and Fredette were the number 1 and 2 leading scorers in college basketball that year and both got buried on benches.  Fredette more so than Brooks as Brooks was at least the Nets option before Joe Johnson came along. 

Then Brooks went to the Celtics, and was told by the coach Brad Stevens to 'wait' and he'd get his time. He did so and despite showing himself well during the pre-season when he got minutes and nearly leading the Celtics all the way back against the Raptors he remained buried on the bench. 

Went to the Warriors for about a month and they never went out of their way to teach him the offense because they didn't intend on playing him as they knew he wasn't a 1 and that was what they were searching for(to backup curry and fill the Jack role).  Neither Bazemore nor Brooks fit that, and the Warriors felt Crawford was a better defender as well as scorer than Brooks so he got the minutes at the 2 sparringly once they failed putting him at the 1.  

Now Brooks and Bazemore are both in a better situation for them both on the Lakers.  Bazemore doesn't have to worry about being a 1 and Brooks doesn't have to worry about being buried on the bench as long as he produces.   Both have their uses in D'antoni's system and it fits them both better than what the Warriors wanted to use them as.  No one's calling them saviors but they are talent worth taking a look at and seeing if they can stick around and both would help us tremendously in the future if they are able to do so.  That's the realistic perspective and expectations of them. 

But of course...you'll shoot down anything the Lakers do because you're a Clippers fan :)   The Clippers fan that defended Darius Morris because he performed poorly due to not playing enough minutes.   But then you go ahead and try to shoot down Brooks and Bazemore?

giphy.gif

Edited by Majesty, February 23, 2014 - 03:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users