#41 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,320 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 21, 2014 - 10:52 AM

That's not the plan considering we have no draft pick next season

We have a top 5 pick if we suck enough.

Edited by Mooninite, February 21, 2014 - 10:52 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#42 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,320 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 10:59 AM

hi-res-150120508-kobe-bryant-talks-with-

Come help a brother win another ring.

#43 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,105 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 11:00 AM

Do you really think we will be this unhealthy again
Posted Image

#44 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,658 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted February 21, 2014 - 11:01 AM

Mooninite prefers to the route that Kupchak has already said they weren't going...typical

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#45 farzadkavari

farzadkavari

Rookie

• 181 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 21, 2014 - 11:06 AM

That's not the plan considering we have no draft pick next season

Its a sad time in Laker land...

#46 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,320 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 11:12 AM

I'm sure the Lakers will turn down Melo if he comes here. You keep thinking that.

Edited by Mooninite, February 21, 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#47 martin90

martin90

Rookie

• 444 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 21, 2014 - 11:23 AM

fire MDA

#48 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,371 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted February 21, 2014 - 11:44 AM

If Pau and MDA are gone I will get all of us wings and pizza. Leggo

I hope you ship internationally or send money via paypal :P
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#49 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,658 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 11:48 AM

Never said they would, but I'm sure Melo probably isn't interested in a rebuilding Lakers either.  This is a team banking on a 36 year old player regaining hopefully 75 percent of his game and hitting on a draft pick that probably won't be a great player for at least 2-3 years.  Not really something you can sell to a guy hell bent on winning a ring next year.

I'm sure the Lakers will turn down Melo if he comes here. You keep thinking that.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#50 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,320 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 01:14 PM

Playing with a 75% Kobe is better than anyone the Knicks could pair him with. You already said that the Knicks should pass on Love. So what would Melo be staying in New York for?

Everything I've been hearing is the Melo is clearly interested in coming to L.A.

#51 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,349 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 21, 2014 - 01:21 PM

Playing with a 75% Kobe is better than anyone the Knicks could pair him with. You already said that the Knicks should pass on Love. So what would Melo be staying in New York for?

Everything I've been hearing is the Melo is clearly interested in coming to L.A.

How about the Bulls?

#52 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,658 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 01:39 PM

Well you haven't been paying attention to Melo and logic escapes you.  Even if Melo is signed the Lakers really can't provide him with the talent to beat the likes of OKC, Clippers or any other team that actually plays great offense until at least 2015 or 16.  What is a team of Pau at C, Melo at PF and Kobe at SG going to do against the contending teams in the NBA?  Whose the coach?  Whose the PG? Farmar?  Nash lol.  You're so hung up on Melo's scrotum you can't even think of a plan to even sell him on how he'd win here and take a paycut vs the virtually the same situation in NY and make more money. 

What about the Bulls? or worse the Celtics?  Their situations are much more attractive than the Lakers. 

#53 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,320 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 02:16 PM

Do I need to go get Melo words on the Bulls. They aren't a option. They never have been. When was the last time the Bulls signed a major free agent? You go look that up, and I will wait for you to find it. And please go do the same thing with the Celtics. Playing with the Celtics is more attractive than the Lakers. I've heard it all now. You keep listing all these teams that aren't really a option. Go ahead and list the Mavs next.

Why do I need to make up a plan to sell him on. Playing with Kobe sells itself, but I know you think he belongs in a retirement home, so I need not go any further on that. Not surprising coming from a Dwight lover. You should go join your ilk on Clutchfans.

It's so clear you don't even have a plan, but for the Lakers to suck for a very long time. Same with the Knicks. I'll go tell Knicks fans they should pass on Love because he can't fit with Melo. Great Plan Jody!

He has also said that Love & Durant aren't coming to the Lakers, so what is his plan? That's right he doesn't even have one.

You also clearly have have a strange fascination with the male genitalia area.

#54 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,658 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 03:02 PM

You're just rambling at this point.  I'll take you seriously as a poster once you realize that Melo isn't in the same category as Durant

Do I need to go get Melo words on the Bulls. They aren't a option. They never have been. When was the last time the Bulls signed a major free agent? You go look that up, and I will wait for you to find it. And please go do the same thing with the Celtics. Playing with the Celtics is more attractive than the Lakers. I've heard it all now. You keep listing all these teams that aren't really a option. Go ahead and list the Mavs next.

Why do I need to make up a plan to sell him on. Playing with Kobe sells itself, but I know you think he belongs in a retirement home, so I need not go any further on that. Not surprising coming from a Dwight lover. You should go join your ilk on Clutchfans.

It's so clear you don't even have a plan, but for the Lakers to suck for a very long time. Same with the Knicks. I'll go tell Knicks fans they should pass on Love because he can't fit with Melo. Great Plan Jody!

He has also said that Love & Durant aren't coming to the Lakers, so what is his plan? That's right he doesn't even have one.

You also clearly have have a strange fascination with the male genitalia area.

#55 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 21, 2014 - 07:21 PM

Need a versatile big who can face up, hit midrange shots and pass.  A big who can play above the rim.  A big that can change ends quickly.

Pau is not that player.

Greg Monroe

Bosh (vomit)

Jeff Green

One of the Morris Twins

Tristan Thompson

Batum

Taj Gibson

Z-Bo

Millsapp

David Lee

We will get a good PG is we don't break into the top 3 (lottery)...Exum, LaVine, Ennis...what we need is a player who can spread the floor, attack the basket and get rebounds.  The problem with our team is we don't have enough players who have Lamar Odom's ability to rebound out of position and create for others, from rebound-push-dish.

And for me to say that we need a LO type player, that is saying something.

Also, a lot of the players I listed are not free agents but can be had via S&T or absorbing their contracts with our cap space...

#56 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,743 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 21, 2014 - 07:24 PM

Much as you hate Bosh, I have to admit, that's pretty much the guy you described. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#57 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 07:30 PM

Much as you hate Bosh, I have to admit, that's pretty much the guy you described. 

Yeah...I know.  I hate it too...

#58 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,196 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted February 21, 2014 - 07:35 PM

I would take Noah, Monroe, Tristan or Z-No. Really need some work horse type bigs. Bang bang and rebound.
Posted Image

#59 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,196 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted February 21, 2014 - 07:36 PM

Lakers have got some decent gaurds and SG's could use some athletic Bigs.
Posted Image

#60 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,853 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted February 21, 2014 - 11:59 PM

Carmelo Anthony.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users