Just A Fan

• 3,378 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 22, 2014 - 09:54 AM

Pau will be the best option, sadly.
Hopefully Embiid.

Believe it or not, he maybe. It will depend on how much he will take.
Posted Image

#82 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted February 22, 2014 - 09:56 AM

Like I've been saying. It's not that far-fetched that Pau will be here next season. I've been saying he will. But if the Lakers want him to take any kind of a hometown discount, they should offer him a no trade clause in the deal.

#83 dyls5

dyls5

Rookie

• 414 posts
  • Name:Dylan
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 22, 2014 - 10:00 AM

I think the Lakers would like to bring Gasol back. It's going to be up to Gasol though and if he wants to stay with the team that has been trying to trade him for the last few years.

#84 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,203 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 10:20 AM

I'd sign deng or Stephenson this offseason to go with Kobe and the rookie

If you can trade Nash then maybe you can sign melo to go with those other 3. If not just try to make the playoffs with

Exum/Parker/ wiggins/embiid and kobe and deng/Stephenson

That'll at least allow for development of our rookie and a foundation being in place

Then in 2015 you sign Kevin love, the rookie hopefully grabbed 35 min a night so their feet are wet and now you have Kevin love walking into a strong foundation non reliant on Kobe but reliant on a combination of Kobe and the rookie with a solid 3rd/4th option in Stephenson/deng

Also you still have Marshall here who hopefully during this time had another year of 34+ minutes where he only improved and you got yourself a contender
Posted Image

#85 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,203 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 10:41 AM

Looking at the free agent lost I'm now 100% team Greg Monroe. With Drummonds emergence they will likely let him walk. He's 23 and very skilled. I'd honestly give him 15 million a year to possibly max.

Draft in the top 4. Sign Monroe, sign Stephenson

Though if you can clear enough cap space to possibly sign love in 2015 to go with Monroe, the pick and kobe you do it
Posted Image

#86 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,561 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 22, 2014 - 10:47 AM

Looking at the free agent lost I'm now 100% team Greg Monroe. With Drummonds emergence they will likely let him walk. He's 23 and very skilled. I'd honestly give him 15 million a year to possibly max.

Draft in the top 4. Sign Monroe, sign Stephenson

Though if you can clear enough cap space to possibly sign love in 2015 to go with Monroe, the pick and kobe you do it

You'd give 15m+ to a young PF that doesn't play defense?

Also, Love and Monroe would be a clog at PF. And if you were to move Monroe to C position, you'd have one of the worst defensive front courts in the league. 

Edited by Clutch Factor, February 22, 2014 - 10:48 AM.

#87 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,224 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted February 22, 2014 - 10:51 AM

I think Carmelo and Deng is most likely (possibly LeBron)

I think it's possible for Bron because if he was truly committed  to the Heat he'll sign an extension  to them. Sure it's more than likely that he'll re-sign. but still why leave doubt that he'll bolt. You'll hear the reports that he will meet with the Lakers in the summer too, so look out for that 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#88 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,203 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 10:59 AM

You'd give 15m+ to a young PF that doesn't play defense?

Also, Love and Monroe would be a clog at PF. And if you were to move Monroe to C position, you'd have one of the worst defensive front courts in the league.

Well Monroe is a center forced to play out of position because of Drummond

And yes I'd give him 15 million. He's 23 and incredibly talented offensively. He completely understands the game. And he was a solid defender when he played/plays center

He's not a defensive anchor but he's also not inept. He's headed in the direction of a guy who can put up 18-10 every night while being able to help the offense flow beautifully

He's the 2nd/3rd option on a championship team depending on who the other players are.

Ideally you don't need love. Ideally Monroe develops as does Marshall and the player we draft allowing us to no longer need love do we can concentrate on filling out the roster with really solid players

Ideally the guy we draft this year has #1 option potential allowing everyone else to slide into place. Maybe you grab lance Stephenson this year

Who knows but monroe to me is similar to Aldridge, not in style or scoring ability but in level of player. The guy helps offensive flow, especially when he's at center. Having him and Marshall on the floor would create a well oiled machine on depending on who the other 3 guys are
Posted Image

#89 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,561 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 11:01 AM

I think it's possible for Bron because if he was truly committed  to the Heat he'll sign an extension  to them. Sure it's more than likely that he'll re-sign. but still why leave doubt that he'll bolt. You'll hear the reports that he will meet with the Lakers in the summer too, so look out for that 

After this season, Pat Riley is most likely going to build the next possible competitive team for Lebron. Will Bosh and Wade sign for less? Are there any possible players (healthy defensive bigs) they can acquire? More athletic players? I wouldn't doubt Riley's ability to assemble a team. 

I just don't see Lebron leaving Miami after winning two championships with them. And does he really want to go through all that "decision hate" again? He's staying in Miami.

And regarding LA, everything about the Lakers is highly unstable. Our FO, our coach, our team, our medical staff, etc. Free agents won't even know how Kobe will look like after his injury unless he comes back the last few weeks and dominates. A young rookie from the draft pick isn't very selling. How about our coach? Lebron has zero incentive to come here. Fans need to stop thinking that every free agent wants to come to LA. Especially now that we're in one of the worst states of the franchise ever.

#90 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,350 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 11:01 AM

You're just rambling at this point.  I'll take you seriously as a poster once you realize that Melo isn't in the same category as Durant

But I agree with you though. I know he isn't better than Durant, and never did I say that.

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#91 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,561 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 11:16 AM

Well Monroe is a center forced to play out of position because of Drummond

And yes I'd give him 15 million. He's 23 and incredibly talented offensively. He completely understands the game. And he was a solid defender when he played/plays center

He's not a defensive anchor but he's also not inept. He's headed in the direction of a guy who can put up 18-10 every night while being able to help the offense flow beautifully

He's the 2nd/3rd option on a championship team depending on who the other players are.

Ideally you don't need love. Ideally Monroe develops as does Marshall and the player we draft allowing us to no longer need love do we can concentrate on filling out the roster with really solid players

Ideally the guy we draft this year has #1 option potential allowing everyone else to slide into place. Maybe you grab lance Stephenson this year

Who knows but monroe to me is similar to Aldridge, not in style or scoring ability but in level of player. The guy helps offensive flow, especially when he's at center. Having him and Marshall on the floor would create a well oiled machine on depending on who the other 3 guys are

I haven't seen Monroe's defense at the C position. But I've read articles that state how he has trouble defending bigs that are heavier and more physical than him. 

The Lakers have been giving up a ridiculous amount of points in the paint. And we sorely need a defensive anchor. Regardless of the reports, it's no guarantee that Love comes to LA. If he gets traded to a team that is competitive/contention worthy next season, why would he leave that just to join LA? I still have hopes that he'll come here and would rather place him at the 4 with a defensive anchor rather than Monroe.

Marshall and Monroe? Imagine what Marshall and Love could do, a big that can shoot from virtually anywhere from the field.

#92 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,283 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted February 22, 2014 - 11:18 AM

Pau at a cheaper rate is absolutely not a bad idea.

#93 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,283 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted February 22, 2014 - 11:19 AM

Right Basketball IQ, like I said, 20 years ago.

#94 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,350 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 11:21 AM

I hope we bring Magic & Phil out to help recruit LeBron. We all know Phil isn't coming back, but letting LeBron know that Phil is part of the Lakers plans in the future along with him I think will help a lot.

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#95 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,561 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 11:26 AM

Do I need to go get Melo words on the Bulls. They aren't a option. They never have been. When was the last time the Bulls signed a major free agent? You go look that up, and I will wait for you to find it. And please go do the same thing with the Celtics. Playing with the Celtics is more attractive than the Lakers. I've heard it all now. You keep listing all these teams that aren't really a option. Go ahead and list the Mavs next.

Why do I need to make up a plan to sell him on. Playing with Kobe sells itself, but I know you think he belongs in a retirement home, so I need not go any further on that. Not surprising coming from a Dwight lover. You should go join your ilk on Clutchfans.

It's so clear you don't even have a plan, but for the Lakers to suck for a very long time. Same with the Knicks. I'll go tell Knicks fans they should pass on Love because he can't fit with Melo. Great Plan Jody!

He has also said that Love & Durant aren't coming to the Lakers, so what is his plan? That's right he doesn't even have one.

You also clearly have have a strange fascination with the male genitalia area.

When was the last time the Lakers signed a major free agent? Shaq? Old Malone and Payton?

The past is history. If the Bulls have a winning culture and a healthy stack of competent players (if Rose can come back healthy), why wouldn't Chicago be a realistic option for free agents?

Playing with Kobe doesn't sell itself anymore. If Kobe came back and played like the 2012/2013 form without suffering the knee injury,  you would be right. But the odds are not in his favor.

What do the Lakers possibly have to sell? Melo is on the wrong side of 30 and needs to win a ring. He doesn't need fame in LA as he was the #1 option in New York, a big market in and of itself. 

#96 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,203 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 11:26 AM

I haven't seen Monroe's defense at the C position. But I've read articles that state how he has trouble defending bigs that are heavier and more physical than him.

The Lakers have been giving up a ridiculous amount of points in the paint. And we sorely need a defensive anchor. Regardless of the reports, it's no guarantee that Love comes to LA. If he gets traded to a team that is competitive/contention worthy next season, why would he leave that just to join LA? I still have hopes that he'll come here and would rather place him at the 4 with a defensive anchor rather than Monroe.

Marshall and Monroe? Imagine what Marshall and Love could do, a big that can shoot from virtually anywhere from the field.

Monroe does struggle in post defense which is why they felt they could move him to PF but when at center his quickness allows him to be strong in keeping people in front of him especially in pick and roll

There aren't really any big centers so Monroe isn't going to get beat up a bunch

In order to get love you have to entice him. One way of doing that is getting Monroe to go with Marshall, the top 5 pick and Kobe

Monroe is kind of like odom or bosh in that he can put up 20 but he's much more comfortable scoring when assisted and distributing

Imagine having real ball movers like Monroe and Marshall up go with Kobe and love and whoever is drafted

Monroe
Love
Wiggins/Parker
Kobe
Marshall

Or

Monroe
Love
Kobe
Exum
Marshall

Those are the best offensive teams in the league which in some ways will probably operate like the spurs where the ball moves crisp and everyone is a threat

To me Monroe is a must grab. Last time he played center he Averaged 16ppg 10rpg 4apg as a 22 year old

Even out of position he's Putting up 15ppg 9rpg 2apg

Imagine being back in position and in his prime. He's a 18ppg 10rpg 4apg guy. He's basically Lamar odom at his best
Posted Image

#97 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,203 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 11:28 AM

Hopefully in negotiating with Monroe we can grab him for 12 million a year. 4 years 48 million would be fantastic
Posted Image

#98 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,561 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 11:34 AM

Pau at a cheaper rate is absolutely not a bad idea.

I would love for Pau to sign for cheap and come off the bench. Hopefully the limited role would allow him to stay healthy

Ultimately I see him going to Memphis and playing with his brother. 

#99 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,561 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 11:34 AM

Hopefully in negotiating with Monroe we can grab him for 12 million a year. 4 years 48 million would be fantastic

Those teams look elite offensively but worry me defensively.

#100 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,203 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 11:44 AM

Those teams look elite offensively but worry me defensively.

Maybe you get someone like thibs who seemed to turn pierce and ray Allen into solid defenders.

Monroe and love may not be typical great defenders but they will rebound. We got by with odom and gasol because while they weren't great defensively they gave effort and rebounded at an elite level

Monroe and love would accomplish that. We would be the best rebounding team. With Monroe and love you probably want wiggins or exum because of their defensive potential. Parker would probably make our defense a real issue.

Get wiggins for example and he can take the other teams best player every game. From there Monroe will stay in front of guys and love will be put on the opposing teams worst big man.

And they will rebound a ton
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users